Sponsored

What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I am thinking of purchasing an extended warranty plan and Fidelity warranty services comes highly recommended by the Porsche owners forum Rennlist.

What are your thoughts on purchasing a bumper to bumper extended warranty plan for the Rivian.

I can see the warranty would include the battery and drive motors / inverter. We can go as high as 11 years total coverage and 150,000 miles.

I've attached their online quote for reference and you can add a $200 code "RIVIAN" to help bring the price down slightly.

I am most interested in a 10 year / 100,000 mile Platinum warranty with $250 deductible for $3,836 OTD.

What are your thoughts?

Picture for attention ;)

Steingold Factory Protect Fidelity Extended Warranty Link - Rivian

Use code RIVIAN to knock $200 off the price.

Note for California and Florida residents. They like to have special laws about selling extended warranty. Hellooooo, we've been trying to reach you regarding your extended warranty...

-Highline Autos is one of the few Fidelity retailers, able to administer coverage to California and Florida residents, you can reach them at the email already shared in this thread, [email protected].

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services AT Bright

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703103078174

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703097897415
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

RivianDad2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Audi R8 V8, Toyota Prius
I have one for my R8 and it is amazing! I’m 3 for 3 on claims paid. Fidelity is highly thought of in the R8 world. The only question is whether you buy it now or wait until just before the Rivian warranty runs out. If you think the mileage will be relatively low, you may want to wait. Mileage is probably the number one factor on price, based on what we see on the R8.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Been thinking about this more lately so it’s good to know there might be options out there. Also wondering if Rivian will sell extended warranties.

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
I am thinking of purchasing an extended warranty plan and Fidelity warranty services comes highly recommended by the Porsche owners forum Rennlist.

What are your thoughts on purchasing a bumper to bumper extended warranty plan for the Rivian.

I can see the warranty would include the battery and drive motors / inverter. We can go as high as 11 years total coverage and 150,000 miles.

I've attached their online quote for reference and you can add a $200 code "RIVIAN" to help bring the price down slightly.

I am most interested in a 10 year / 100,000 mile Platinum warranty with $250 deductible for $3,836 OTD.

What are your thoughts?

Picture for attention ;)

AT Bright.jpg

View attachment 78315

1703097897415.png
What is the url to get a quote?

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have one for my R8 and it is amazing! I’m 3 for 3 on claims paid. Fidelity is highly thought of in the R8 world. The only question is whether you buy it now or wait until just before the Rivian warranty runs out. If you think the mileage will be relatively low, you may want to wait. Mileage is probably the number one factor on price, based on what we see on the R8.
Thanks for sharing your real life feedback. I looked at another company called XCare and they had good reviews as well. I am leaning towards Fidelity because they have a long time history, competitive pricing and the platinum warranty is exclusionary.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/extended-warranty-xcelerate-auto.20316/

Been thinking about this more lately so it’s good to know there might be options out there. Also wondering if Rivian will sell extended warranties.
Exactly the same for me. It's been on my mind and typically warranty companies will raise their prices at the start of the year and every 10,000 miles or 25,000 miles increments for current mileage. Its usually best to buy it the same calendar year and before 10,000 miles.

What is the url to get a quote?

Here you go. You can use the promo code RIVIAN to knock $200 off the price.

Steingold Factory Protect Fidelity Extended Warranty - Rivian

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

My R1S got 21,000+ miles since delivered Feb 2023. Too late?
I believe you can purchase it as long as you're within the factory warranty. Try running your vin and mileage through the online instant quote system and see what your options are.

RivianDad2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In my experience, you can even purchase a Fidelity warranty after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, it just makes the price go up. People in the R8 forum are still obtaining Fidelity warranties on 2012 cars (although, I think this is the last year to do so). It will be interesting to see how Fidelity prices these going forward because they probably won’t have much data until the manufacturer’s warranty expires and they start seeing claims.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have 39k miles on a 2022. Very different options were presented to me...

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services Screenshot_20231220-214414

Do you work at Fidelity?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Screenshot_20231220-214414.png

Do you work at Fidelity?
Looks like mileage is a big driving factor.

I do not work at Fidelity.

I was planning to run a few quotes with 15,000 miles and 25,000 miles vin using cars on auto trader to get an idea how pricing change as mileage accumulates.

Seems like it makes sense to get it before you get some heavy mileage on the car.

I’m just trying to decide between 100,000 miles or 120,000 miles.

My last car I did 85,000 miles over 8 years. 4 years of commuting 5 days a week, 2 years very little commuting due to Covid and 1 year of 3 days a week hybrid commuting.

I recently switched to fully remote job and plan to use to car only for dropping my child to school, personal use and road trips.

I think 10,000 miles a year will cover me. My main concern is having full coverage after the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty expires.

I hit my term limits before I hit my mileage limit on my current extended warranty.

RivianDad2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Screenshot_20231220-214414.png

Do you work at Fidelity?
Thanks for sharing. This is a good example of the importance of mileage. The Fidelity warranty is refundable prorata, but on a new car that means that after you run through the manufacturer’s warranty you’d only get about 50% back. I’m sure that’s factored into the pricing the OP quoted. For the truck above, they are much closer to actually ring responsible for repairs.

This has definitely given me something to think about. My guess is that even adding interest, I would be happy to get a five year warranty for $5k-6k in five years from now…

RivianDad2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like it’s not available in California.
That dealership is in Rhode Island. Some dealerships won’t sell out of state (some will). That may also partially explains the lower pricing.

We may want to find a dealership/broker willing to get special rates for this forum. There’s one like that with the R8 forum, and it’s worked out very well for both sides. I’ll reach out to the person who did the R8 deal and ask if they want to try to do something similar with Rivians.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

This is very helpful! Thank you. At 37,xxx miles, I'm in the higher priced category from the poster above, but all I need is a 36 month/36,000 mile policy, which I should still hit mile limit well before calendar. This gives me time (73,000 miles) to see how much out of warranty Rivian service is, at which time I can make a decision on long term ownership.

This was a huge help for me, once again, thanks! Someone needs to ask Rivian Sr. VP on extended warranty programs internally through Rivian.

RivianDad2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is very helpful! Thank you. At 37,xxx miles, I'm in the higher priced category from the poster above, but all I need is a 36 month/36,000 mile policy, which I should still hit mile limit well before calendar. This gives me time (73,000 miles) to see how much out of warranty Rivian service is, at which time I can make a decision on long term ownership.

This was a huge help for me, once again, thanks! Someone needs to ask Rivian Sr. VP on extended warranty programs internally through Rivian.
It would also be nice if Rivian offered a prepaid maintenance package like Audi Care. I still have no idea what’s involved for regular maintenance or what it will cost (the rep on the demo drive pretty noticeably dodged the question).
Sponsored