Sponsored

I just read where RJ was critiquing people who purchase gasoline vehicles.

Craig Chapman

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Range Rover, Tahoe
Occupation
Retired
This is uncalled for and bad form for a CEO. Don’t get personal. Just focus on the ideas, principles and facts of the point you want to make. If you make the argument, the data will prove the point. Don’t attack people, demonstrate the superiority of your position. I think he should apologize.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

This is uncalled for and bad form for a CEO. Don’t get personal. Just focus on the ideas, principles and facts of the point you want to make. If you make the argument, the data will prove the point. Don’t attack people, demonstrate the superiority of your position. I think he should apologize.
Source?

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
He’s not criticizing them. He’s saying that they’re buying ICE cars that depreciate in value considerably.

https://heatmap.news/electric-vehicles/rivian-ceo-rj-scaringe-r2

Listen to the actual audio from the interview, not from some clickbait-y article

Last edited:

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Face palm…

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I just read where you read into things too much.
And no I won't apologize to you

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
He didn’t make anything “personal”. It was a comment on how fast public policy is shifting towards EVs and because of that ICE vehicles will be obsolete faster than people think. Whether he’s right or wrong about that, it’s less controversial than 90% of the public opinions of another popular EV maker’s CEO.

Here is the comment in question:

Then I think the reality of buying a combustion powered vehicle, in light of the policy that’s coming, is sort of like building a horse barn in 1910. Like, imagine buying a Chevy Suburban in 2030. Like, what are you going to do with that, right? In 10 years? Yeah, like gas stations will be slowly disappearing. It’s just weird.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Does anyone share my concern that after next election many anti-ICE policies will be reversed!
I’m aware of several pro-EV policies but haven’t heard of any anti-ICE ones, at least not at the federal level.

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

certainly, here in Cali there are. I hope they don't get rescinded, but am wary