Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Strangely, I never had to confirm ACH deposits on my loan
There was some kind of option about a credit card, instead of the ACH deposits, but the only way to do that was calling and talking to someone. Had I only known, I would have gone that route. I have never seen so much confusion and lack of follow up at any financial institution, before. I get that they are swamped, but not reading/responding in the conversation log is counterproductive - telephone interactions take longer and are more frustrating.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
No, not if you've provided a copy of the check and tracking. Doesn't matter when it arrives.
My guide told me NY has some rules dealing with out of state auto transactions requiring the check to be in hand prior to delivery so she suggested I switch to Tuesday delivery to be safe.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Starting to wish I'd have gotten pre-approval a month ago as rates have kept going up. Anyone in here wind up using Navy Federal or USAA? How was the process with Rivian?

I tried to do an app through Navy Fed and Rivian wasn't in their manufacturer list and it rejected my VIN for some reason. USAA's directions don't seem like their payment methods work with Rivian? Would love input from anyone who's actually used either of them successfully.

Rivian is currently at 6.65% for 60 months, USAA at 5.39%, and Navy Fed at 4.74%.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Was able to lock a 4.8% at BofA for 60 months, they had a promotion for an extra .15 off or something, plus platinum tier customers receive an additional 0.5% off. Not amazing, but much better than the Rivian/Chase rate offered of 6.6%. Days of 2.5% are in the rearview mirror.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Was able to lock a 4.8% at BofA for 60 months, they had a promotion for an extra .15 off or something, plus platinum tier customers receive an additional 0.5% off. Not amazing, but much better than the Rivian/Chase rate offered of 6.6%. Days of 2.5% are in the rearview mirror.
Oof...I'm seeing their lowest at 5.79% now.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Starting to wish I'd have gotten pre-approval a month ago as rates have kept going up. Anyone in here wind up using Navy Federal or USAA? How was the process with Rivian?

I tried to do an app through Navy Fed and Rivian wasn't in their manufacturer list and it rejected my VIN for some reason. USAA's directions don't seem like their payment methods work with Rivian? Would love input from anyone who's actually used either of them successfully.

Rivian is currently at 6.65% for 60 months, USAA at 5.39%, and Navy Fed at 4.74%.
I used NFCU for our R1S getting delivered next week. I did the online pre-approval because I didn't know how much loan I would need because we were still waiting to sell our existing car at the time. I picked a ballpark figure based on a carvana estimate. Locked in 4.74% and it's good for 90 days. They send me all the paperwork and the check good up to the amount that I asked. I did call him because it sets an initial payment date of 30 days later but they said that it's 30 days after you execute the check. So for instance I applied our March 11th the first payment due was April 11th but because I just sent the check in to rivian today our first payment won't be due until May 11th.

It went fine and the guide said they were familiar with Navy federals approach where they have to call and give a code to activate the check. Navy Federal said they would do automated clearing house but it seemed messy so I took the paper check. That said it cost me a pretty good amount to UPS the check to California from Virginia tonight so it will be there in time for our delivery next week.

We don't really keep any money with NFCU. We just use them for various loans mostly because their rates are so good and I can't recommend them enough. They also always seem to be willing to work with you on special situations. I think it's because they're used to it since they cater to military and government personnel worldwide

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I used NFCU for our R1S getting delivered next week. I did the online pre-approval because I didn't know how much loan I would need because we were still waiting to sell our existing car at the time. I picked a ballpark figure based on a carvana estimate. Locked in 4.74% and it's good for 90 days. They send me all the paperwork and the check good up to the amount that I asked. I did call him because it sets an initial payment date of 30 days later but they said that it's 30 days after you execute the check. So for instance I applied our March 11th the first payment due was April 11th but because I just sent the check in to rivian today our first payment won't be due until May 11th.

It went fine and the guide said they were familiar with Navy federals approach where they have to call and give a code to activate the check. Navy Federal said they would do automated clearing house but it seemed messy so I took the paper check. That said it cost me a pretty good amount to UPS the check to California from Virginia tonight so it will be there in time for our delivery next week.

We don't really keep any money with NFCU. We just use them for various loans mostly because their rates are so good and I can't recommend them enough. They also always seem to be willing to work with you on special situations. I think it's because they're used to it since they cater to military and government personnel worldwide
Thanks, that was exactly the info I was looking for. I also only really use them for loans, but haven't done one with them since probably 2012 and it was with a traditional dealer.

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Tesla Model Y Performance

Sponsored

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

I'm seeing 4.54% at Navy Federal, seems to be the lowest these days.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000

I used NFCU for our loan and most of our banking for the past 30+ yrs. They are wonderful to work with.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Did you not put in a Make/Model? I'm not seeing Rivian listed.
When I applied for loans (where Rivian wasn't an option), I chose "Tesla Model S," and then wrote in "Rivian R1T" on the form, later.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
When I applied for loans (where Rivian wasn't an option), I chose "Tesla Model S," and then wrote in "Rivian R1T" on the form, later.
Same. Going through the process with Adelfi currently and they have been very responsive. Approved earlier this week for 60 mos. @ 4.55%
Sponsored