Sponsored

Issues for Service: Anyone Have Luck Fixing These?

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
@CarterGee when you say rental credits do you mean like Uber/ Lyft of a rental from enterprise/ Hurtz?
Sponsored

SEPA R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Since Thursday and hoping to have back by end of week.
I realize it's only Wednesday morning, but have you heard back from service on the source/cause of the squeak and rattle? I'm experiencing the same issue and waiting on service to call back to schedule an appointment to get it resolved (along with an alignment; pulls to the right).

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
I realize it's only Wednesday morning, but have you heard back from service on the source/cause of the squeak and rattle? I'm experiencing the same issue and waiting on service to call back to schedule an appointment to get it resolved (along with an alignment; pulls to the right).
They call me every day, but no details yet. Hoping they can give details today!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I started having alignment issues last weekend, and today it's much worse. I put in a ticket earlier, no response yet. This is what it takes at highway speeds.
Rivian R1T R1S Issues for Service: Anyone Have Luck Fixing These? PXL_20220512_003656328.MP

I have a mobile tech coming Friday to replace a wheel well that won't hold the plastic rivets, hopefully they can fix then, but my guess is it takes a lift and shop computer.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Alright, the latest from support is that I probably have a faulty sensor. I got this terrifying notification today and called back haha
I suspect the issue is with the timer/counter responsible to shoot out these messages the day after your warranty is up. somehow it must have gotten confused. You should be fine once they reset the counter ;)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
YAY! Someone else in my same boat. Please do report back! How long is your truck in the shop for?
My suspension squeaks but seems to be when I’m driving on a fresh/cold start, once the suspension and truck get going it seems to go away. I live in San Diego so weather is typically 65-75F since I took delivery.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I started having alignment issues last weekend, and today it's much worse. I put in a ticket earlier, no response yet. This is what it takes at highway speeds.
PXL_20220512_003656328.MP.jpg

I have a mobile tech coming Friday to replace a wheel well that won't hold the plastic rivets, hopefully they can fix then, but my guess is it takes a lift and shop computer.
I am interested on the outcome of your alignment issues. A mobile tech won’t be able to fix an alignment issue but hopeflly they can confirm the issue and/or diagnose whatever it is If it’s something more serious. I have had my truck aligned 3 times now and I still don’t think it’s right. Twice by Rivian Service and once by my friend who set’s up race cars.

Try putting the car in Neutral and seeing if the alignment is straight. I am starting to think it’s a motor issue and one motor is pushing/pulling more than the other one. Like you - I feel like my truck is getting worse or like the issue comes and goes. If I roll down a straight hill and put the truck in Neutral it seems to track straight.

I have been in touch with Rivian Service in San Diego and they want to have someone from HQ in Irvine come look at the truck along with my friend who’s an alignment expert. That’s a few weeks out though.

I just got back from a 10 day trip and had a brand new Buick Enclave rental with 1000 miles on it. It was a super nice car actually, but what I noticed most was how straight it tracked compared to my Rivian. We have 3 other cars and all of them track dead straight too when going down the road. The Rivian seems to want to go right all the time or takes much less effort to go right

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

I am interested on the outcome of your alignment issues. A mobile tech won’t be able to fix an alignment issue but hopeflly they can confirm the issue and/or diagnose whatever it is If it’s something more serious. I have had my truck aligned 3 times now and I still don’t think it’s right. Twice by Rivian Service and once by my friend who set’s up race cars.

Try putting the car in Neutral and seeing if the alignment is straight. I am starting to think it’s a motor issue and one motor is pushing/pulling more than the other one. Like you - I feel like my truck is getting worse or like the issue comes and goes. If I roll down a straight hill and put the truck in Neutral it seems to track straight.

I have been in touch with Rivian Service in San Diego and they want to have someone from HQ in Irvine come look at the truck along with my friend who’s an alignment expert. That’s a few weeks out though.

I just got back from a 10 day trip and had a brand new Buick Enclave rental with 1000 miles on it. It was a super nice car actually, but what I noticed most was how straight it tracked compared to my Rivian. We have 3 other cars and all of them track dead straight too when going down the road. The Rivian seems to want to go right all the time or takes much less effort to go right
Mine tracks perfectly straight, so that does suggest some sort of motor issue on left front motor. Can you feel it as you lean into the throttle? I suppose this is an issue unique to having separate motors for each side instead of a diff.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Try putting the car in Neutral and seeing if the alignment is straight.
If I roll down a straight hill and put the truck in Neutral it seems to track straight.
I tried these, it still pulls right the same amount, so hopefully it's a true alignment issue and not motors for me. Sorry yours isn't resolved!

This brings up a great again about services: will a regular tire/car shop be able to align a car like this? Or do we have to rely solely on Rivian?

pticknerco

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Chevy Duramax, Mazda CX5
I tried these, it still pulls right the same amount, so hopefully it's a true alignment issue and not motors for me. Sorry yours isn't resolved!

This brings up a great again about services: will a regular tire/car shop be able to align a car like this? Or do we have to rely solely on Rivian?
My truck is currently at the service center for an alignment (amongst other issues). They initially told me they were going to send a mobile tech and see if they could access a local shop, which indicated to me it didn't need to go to a service center for an alignment. When I started having other issues, they then decided to tow it to the service center.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The standard alignment can be done by anyone who knows what they are doing. There are typical eccentric bolts and adjustments on the suspension for toe, camber and caster. It’s pretty easy to align it actually. Assuming you have the specs from Rivian, The service team should be able to share this info.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mine tracks perfectly straight, so that does suggest some sort of motor issue on left front motor. Can you feel it as you lean into the throttle? I suppose this is an issue unique to having separate motors for each side instead of a diff.
For me It’s not super obvious. It feels like if you yank the wheel left for sec it seems to track straighter. I wonder if the steering angle is part of the algorithm to adjust the resistance on the left/right wheel. Just like on an AWD, there has to be a clutch to allow one wheel to spin faster or slower than the other as you turn. I’m guessing this is done in software on the R1T and based on the steering angle. So Perhaps it’s a steering rack issue or a motor issue. If it’s something like that then Rivian should be able to see the issue in the data from the truck.

For now mine is not terrible so I’m going to keep an eye on it for a few more weeks And go from there. What I’m feeling might just be how it these trucks feel and drive given it’s the first 4 motor electric Vehicle out there. Wouldn’t mind driving someone else’s to compare

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

If you can drive another that would definitely tell you, but in driving mine, I definitely have not felt anything remotely close to what you’ve described, so I’d guess something is wrong somewhere. You’re right that it must calculate the torque differences with steering angle because i never feel torque steer (although I’m sure it would happen under high throttle and limited grip situations).
Sponsored