Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model X
Occupation
Banking
What's the sentiment here?
Do you think given this (and this being a really very nice letter and clear apology, admittance and reversal), the stock will rebound?
Already seeing the sell orders from last night completing but a lot more buy orders balancing that and pushing it up.
Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I would expect - in the long run - it will increase the value of the brand. Yesterday's 13% decline...I would expect that to rebound though it's been funny to watch this morning...it actually went up prior to the letter, then it went down (currently around a point).

OP
OP
Keith_Been_Waiting

Keith_Been_Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model X
Occupation
Banking

Sponsored

garthkoyle

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14' Honda Odyssey, 2020 Lincoln Navigator L Reserve
No rebound yet, EV prices are increasing and that'll hurt.

OP
OP
Keith_Been_Waiting

Keith_Been_Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model X
Occupation
Banking
No rebound yet, EV prices are increasing and that'll hurt.
Don't wait for it to rebound, the sentiment is changing. Check Twitter, LinkedIn.
Ride the emotional wave ;)

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
It's going to be a continued roller coaster for RIVN given risk-off sentiment impacting growth equity sector, Ukraine, Fed tightening, and RIVN missteps.

While RIVN C-Suite and Board likely are a bit relieved this morning, their preparation for next week's earning's call is no less stressful. I'll kindly repeat here that they need a few C-Suite recruits for next stage of this company.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

It's still dropping at this point.. I put in a limit buy of 300 shares at $50.. I'm really hoping it hits.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’m almost wondering if we hear something on the van side March 10th…Something positive that is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Keith_Been_Waiting

Keith_Been_Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model X
Occupation
Banking
It's still dropping at this point.. I put in a limit buy of 300 shares at $50.. I'm really hoping it hits.
Timing the market and price points are usually a bit tough, but yes you could hit that.
I'd suggest look at the candles and then look at the trend. Positive pressure seems to be rising against that push down.

But seems like its almost to your 50

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
RIVN jumped up after the letter, but then started dropping. However, F and GM are also trending down right now.

It was and is a long hold for me, even after this pricing debacle. Three years from now, this will be an insignificant blip on the radar.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
You know, it's interesting. If Rivian thought they had to make such a large price increase to be profitable, and now isn't making that increase, do you feel better or worse today as a stock holder?

They've now committed to making all pre-orders at a price they decided isn't enough.

I didn't fully agree with the sentiment that the price increase was good for stock holders, but I also don't think this was good.

They really missed out on applying a more moderate or staggered increase to preorder holders, increasing profitability while limiting brand damage. Doing 2021 pre-orders at the configuration price is really rough.

Last edited:

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I still can't believe people sold their stock at a loss so quickly. I understand the frustration and the cancellation of pre-orders (and thank those who did because it made a difference) but the stock is a long term play and it should bounce back.
Sponsored