Looking to purchase your Launch Edition

shkelton

New Member
First Name
Jacek
Joined
Nov 20, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Wisconsin
First Name
Jacek
Vehicles
2017 Civic, 2009 Avanger
Hello there,

I have received my email today like a bunch of others.
March - April 2022
  • R1T
  • Ordered Dec 19th 2018
  • Launch Edition
  • Large pack
  • El Cap Granite
  • Black Mountain interior
  • 20" All-Terrain wheels
  • Full-size spare
  • Off-Road Upgrade
I have actually been thinking of just finding the correct place to auction off my spot, especially if we can change our information in account settings. Set up a teamviewer screen share to actually perform the change over, let them type the password in for the account once all other items are changed. Or just change to dummy settings and provide them the password. I have been on the fence with this. $79,000 is very hard for me to justify, even if this is one of the coolest trucks out there. I just need to find correct place for the auction. I think I would start the bidding at around 35k. Whats the worst that could happen - no bites, oh well :)
Advertisement

 

Capstone

Member
First Name
James
Joined
Mar 19, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
Location
PEI
First Name
James
Vehicles
2015 F150 / 2019 Nissan Leaf
Did you purchase their reservation? Seems like a helluva deal.
No that was me that offered it to Toade for 5k because he is a great guy :)
Unfortunately I am very far east in Canada and I suspected that the delivery timeframe was going to be outside my window. I had never imgained that my LE reservation would go outside 2021 which I will lose my funding (still processing that - love the r1t). If anyone is interested in a LE res send me a message.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rad

Taycanfrank

Active Member
First Name
Frank
Joined
Oct 30, 2021
Messages
29
Reaction score
40
Location
Seattle
First Name
Frank
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
It's not just you offering an LE reservation for less than 5k.

I'm still looking if anyone wants to send me a message. I'm not paying 5k but I'll send cash money to the first person that sends me an offer I'm interested in.
 
OP
OP
toade

toade

Active Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2021
Messages
27
Reaction score
29
Location
santa barbara, ca
Vehicles
Raptor
Seems like a
No that was me that offered it to Toade for 5k because he is a great guy :)
Unfortunately I am very far east in Canada and I suspected that the delivery timeframe was going to be outside my window. I had never imgained that my LE reservation would go outside 2021 which I will lose my funding (still processing that - love the r1t). If anyone is interested in a LE res send me a message.
Yeah, I had multiple offers at $5k.

I don't think there is as much demand for reservations as some holders might think. I haven't seen anyone else even offer $5k.
 

Monkey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2021
Messages
122
Reaction score
182
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Seems like a

Yeah, I had multiple offers at $5k.

I don't think there is as much demand for reservations as some holders might think. I haven't seen anyone else even offer $5k.
I've gone over the math, logistics, etc.. Guesstimate of my max pack R1T probably being July~October '23... Even with all that, there's only so much I'd be willing to take an early reservation. Some of the numbers thrown out here are just crazy talk.

If anyone has an LE coming early next year that you don't want or can't make work, hit me up. I'll pay a bit. Won't be $5K. But yes, I have cash in hand for a successful reservation transfer.
 
OP
OP
toade

toade

Active Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2021
Messages
27
Reaction score
29
Location
santa barbara, ca
Vehicles
Raptor
I've gone over the math, logistics, etc.. Guesstimate of my max pack R1T probably being July~October '23... Even with all that, there's only so much I'd be willing to take an early reservation. Some of the numbers thrown out here are just crazy talk.

If anyone has an LE coming early next year that you don't want or can't make work, hit me up. I'll pay a bit. Won't be $5K. But yes, I have cash in hand for a successful reservation transfer.
You should also keep in mind the extras that come free with an LE reservation. For me, with a regular reservation I'd be paying $1800 for 20" wheels and $1500 for grey... With LE I save $3300 with the free wheel upgrade and paint color I like (LE green). So paying $5000 for someone's reservation is only costing me $700. Obviously if you are going with a different color, or 21" wheels, the math doesn't work out the same for you.
 

Monkey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2021
Messages
122
Reaction score
182
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
You should also keep in mind the extras that come free with an LE reservation. For me, with a regular reservation I'd be paying $1800 for 20" wheels and $1500 for grey... With LE I save $3300 with the free wheel upgrade and paint color I like (LE green). So paying $5000 for someone's reservation is only costing me $700. Obviously if you are going with a different color, or 21" wheels, the math doesn't work out the same for you.
All fair points for consideration. Wasn’t looking at it that way specifically. Personally I’m still committed to Limestone+FE as a color combo + 20” AT w/ off-road package.

I think the reality of it for me is it’s a truck I’d keep at most a year if I were to pick up an LE because I’d sell it as soon as my max pack order came in. On that note, I’d probably consider Launch Green and BM interior to not spend extra there. Maybe I’m just not motivated enough as a potential buyer of an LE reservation. I’m not poor, but I’ve concluded years ago that spending extra money impulsively or out of desperation is always a bad thing.
 

cc84

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
226
Reaction score
394
Location
East TX
Vehicles
2000 GMC Sierra
It appears I may finally be getting a Rivian, before my other reservations. I am an early reservationist for both the Ford F-150 Lightning (within the first hour) and Cadillac Lyriq (10-15 minutes) Launch debut editions. More than likely, I'll be getting my deposits back on both.

However, If anyone is interested in either, I am open for discussion. It all has to be legal and ethical. Instead of me requesting my deposit back, it's an opportunity for someone to have early access to an electric vehicle. I didn't make these reservations to profit, but as a backup plan if I couldn't get the Rivian first. That said, it won't be free, but it will be more than reasonable. You can private message (conversation) here if interested.
 

dsps70

Member
First Name
Dale
Joined
Sep 30, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
6
Location
22551
First Name
Dale
Vehicles
model sP90D/ ram 1500/lexus 350RH
Occupation
medicine
I'd sell my spot for 50K. I am a December 2018 res holder with a current R1T order LE with standard battery pack. Would assume to be in the first deliveries if they hold true to what they are saying. I think you could easily flip the vehicle if the first ones off production line for 25k. The other 25k are punitive damages from all the pain and suffering Rivian has caused early reservation holders with all the delays and priority employee vehicle delivers. Newer reservation holders wouldn't understand.... But they will when their prices go up and their deliveries get even more delayed. In all reality EV's will lose most of their value once they are bought as new technology is coming so fast it will be like a new iPhone coming out once a year. The only thing Tesla and Rivian have going for them right now is they are first to the market and the competition is not there yet. But it is coming and if Rivian delays any further they will lose their advantage.

My 50K offer is only out there for someone that wants one of the very first Rivian R1T's produced. Before the market gets flooded with Ev's.
nonsense
 

trickflow

Well-Known Member
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Mar 26, 2019
Messages
120
Reaction score
133
Location
SoCal
First Name
Andrew
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
Is anyone seriously interested in purchasing an early spot? I have a Dec 4ht, 2018 pre-order and most likely won't purchase, as it's been way too long for me to wait and made other plans since. I got a message stating I will be April - May 2022.
 
OP
OP
toade

toade

Active Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2021
Messages
27
Reaction score
29
Location
santa barbara, ca
Vehicles
Raptor
Is anyone seriously interested in purchasing an early spot? I have a Dec 4ht, 2018 pre-order and most likely won't purchase, as it's been way too long for me to wait and made other plans since. I got a message stating I will be April - May 2022.
I know there are serious buyers here, I've spoken with a couple. Just a question of what your asking price is. $20k is not a serious seller, IMO.
 

SeaGeo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brice
Joined
Jan 12, 2021
Messages
2,081
Reaction score
3,673
Location
Seattle
First Name
Brice
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It appears I may finally be getting a Rivian, before my other reservations. I am an early reservationist for both the Ford F-150 Lightning (within the first hour) and Cadillac Lyriq (10-15 minutes) Launch debut editions. More than likely, I'll be getting my deposits back on both.

However, If anyone is interested in either, I am open for discussion. It all has to be legal and ethical. Instead of me requesting my deposit back, it's an opportunity for someone to have early access to an electric vehicle. I didn't make these reservations to profit, but as a backup plan if I couldn't get the Rivian first. That said, it won't be free, but it will be more than reasonable. You can private message (conversation) here if interested.
Same for me with a lightning. I don't see converting and keeping my very early reservation, though I may flip it if demand seems high enough. If someone with a LE R1T (or R1S) is fed up and wants an early lightning reservation lmk and I'll see what we can do.
 
OP
OP
toade

toade

Active Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2021
Messages
27
Reaction score
29
Location
santa barbara, ca
Vehicles
Raptor
Same for me with a lightning. I don't see converting and keeping my very early reservation, though I may flip it if demand seems high enough. If someone with a LE R1T is fed up and wants an early lightning reservation lmk and I'll see what we can do.
FYI, an LE R1S will also work, as you can change an LE R1S into an LE R1T.
 

trickflow

Well-Known Member
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Mar 26, 2019
Messages
120
Reaction score
133
Location
SoCal
First Name
Andrew
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
I know there are serious buyers here, I've spoken with a couple. Just a question of what your asking price is. $20k is not a serious seller, IMO.
Agreed, that sound way to excessive. I just wouldn't even know what this would be worth. I know I have $1k tied up since December of 2018.

Also, I remember being told that I can switch between R1T and R1S still keeping the launch edition.
 
OP
OP
toade

toade

Active Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2021
Messages
27
Reaction score
29
Location
santa barbara, ca
Vehicles
Raptor
Agreed, that sound way to excessive. I just wouldn't even know what this would be worth. I know I have $1k tied up since December of 2018.

Also, I remember being told that I can switch between R1T and R1S still keeping the launch edition.
It's worth what someone will pay for it. At the moment I haven't seen an offer over $5k... And there seem to be more and more people willing to sell theirs.

You are a 12/18 reservation in SoCal and you didn't get march-april? Are you currently signed up for an R1T or R1S?
 
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Top