Loan rates?

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Has anyone refinanced yet? I barfed when I signed up with rivian for 6.5 over 60 months, paid 40k and still owe 1k a month lol.
Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Saw that 6.5% at Rivian earlier this week. 🤮 5.5% at USAA. My credit union was at 5.05%, but they didn't even know what a Rivian was and had no way of selecting it in their system; I wasn't going to fight that fight with them. 😆

Last edited:

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I thankfully managed to get 2.99% for 60 months at Tower FCU right before they increased the rates.

How about trying for a personal line of credit at First Republic at 3.95%? I believe you need to keep 20% of the credit line in your checking account there, and direct deposit set up. You can also opt to pay just the interest on the loan during the first 2 years, and then the balance gets locked for an additional 5 years. It gives you a lot of flexibility at a pretty good rate.

Last edited:

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I thankfully managed to get 2.99% for 60 months at Tower FCU right before they increased the rates.

How about trying for a personal line of credit at First Republic at 3.95%? I believe you need to keep 20% of the credit line in your checking account there, and direct deposit set up. You can also opt to pay just the interest on the loan during the first 2 years, and then the balance gets locked for an additional 5 years. It gives you a lot of flexibility at a pretty good rate.
First Republic Bank has been in the news recently, and not in a good way.

Looks like rates are 6.95%-8.45% (before any adjustment since the Federal Reserve raised rates 0.25% today). https://www.firstrepublic.com/personal-line-of-credit

Reactions: Guy

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
I got 4% from Parsons FCU last week. Here is how it went. Sharing so it might help those that are considering Parsons.
  • Fri 3/10 - I got purchase process start email. I wasn't expecting it so soon as my delivery window was May-June, so I wasn't prepared and had to start everything from scratch.
  • Sat 3/11 - Submitted Parsons membership application
  • Mon 3/13 - Submitted loan application after membership is active. Maybe I didn't need to wait for membership to be active.
  • Thu 3/16 - Finance check mailed to Rivian
  • Sat 3/18 - Picked up R1S
It would have been faster if I spent time to understood the Rivian and Bank processes better. I was also busy with work and couldn't focus on deciding Trade-in, insurance and financing.

My experience with Parsons was very good.

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I got 4% from Parsons FCU last week. Here is how it went. Sharing so it might help those that are considering Parsons.
  • Fri 3/10 - I got purchase process start email. I wasn't expecting it so soon as my delivery window was May-June, so I wasn't prepared and had to start everything from scratch.
  • Mon 3/13 - Submitted loan application after membership is active. Maybe I didn't need to wait for membership to be active.
It would have been faster if I spent time to understood the Rivian and Bank processes better. I was also busy with work and couldn't focus on deciding Trade-in, insurance and financing.

Would be helpful to post your loan term as well. Based on the rates currently published on their site, looks like 4% is for 48 months and 60 months would be 4.75%. I'm still going through the process with Adelfi but was able to get approved for 4.55% for 60 months earlier this week. They have not been very fast to respond though 🤷‍♂️

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Tesla Model Y Performance

I dont even see rivian listed in their makes... how did you get passed that part?

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
I dont even see rivian listed in their makes... how did you get passed that part?
I also used Parsons for my loan and they just asked for the VIN (I guess I should say that I had my VIN at that point).

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
I don't recall exactly but I think I picked "Other" choice.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Anybody seeing anything remotely good lately? Best I have seen is USSFCU.

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If their published rates are accurate, take it and run! I took delivery a few weeks ago and the lowest I could find, after a lot of searching online and locally, was 4.55% (60 months) with Adelfi. That was good enough for me to find God again ;) . USSFCU shows 3.74% for the same term...my savings account earns more than that currently.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That is lower than anything else I’m seeing by a decent amount.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Any membership requirements like you have to be citizen?

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
4.24 60 months and 4.74 72 months with my credit union. Requires direct deposit to get then extra .25 percent
Sponsored