First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, BMW E39, and many more...
Occupation
CTO
Was June/July the window stated in the email sent out late last year or were you originally scheduled for a different window and this is an update?
I actually don't recall ever seeing or getting a delivery ETA previously.
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
So this must have to do with either bright wheels or forest edge interiors because I live in Portland (Tigard really) and ordered 3 months before you. But, I am LE LG Normal AT 20s and BM.

Congrats on your truck, but gosh darn it I wish I was getting mine :)
Yeah I’ve seen some early deliveries just because of wheel choice. If you have the right spec with Bright 20s and nobody in your area has that, or someone bailed - you can win the Rivian lottery.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Got Guide assignment yesterday and signed PBA today. "Selected for production" is the phrasing I think I remember hearing, but there's no actual truck yet, so I don't have a timeline for delivery. The Ocean Coast delay surely allowed my order to be bumped up from its original June-July estimate, but I was surprised it was this much earlier (speculating on a few weeks from now delivery).
Oh, frickin' hell… I had LG/FE/Bright-20s as my selection until *MAY 3RD*. I'm also a November '20 preorder, in Portland! *THAT COULD HAVE BEEN MY TRUCK!* But I switched to FG/FE/Bright-20s on May 3. Ironically, hoping the change would bump me sooner.

Last edited:

JoBo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 C8, 2018 Raptor
So jealous (and frustrated) of the folks in this thread with guide contacts. I'm a December 2019 R1S pre-order. I'm a plain jane Launch Edition, Launch Green, Black Mountain, 20s. I've literally _never_ changed my configuration and don't intend to. I got a June/July window yet Rivian has never contacted me. Ever. No First Drive. No First Mile. No Guide. Nothing.
Same thing her brother. 2019 El cap No contact, no nothing

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

No contact here either...Jan 2020 R1S LE Pre order...no contact. No First Mile even though we had a First Mile in Richmond (but I wasn't invited :( ) Time will tell I guess.

Sponsored

sbf

First Name
sonia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
launch edition green inside black mountain
20" All Terrain Wheels
Crossbars, Compact Spare, All Weather Floor Mats, Wall Charger, Field Kit,tent
pre order 09/2019
Denver(boulder)

barsaec

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV, Range Rover Classic
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

No contact here either...Jan 2020 R1S LE Pre order...no contact. No First Mile even though we had a First Mile in Richmond (but I wasn't invited :( ) Time will tell I guess.
Same here. No first mile event. However I did get a ride in a Ford Lightning a few weeks back.

Choqni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rogue hybrid
I just checked in with CS to see if there's any update on timing for the June/July delivery window. I mentioned news of delays.

They say "...for June/July, they'll actually reach out sometime during the window itself.... so in a week from now you can expect that communication anytime during the actual window.... [w]e're on track. If there's anything related to your delivery, we'll notify you as soon as possible."

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I just checked in with CS to see if there's any update on timing for the June/July delivery window. I mentioned news of delays.

They say "...for June/July, they'll actually reach out sometime during the window itself.... so in a week from now you can expect that communication anytime during the actual window.... [w]e're on track. If there's anything related to your delivery, we'll notify you as soon as possible."
that is pretty much what I was told today too. frustrating and sad :(

MTBinBend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE El Cap, Black Mountain 20" AT Nov 2020
Had my Guide contact May 18th, confirmed order May 19th, and completed the purchase process May 24. Just waiting now on a delivery date.

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Had my Guide contact May 18th, confirmed order May 19th, and completed the purchase process May 24. Just waiting now on a delivery date.
I have the same config, but in the July-Sept timeframe but no guide yet. Hoping they will deliver my truck when they deliver yours

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

While I was at work on Monday, I got a call from a 1-888 phone number. I didn't answer it because I don't answer calls on my personal phone unless I know who's calling. They called back again a few minutes later, so I figured it wasn't spam after all, so I answered. It was Rivian offering me a 3rd chance at a 1st mile drive!

I was unable to make an appointment because I was in Europe on they days that were available. A few weeks later they added more dates and I got to schedule my drive. Then a couple of weeks went by and I got an email saying that my drive has successfully been cancelled. WTF?!? I didn't cancel it!

Turns out that the state of Oregon had a problem with the Rivian 1st mile drive thing. They are "working on it".

Back to the phone call. I was offered a choice of 2 dates, IF I was willing to drive across the river to Washington. Of course I said yes. I was willing to drive to Seattle for a drive. Vancouver is only about 45 miles from my house and my drive is on Saturday, June 4. I'm going to take my wife and make her drive the truck too. The drive doesn't show up in my account. I hope I'm not being scammed.

Still no guide contact, even after I change my interior to the less desirable BM.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I just got a guide. #grateful.
Congrats. Meanwhile, R1S pre-order with a June/July window over here looking out the window longingly.

MTBinBend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE El Cap, Black Mountain 20" AT Nov 2020
So received my LE El Cap R1T today! Overall the fit and finish was good although both driver side and passenger side doors need some adjustments. Took it out for an initial drive and played with the various drive modes. All in all, a good day 1 experience.

Had a November 2020 pre-order and was on the June/July delivery email. From guide content (around 5/18) to delivery on 6/8.
Sponsored