Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I feel this - I'm in central Pennsylvania. Currently the only manufacturer approved for direct-to-customer sales in my state is Tesla, though there is a proposal to expand that. I'm guessing there won't be a big push for a Rivian hub in PA until the government is more friendly; they pulled all of the Philadelphia job listings. Hopefully in the next 2 years this changes.
I'm in SE PA. I sent proactive "get it done" emails to my local state reps and the chairs of the "Professional Licensure" committee that House Bill 1907 is floundering in right now. Responses? Zero Point Zero. I hoped for more, but getting exactly what I expected.

Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date? 1642639454659
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Yes, we did order the Explore Package. We actually prefer the Explore Package. We like the black outside rearview mirrors. We also think that the wood dashboard trim in kind of cheesey.

We may consider upgrading to the Adventure Package if we can get delivery in mid 2022.

SuEllyn and Brian
Ok that makes sense now. I thought you said large pack and adventure package. That would have been mid to late 2022. All max pax and explore package are in 2023.

OP
OP
BPL

BPL

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30 325i, E90 328i, XC90
What do you think will come quicker, customer deliveries of R1Ts and R1Ss or the year 2026?

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

What do you think will come quicker, customer deliveries of R1Ts and R1Ss or the year 2026?
Depends on the configuration, order date, and location. One additional likely, though as of yet unconfirmed, criteria is the degree of snark exhibited by the pre-order holder toward Rivian. So in my case, I'm slated to get my R1S in May-June of 2022. In your case, maybe 2026 gets here first. :)

OP
OP
BPL

BPL

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30 325i, E90 328i, XC90
Depends on the configuration, order date, and location. One additional likely, though as of yet unconfirmed, criteria is the degree of snark exhibited by the pre-order holder toward Rivian. So in my case, I'm slated to get my R1S in May-June of 2022. In your case, maybe 2026 gets here first. :)
Either that or I’m ending up with a lump of coal

Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Q1/2019 pre-order but no delivery window but CS told me sometime in 2022. Located in Toronto w/ton's of chargers and teslas around. Hoping the delivery window that I receive is earlier in 2022 and not later.
Launch Edition?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

whats comical is RJ driving around the Normal lot, posting vidoes on twitter of all the vehicles they've produced and not a peep to customers.
when there's no comms to customers, things like that can kinda backfire.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
whats comical is RJ driving around the Normal lot, posting vidoes on twitter of all the vehicles they've produced and not a peep to customers.
when there's no comms to customers, things like that can kinda backfire.
Cheeezus. He took the kids to the plant on a weekend so they could see the shiny, and posted a clip to tweeter. BFD

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Cheeezus. He took the kids to the plant on a weekend so they could see the shiny, and posted a clip to tweeter. BFD
calm down bruh

luriaj

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Datsun 269Z
In scrolling through this, nobody seems to have a "confirmed delivery date." I have a March -April window, but still no date. Spoke to CS about when I would get a guide contact and they said "when you get closer to delivery." I would think that 3 months from the end of April is "close." I also asked if I could get my Wall Charger in advance so that I am ready to go. The response was "you will get the charger well in advance." Soooo...I am to get my truck within 3 months, gonna hear from my guide when I get closer and I am going to be able to get my charger "well in advance," but still crickets. I am pretty sure the delivery window time frames are not going to be accurate. Stock price is going to get hammered. I was hoping for under-promise/over-deliver, but it looks like it is going to be over-promise/under-deliver.

sigh...

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
In scrolling through this, nobody seems to have a "confirmed delivery date." I have a March -April window, but still no date. Spoke to CS about when I would get a guide contact and they said "when you get closer to delivery." I would think that 3 months from the end of April is "close." I also asked if I could get my Wall Charger in advance so that I am ready to go. The response was "you will get the charger well in advance." Soooo...I am to get my truck within 3 months, gonna hear from my guide when I get closer and I am going to be able to get my charger "well in advance," but still crickets. I am pretty sure the delivery window time frames are not going to be accurate. Stock price is going to get hammered. I was hoping for under-promise/over-deliver, but it looks like it is going to be over-promise/under-deliver.

sigh...
You might very well be right, and I certainly feel your frustration.

But, you're over 3 months out from the end of your window. I think it's far too early to panic. It takes like 5 days for ground shipping of the charger anywhere in the US. I'd be surprised if they reach out to finalize the truck purchase more than a month in advance...at best.

So, my point being, you still have lots of time. Keep the faith.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

sigh...
If we hit Valentine's Day and our Jan/Feb folks still haven't heard anything from Rivian, then you can start your chicken little again.

Until then, mass hysteria is not warranted.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

sigh...
Guide contact is largely overrated. I've had a Guide since May of 2021, and he as adequately answered 0.0% of the questions I have asked over the last 8.5 months... You'll learn everything you need to know from the users on this forum, so don't sweat the Guide thing.
Sponsored