Looking to purchase your Launch Edition

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Lot of people asking for $5k (which is really only $3.2k with the tire upgrade), but nobody selling below $30k
Sure there are. Many people looking to sell outside this forum. I know I said I was going to wait, but I made a deal for one today. Agreed to terms and will get it sorted tomorrow.. If I don’t use it and still wait for my max pack, my brother will use the reservation.

I think a lot of opportunists put down the $1K deposit early thinking they would have less competition and more demand when they go to sell vs. $100 deposit/reservations for other new EVs. It’s not working out that way for them.

$30K is not just dreaming, that’s ridiculous.

I’ll update after it’s done.
Sponsored

dsps70

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model sP90D/ ram 1500/lexus 350RH
Occupation
medicine
Sure there are. Many people looking to sell outside this forum. I know I said I was going to wait, but I made a deal for one today. Agreed to terms and will get it sorted tomorrow.. If I don’t use it and still wait for my max pack, my brother will use the reservation.

I think a lot of opportunists put down the $1K deposit early thinking they would have less competition and more demand when they go to sell vs. $100 deposit/reservations for other new EVs. It’s not working out that way for them.

$30K is not just dreaming, that’s ridiculous.

I’ll update after it’s done.
So ridiculous, folks thinking they can make 30K off a reservation. Frankly I wouldn’t pay 5K either.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

This is lame. Please people, don't pay for someone else's place in line. They obviously don't want the vehicle (or unwilling to wait) and now are trying to profit off it.... pure greed.

For those trying to sell, just cancel your reservation.

OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
This is lame. Please people, don't pay for someone else's place in line. They obviously don't want the vehicle (or unwilling to wait) and now are trying to profit off it.... pure greed.

If two parties can come to a fair value that they both agree upon, seems like a win-win.

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra

My take on greed is when you take advantage of someone's misfortunes, or misrepresent your intent, in order to make a profit. If a person is upfront about his intent and not trying to deceive, then the transaction should be allowed. The prospective buyer should be able to make their own choice.

I personally feel it's better to provide someone with an opportunity to purchase a Rivian sooner, rather than them go to another manufacturer, such as Tesla. Getting your deposit back doesn't help Rivian. The prospective buyer can determine what they're willing to pay, if anything at all.

I'm not sure about Federal Tax incentives, as to whether it will be applied towards your IRS taxes, be a rebate, or how many vehicles can get the incentive during a calendar year. This will probably affect transfers/sales.

That said, it's up to what Rivian allows. I'm not selling my Rivian, but I do have two other Launch Edition vehicles, Ford and Cadillac, that I want to sell their place in line. Deposits on them were for a backup if Rivian didn't come through. I can either get my deposits back, or give someone an opportunity to possibly get an electric vehicle sooner.

The prospective buyer could also have the intent of purchasing the vehicle and reselling it for a profit. I will make no profit whatsoever, if friends or family want this opportunity, but everyone else would need to pay a reasonable fee.

I don't expect to sell the reservations, but they are available if anyone is interested, as long as everything is legal and ok'd by the manufacturer.

Last edited:

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

My take on greed is when you take advantage of someone's misfortunes, or misrepresent your intent, in order to make a profit. If a person is upfront about his intent and not trying to deceive, then the transaction should be allowed. The prospective buyer should be able to make their own choice.

I personally feel it's better to provide someone with an opportunity to purchase a Rivian sooner, rather than them go to another manufacturer, such as Tesla. Getting your deposit back doesn't help Rivian. The prospective buyer can determine what they're willing to pay, if anything at all.

I'm not sure about Federal Tax incentives, as to whether it will be applied towards your IRS taxes, be a rebate, or how many vehicles can get the incentive during a calendar year. This will probably affect transfers/sales.

That said, it's up to what Rivian allows. I'm not selling my Rivian, but I do have two other Launch Edition vehicles, that I want to sell their place in line. Deposits on them were for a backup if Rivian didn't come through. I can either get my deposits back, or give someone an opportunity to possibly get an electric vehicle sooner.

The prospective buyer could also have the intent of purchasing the vehicle and reselling it for a profit. I will make no profit whatsoever, if friends or family want this opportunity, but everyone else would need to pay a reasonable fee.

I don't expect to sell the reservations, but they are available if anyone is interested, as long as everything is legal and ok'd by the manufacturer.
Gosh I would love the launch edition. Honestly saw the color initially and didn't like what I saw on the internet. The LE color looks way better in real pics than it did now. I just moved back to the country and definitely need a new vehicle only reserved back in August.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Gosh I would love the launch edition. Honestly saw the color initially and didn't like what I saw on the internet. The LE color looks way better in real pics than it did now. I just moved back to the country and definitely need a new vehicle only reserved back in August.
Sorry. I probably misled you in my post above and have since edited. My other Launch Editions I was referring to, were the Ford Lightning and Cadillac Lyriq. I'm keeping my Rivian.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
I’m looking to buy an LE reservation. I also have very early Lightning and Cybertruck reservations I can trade if anyone is thinking about switching vehicles.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
And mine is a done deal. I now have an LE R1T in my name with a March delivery estimate.

For those of you looking, I just want to say I didn’t really have any luck here on these forums, not that I tried very hard. Those here are the core enthusiasts and may have more personal connections with their reservations or other reasoning that would keep them from parting with it. Not saying you won’t find a deal here. I said I was going to wait for my email to see when my max pack order would arrive before making a decision. But then stumbled across someone in a Tesla forum who was going to let his R1T reservation go and I hit him up. He’s happy, I’m happy.

The change was simple. Just edit everything in the user info screen. Name and the initials in the little circle for your personal info page don’t update until you log out and log back in.

Multiple people throwing out $5K offers here and it doesn’t seem like things are moving on these forums. Reservations are changing hands for less than that elsewhere. Not to say $5K isn’t a reasonable ask, that’s probably what I’d ask if I were selling one due in the first half of ‘22. I’d probably ask more if it were one of the few unicorn January-February estimated.

FWIW, I paid less than $5K. …And spent most of the day so far with the wife mad at me. I never discussed any of it, she learned of it all after seeing the venmo transaction.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
And mine is a done deal. I now have an LE R1T in my name with a March delivery estimate.

For those of you looking, I just want to say I didn’t really have any luck here on these forums, not that I tried very hard. Those here are the core enthusiasts and may have more personal connections with their reservations or other reasoning that would keep them from parting with it. Not saying you won’t find a deal here. I said I was going to wait for my email to see when my max pack order would arrive before making a decision. But then stumbled across someone in a Tesla forum who was going to let his R1T reservation go and I hit him up. He’s happy, I’m happy.

The change was simple. Just edit everything in the user info screen. Name and the initials in the little circle for your personal info page don’t update until you log out and log back in.

Multiple people throwing out $5K offers here and it doesn’t seem like things are moving on these forums. Reservations are changing hands for less than that elsewhere. Not to say $5K isn’t a reasonable ask, that’s probably what I’d ask if I were selling one due in the first half of ‘22. I’d probably ask more if it were one of the few unicorn January-February estimated.

FWIW, I paid less than $5K. …And spent most of the day so far with the wife mad at me. I never discussed any of it, she learned of it all after seeing the venmo transaction.
Smart idea. Minus not telling the wife. That was not a smart idea.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If two parties can come to a fair value that they both agree upon, seems like a win-win.
IMHO, Karma would be Rivian canceling the reservation.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Has Rivian ever said whether the Reservations can be transferred?
Rivian Customer Support told me it was ok. Got to attend first mile drive event after transferring a LE reservation to me.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Has Rivian ever said whether the Reservations can be transferred?
The preorder agreement says they cannot be transferred without Rivian’s permission
Sponsored