Sponsored

I feel like the maps and traffic are getting better...

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

While parking R1S tonight in the garage I happen to zoom out and look at the map and noticed more than usual the different colors across it showing the traffic. I feel like some of the traffic Data is maybe getting better? I feel like overall the maps are coming together a little bit although I still wish I had my nice big virtual highway signs, alert icons, in traffic highlights from Google maps.

Rivian R1T R1S I feel like the maps and traffic are getting better... 1000013976

When I get into another one of our cars using Google maps I kind of miss the Rivian maps.

Am I going to be okay? :oops:
Sponsored

Last edited:

edman007

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CY R1S
Agree, I do my commute with Waze and periodically check Rivian nav against it.

Last week, we had some serious traffic, and it correctly picked the same/similar routes to avoid the traffic, and the estimated arrival times were very very close.

It's miles better than when I did the same back in November. But still missing accidents and police. A few weeks ago the Waze HAAS alert really helped me. Maybe Rivian can integrate HAAS...

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Agree, I do my commute with Waze and periodically check Rivian nav against it.

Last week, we had some serious traffic, and it correctly picked the same/similar routes to avoid the traffic, and the estimated arrival times were very very close.

It's miles better than when I did the same back in November. But still missing accidents and police. A few weeks ago the Waze HAAS alert really helped me. Maybe Rivian can integrate HAAS...
Waze integration would be awesome. I'd rather have that than streaming apps or SMS.

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Am I going to be okay? :oops:
I am more concerned about your ‘wall parking.’ Autocorrect seems more insistent that I’m wrong when using non-standard technical words.

1965Cobra427

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S, 2023 Ret R1T
Occupation
Retired engineer & software developer
I’m actually a little disappointed with one aspect of my 2023 R1T maps - the satellite view. On the Rivian it is so outdated, it includes a motor home that I sold in 2018. My Tesla on the other hand, includes changes in my neighborhood that took place in mid 2023. Not the end of the world, but just say’n.

Sponsored

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

I’m actually a little disappointed with one aspect of my 2023 R1T maps - the satellite view. On the Rivian it is so outdated, it includes a motor home that I sold in 2018. My Tesla on the other hand, includes changes in my neighborhood that took place in mid 2023. Not the end of the world, but just say’n.
Maybe the spirit of your motorhome is still haunting your property? Ever get that “You’re Home” feeling when you’re walking about? 👻🏚👻

DeanB1452

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T LE/LG/BM
Occupation
IT Administrator
Clubs

They're definitely updating the maps. For the past year, there has been a plane embedded on the map. Now it's finally gone.
Rivian R1T R1S I feel like the maps and traffic are getting better... FC346341-7445-405F-BDD4-D4BA3D2D67BC.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S I feel like the maps and traffic are getting better... IMG_7486

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The traffic data appears to be coming from Google now, at least based on my comparisons.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
They're definitely updating the maps. For the past year, there has been a plane embedded on the map. Now it's finally gone.
FC346341-7445-405F-BDD4-D4BA3D2D67BC.JPG
IMG_7486.jpg
Did you find the missing flight 370?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I can also confirm the maps have definitely been updated. Our facility was finished being built in 2021 and up until the last update it showed me parking in an empty lot every day. Now it shows our building there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I no longer bounce all around the map like I used to at a red light, which would result in getting refreshed directions every time I stopped.

One area that I see some problems on is on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, there highway will sometimes indicate short stretches of red, which I assume is supposed to be traffic. These stretches seem to align with the rest stops, where there are cars parked/stopped. Seems like however its getting its traffic data is having some trouble differentiating between real traffic and rest stops. Although it seems smart enough to think the "traffic" due to rest stops will not add any time to my trips.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I no longer bounce all around the map like I used to at a red light, which would result in getting refreshed directions every time I stopped.
I had that same problem. It was fixed in a software update, they even called it out in the release notes. Supposedly, a rare problem, but if you had it like we did it was every stoplight or slow moving traffic. Glad it's gone.

Just completed a 4-day trip to the FL Panhandle. For me the routing was fine but traffic is still just plain wrong compared to Apple Maps and Google. I couldn't even get the driver display and the main screen to agree on where there was a traffic jam.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
It still has the glitch where it will I'll be driving through Tacoma, WA on I5 and it will suddenly do a re-route despite the fact that I haven't left I5.

What really annoying is that it when it does this I'll suddenly lose a good 10 miles of range on the estimated range left. The range does eventually come back so its just some weird oddity.

I have reported the range loss glitch to their feedback. I don't really care if they look into it or not so I didn't treat it like I would a bug.

Apple maps does not reroute when going through that part of I5 in Tacoma.

Bkasten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 tundra, 98 lexus gs400
My house was built between 2020-2021 and it still show me in the woods.
Sponsored