Just purchased RIVN stock today.

fedarga

First Name
Dawit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
I just purchased RIVN stock today. I had been waiting for it to be in public trading but missed the only day that I was away from my computer. I am hoping that it will dip from 122.99 from yesterdays closing price. It bits to buy after $68 starting price versus current price of $122.99 which I could have made an easy $55 per share by today. Best of luck to all who are planning to buy it. The first day stock purchase super pass Tesla's per new report at Bloomberg.
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

ipo price was $78

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
My company doesn't allow employees to participate in IPOs, so I was shut out. Having a hard time deciding if I should buy now or see if it settles down a bit. I'll probably buy about half of what I planned now and see what happens.?‍♂

Jmiller929

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES Mercedes SUV
I just feel that it is way over priced and will come down substantially. We must remember that very few vehicles have been produced and because communication has been lacking, who know when our orders will be filled. Love the company, but it will be a while before it reaches that valuation.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

IMO if they actually start delivering vehicles to real customers in the next month the hype train will keep going and good things will happen. If not the wait and bad news will start bringing it down.

Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I just feel that it is way over priced and will come down substantially. We must remember that very few vehicles have been produced and because communication has been lacking, who know when our orders will be filled. Love the company, but it will be a while before it reaches that valuation.
Stocks are rarely based upon current value though. All about market perception.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
My company doesn't allow employees to participate in IPOs, so I was shut out.
Do you work in an industry where such rules are reasonable? Conflict of interest or something? Otherwise I don't see why a company would have any right to dictate what their employees do with their money. Or even have a right to know what their employees do with their money.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Do you work in an industry where such rules are reasonable? Conflict of interest or something? Otherwise I don't see why a company would have any right to dictate what their employees do with their money. Or even have a right to know what their employees do with their money.
ya that seems odd if Pelosi can play with stocks...

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Undoubtedly perceived conflict/insider trading. My son works at a huge law firm that works for nearly every large corporation at some level. He is barred from trading in equities; funds are it for him. And he never talks shop around me.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Undoubtedly perceived conflict/insider trading. My son works at a huge law firm that works for nearly every large corporation at some level. He is barred from trading in equities; funds are it for him. And he never talks shop around me.
This ^^

It took me 13 days to clear my DSP participation with my employer. It was somewhat of a miracle we weren’t on the deal/didn’t have inside info. I normally don’t trade stocks because my job makes it so difficult. I’m also cognizant that it might take me 13+ days to clear the sale of the stock. I probably just have to hold it for the long term because I can’t easily time the market

Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I missed out on the pre-IPO purchase, so I’ll wait until it drops below $60 a share to buy. Definitely overvalued right now.

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
Yes...a financial services firm. I don't know if other financial services firms have similar restrictions, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Yeah - I work for a financial services firm and there are concerns about conflicts of interest. I need the paycheck to pay for my Rivian Blue R1T so I'll abide by the rules!? Too bad though. Gains on the stock could have paid for the Camp Kitchen.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Yes...a financial services firm. I don't know if other financial services firms have similar restrictions, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah - I work for a financial services firm and there are concerns about conflicts of interest. I need the paycheck to pay for my Rivian Blue R1T so I'll abide by the rules!? Too bad though. Gains on the stock could have paid for the Camp Kitchen.
Currently trading at almost 2 camp kitchens... ?

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

FINRA, one of the regulatory organizations for the securities industries, has a rule (5130) which prohibits ANY employee of a member or any other broker-dealer from participating in an IPO. Kind of sucks but probably makes sense.

Jmiller929

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES Mercedes SUV
Stocks are rarely based upon current value though. All about market perception.
Agree 100%, but in my opinion, it is way over the top. I would jump in at the $60 range
Sponsored