January/Feb delivery windows

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Agreed. I'm surprised they aren't bringing swatches on mobile drives or sending them to customers on request.
I've brought this up in other threads a while back, but this is a missed opportunity for their gear shop. They should sell water bottles painted with actual truck colors.

Service centers are supposed to get a mini-showroom kit that has interior and exterior color and material samples. That's handy for those who are near a service center, but I don't think that's happened yet. Our service center here (Denver) is open now, but I don't think they have anything like that. Going inside is like an appointment only thing.
Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I know the chance of this is next to nothing but if anyone get a winter delivery with road tires and get to drive it on snow, I LOVE to hear from you what it is like. I have road tire on my setup and the only thing that scares the crap out of me is slamming on the break going down hill with that much weight on those tires in snow. On ice, I will probably be crewed regardless but I am really curious if it can stop in snow.

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've brought this up in other threads a while back, but this is a missed opportunity for their gear shop. They should sell water bottles painted with actual truck colors.

Service centers are supposed to get a mini-showroom kit that has interior and exterior color and material samples. That's handy for those who are near a service center, but I don't think that's happened yet. Our service center here (Denver) is open now, but I don't think they have anything like that. Going inside is like an appointment only thing.
The bottle is a great idea.

I heard the same thing. As of December Seattle/Bellevue didn't have those kits.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I always thought a great idea and good PR would be to include a bottle in the appropriate color sitting in the cup holder for each R1T delivered.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think yes as well, but a good question for CS.
I have asked that exact question to CS and was told that you can’t exchange, only reorder. That order would be treated as a new order and added to the back of the line.

My question was specifically to LE and if the color delivered was not acceptable. Unfortunately, a return means you lose out on LE!

Sponsored

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I have asked that exact question to CS and was told that you can’t exchange, only reorder. That order would be treated as a new order and added to the back of the line.

My question was specifically to LE and if the color delivered was not acceptable. Unfortunately, a return means you lose out on LE!
That's about what I'd expect. Having seen several colors in person, my order of preference definitely changed.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Wheels are easy to change. So 27 assembly options. 3 color choices are unpopular (yellow, red, black). So confirm for those 3 choices, rest are go aheads for builds.
Even without the 6 wheel options there are by my calculation 120 assembly options. There are 10 colors including LG, 3 interior colors, R1T or R1S, Off Road package or not all within the Launch Edition options. I would think it would be wise to confirm some of the larger options as well, notably camp kitchen, tent, wall charger. It just seems a lot easier logistically to confirm final build before... well building it. All things being equal build confirmation has to happen at some point why not have that point be prior to building?
I understand I am not likely to get a test drive before I confirm my build I would like to be able to at least view an example of the interiors without traveling to SOCAL (I'm in upstate NY). Rivians actions are telling me they have plenty of preorders and don't care about my plight.

Reactions: Guy

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The accessories can be added right before the vehicle is put on a transport trailer. Basically the day before a team preps the vehicles for transport.

At this point in time, there is enough of a backlog that Rivian could produce whatever config it wanted and there would be multiple orders waiting for it.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Even without the 6 wheel options there are by my calculation 120 assembly options. There are 10 colors including LG, 3 interior colors, R1T or R1S, Off Road package or not all within the Launch Edition options. I would think it would be wise to confirm some of the larger options as well, notably camp kitchen, tent, wall charger. It just seems a lot easier logistically to confirm final build before... well building it. All things being equal build confirmation has to happen at some point why not have that point be prior to building?
I understand I am not likely to get a test drive before I confirm my build I would like to be able to at least view an example of the interiors without traveling to SOCAL (I'm in upstate NY). Rivians actions are telling me they have plenty of preorders and don't care about my plight.
Random aside Trandall, I think there are EVolve NY high speed chargers somewhat near you now. They pretty much blanket the state except for mid Catskills and mid ADKs

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Random aside Trandall, I think there are EVolve NY high speed chargers somewhat near you now. They pretty much blanket the state except for mid Catskills and mid ADKs
Thanks @DB-EV . DCFC are still a bit thin in my area but EVolve NY does have plans for Watkins Glen and Bath NY that will be helpfull.
My earlier point was I would love to see some east coast events like the one held in Sanoma or a showroom space like the Venice hub.

Rivian R1T R1S January/Feb delivery windows Screenshot_20220118-162153_Chrome

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The accessories can be added right before the vehicle is put on a transport trailer. Basically the day before a team preps the vehicles for transport.

At this point in time, there is enough of a backlog that Rivian could produce whatever config it wanted and there would be multiple orders waiting for it.
I don’t believe that is true given the many states and locales to deliver to.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I don’t believe that is true given the many states and locales to deliver to.
You don’t think in 50k+ preorders they don’t have every possible permutation?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

You don’t think in 50k+ preorders they don’t have every possible permutation?
It is not 50k, it is the number per delivery window. The 50k takes you to 2023. Someone who has ordered and been given a May 2022 window in Seattle is a small number of people given the number of configurations.

Why the resistance to having Rivian, like many other companies, contact people ahead of time to confirm their configuration is right.

Also I still don’t see why Rivian can to go to major cities they have not been to before and show colors (interior and exterior). Don’t need a test drive, just show the colors.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It is not 50k, it is the number per delivery window. The 50k takes you to 2023. Someone who has ordered and been given a May 2022 window in Seattle is a small number of people given the number of configurations.

Why the resistance to having Rivian, like many other companies, contact people ahead of time to confirm their configuration is right.

Also I still don’t see why Rivian can to go to major cities they have not been to before and show colors (interior and exterior). Don’t need a test drive, just show the colors.
You’re combining/confusing different points that are not mutually exclusive.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm

Maybe its some weird Rivian marketing campaign where the more Rivian keeps the people who have given them a $1,000 loan for a couple of years in the dark about their soon to come purchase the more we will swoon and be awed by it when it finally does drive in what ever configuration Rivian chooses to gracelessly give us.
Sponsored