Dale
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicles
model sP90D/ ram 1500/lexus 350RH
Occupation
medicine
If anyone is planning on cancelling a reservation regardless, I would be interested in purchasing it for $2250 including your 1K deposit, If the logistics can be worked out. If not, I'll just continue to wait till 23' when I'm up in que. I have a model SP90D. Back in the day, I secured 2 day ONE Model 3 reservations after waiting hours in line at the Northern VA Tesla store . Ultimately, I ended up not ordering either model 3's , & had visions of auctioning off the reservations, but ultimately no one bite at attempts to sell these reservations for a little to nothing fee. I ultimately cancelled both reservations, and without compensation. Folks cancel reservations for a lot of reasons and majority if not all get zero dollars for them, except the initial deposit. If anyone is planning on cancelling a LE reservation between Feb - Jun 22', I would be interested, please hit me up.
Advertisement

Monkey

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
It's worth what someone will pay for it. At the moment I haven't seen an offer over $5k... And there seem to be more and more people willing to sell theirs.
Lots of them popping up on various social media that are selling. I think many people reserved early with the intent to flip the reservation. I’m going to sit tight and see what the estimates are for Adventure package reservations, especially for those of us with max pack orders. If my wait is long and grabbing an early LE gets me one sooner by 1 year+ I’ll track one down. Otherwise I’ll just wait. Also wondering how close Rivian will be watching account changes and other things.

AMoney

First Name
Amanda
Reaction score
First Name
Amanda
Vehicles
GMC Acadia
Occupation
N/A
I’d be willing to pay $5000 for someone’s LE R1S 7 seater. I’m an August 2020 R1S Forest Green/BM 7 seat preorder holder.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
I would be a buyer of an R1T LE reservation for $5k. Also have my own reservation I could swap with a seller. Serious and can make it happen ASAP.

Last edited:

Monkey

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Lot of people asking for $5k (which is really only $3.2k with the tire upgrade), but nobody selling below $30k
Sure there are. Many people looking to sell outside this forum. I know I said I was going to wait, but I made a deal for one today. Agreed to terms and will get it sorted tomorrow.. If I don’t use it and still wait for my max pack, my brother will use the reservation.

I think a lot of opportunists put down the $1K deposit early thinking they would have less competition and more demand when they go to sell vs. $100 deposit/reservations for other new EVs. It’s not working out that way for them.

$30K is not just dreaming, that’s ridiculous.

I’ll update after it’s done.

dsps70

First Name
Dale
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicles
model sP90D/ ram 1500/lexus 350RH
Occupation
medicine
Sure there are. Many people looking to sell outside this forum. I know I said I was going to wait, but I made a deal for one today. Agreed to terms and will get it sorted tomorrow.. If I don’t use it and still wait for my max pack, my brother will use the reservation.

I think a lot of opportunists put down the $1K deposit early thinking they would have less competition and more demand when they go to sell vs. $100 deposit/reservations for other new EVs. It’s not working out that way for them.

$30K is not just dreaming, that’s ridiculous.

I’ll update after it’s done.
So ridiculous, folks thinking they can make 30K off a reservation. Frankly I wouldn’t pay 5K either.

dleewla

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Honda Accord
Occupation
Technical Program Manager
This is lame. Please people, don't pay for someone else's place in line. They obviously don't want the vehicle (or unwilling to wait) and now are trying to profit off it.... pure greed.

For those trying to sell, just cancel your reservation.

OP
OP
toade

toade

Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
This is lame. Please people, don't pay for someone else's place in line. They obviously don't want the vehicle (or unwilling to wait) and now are trying to profit off it.... pure greed.

If two parties can come to a fair value that they both agree upon, seems like a win-win.

cc84

Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 GMC Sierra

My take on greed is when you take advantage of someone's misfortunes, or misrepresent your intent, in order to make a profit. If a person is upfront about his intent and not trying to deceive, then the transaction should be allowed. The prospective buyer should be able to make their own choice.

I personally feel it's better to provide someone with an opportunity to purchase a Rivian sooner, rather than them go to another manufacturer, such as Tesla. Getting your deposit back doesn't help Rivian. The prospective buyer can determine what they're willing to pay, if anything at all.

I'm not sure about Federal Tax incentives, as to whether it will be applied towards your IRS taxes, be a rebate, or how many vehicles can get the incentive during a calendar year. This will probably affect transfers/sales.

That said, it's up to what Rivian allows. I'm not selling my Rivian, but I do have two other Launch Edition vehicles, Ford and Cadillac, that I want to sell their place in line. Deposits on them were for a backup if Rivian didn't come through. I can either get my deposits back, or give someone an opportunity to possibly get an electric vehicle sooner.

The prospective buyer could also have the intent of purchasing the vehicle and reselling it for a profit. I will make no profit whatsoever, if friends or family want this opportunity, but everyone else would need to pay a reasonable fee.

I don't expect to sell the reservations, but they are available if anyone is interested, as long as everything is legal and ok'd by the manufacturer.

Last edited:

pklomboy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Don't own a vehicle
My take on greed is when you take advantage of someone's misfortunes, or misrepresent your intent, in order to make a profit. If a person is upfront about his intent and not trying to deceive, then the transaction should be allowed. The prospective buyer should be able to make their own choice.

I personally feel it's better to provide someone with an opportunity to purchase a Rivian sooner, rather than them go to another manufacturer, such as Tesla. Getting your deposit back doesn't help Rivian. The prospective buyer can determine what they're willing to pay, if anything at all.

I'm not sure about Federal Tax incentives, as to whether it will be applied towards your IRS taxes, be a rebate, or how many vehicles can get the incentive during a calendar year. This will probably affect transfers/sales.

That said, it's up to what Rivian allows. I'm not selling my Rivian, but I do have two other Launch Edition vehicles, that I want to sell their place in line. Deposits on them were for a backup if Rivian didn't come through. I can either get my deposits back, or give someone an opportunity to possibly get an electric vehicle sooner.

The prospective buyer could also have the intent of purchasing the vehicle and reselling it for a profit. I will make no profit whatsoever, if friends or family want this opportunity, but everyone else would need to pay a reasonable fee.

I don't expect to sell the reservations, but they are available if anyone is interested, as long as everything is legal and ok'd by the manufacturer.
Gosh I would love the launch edition. Honestly saw the color initially and didn't like what I saw on the internet. The LE color looks way better in real pics than it did now. I just moved back to the country and definitely need a new vehicle only reserved back in August.

cc84

Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 GMC Sierra
Gosh I would love the launch edition. Honestly saw the color initially and didn't like what I saw on the internet. The LE color looks way better in real pics than it did now. I just moved back to the country and definitely need a new vehicle only reserved back in August.
Sorry. I probably misled you in my post above and have since edited. My other Launch Editions I was referring to, were the Ford Lightning and Cadillac Lyriq. I'm keeping my Rivian.

Advertisement

Advertisement