LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

The anticipation is palpable... can you believe it, Guide contacts will begin so very soon! Is there a thread somewhere capturing "Things we still don't know"? That should be the guidebook for matters to get clarified during Guide engagements. Anyone have a link because I couldn't find it. I don't have the patience to consolidate all the good suggestions that arise in this thread to the first post here. If nothing else, let this thread be a conversation on how we'd like those lucky early contacts to capture and communicate their Guide encounters and morsels of new information. Having dozens of new threads popping up for every insight sounds both satisfying and dizzying. Perhaps a handful of new threads based on general topics to capture Guide-ance given over the coming weeks. ?
Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Haha, I feel sorry for the first batch of guides that get paired up with customers, especially if they are members of this forum! I can imagine the work load being around 160 hours a week for a while.
I like your Idea @LoneStar we should compile a tabbed multi page document with all the specific questions we have for each topic so we will have it ready for the first forum member to submit to there guide following introductions.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Me talking to a Guide:
1619454719826.png
I laughed but this isn't far from the truth. This forum has members who have been following the brand and poring through the details of both vehicles for years. The Guides on the other hand might have been hired mere weeks ago for their CS skills (not knowledge of Rivian).

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The anticipation is palpable... can you believe it, Guide contacts will begin so very soon! Is there a thread somewhere capturing "Things we still don't know"? That should be the guidebook for matters to get clarified during Guide engagements. Anyone have a link because I couldn't find it. I don't have the patience to consolidate all the good suggestions that arise in this thread to the first post here. If nothing else, let this thread be a conversation on how we'd like those lucky early contacts to capture and communicate their Guide encounters and morsels of new information. Having dozens of new threads popping up for every insight sounds both satisfying and dizzying. Perhaps a handful of new threads based on general topics to capture Guide-ance given over the coming weeks. ?
This is also a good idea to keep us from asking guides the same question 800 times.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I swear I thought there's a "What we don't know yet" thread complimenting the "What we do know." If it exists, can someone paste a link in here. Otherwise we can start a landslide of random topic questions here and watch trends for the Top-5 topics.

Besides an obvious one like "What does Launch Green really look like?" A question that I'd ask a Guide right now:
  • Will Rivians get any special benefit using (future) Rivian charging stations? Is there a period of free charge-ups? Or a deep discounted rate for some period?

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I swear I thought there's a "What we don't know yet" thread complimenting the "What we do know." If it exists, can someone paste a link in here. Otherwise we can start a landslide of random topic questions here and watch trends for the Top-5 topics.

Besides an obvious one like "What does Launch Green really look like?" A question that I'd ask a Guide right now:
  • Will Rivians get any special benefit using (future) Rivian charging stations? Is there a period of free charge-ups? Or a deep discounted rate for some period?
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...till-needed-to-make-an-informed-decision.926/

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

actually I think my first Guide question would be
  • Will Rivian come clean on how the worldwide chip shortage is affecting the 2021 expected build rate.
  • And related question being when will Rivian transition from labeling builds MY-2021 to MY-2022? In all fairness it should be vehicles born after Q3 get a MY-2022 designation.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
  • Will Rivian come clean on how the worldwide chip shortage is affecting the 2021 expected build rate.
  • And related question being when will Rivian transition from labeling builds MY-2021 to MY-2022? In all fairness it should be vehicles born after Q3 get a MY-2022 designation.
They should all be MY22, imo.

Rivian wouldn't even be pushing the convention. Lots of manufacturers release their next year models in the summer time. Honda even released the original Ridgeline in February 2005 as a 2006 model.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I suspect even the very first units will be designated 2022
Under Environmental Protection Agency rules, manufacturers can introduce a next-model-year vehicle for public sale as early as January 2 of the preceding calendar year—for example, a 2018-model-year vehicle can be sold starting on January 2, 2017. Conversely, manufacturers can introduce and release a new vehicle for sale as late as December 31 of the corresponding calendar year, so a 2018-model-year vehicle could be introduced up to and including December 31, 2018.

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Resale

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Asking for a friend...Why does MY matter?
Resale, when calculating the price of a used vehicle, it counts MY not when it was built and delivered. in 2026, if you sale the vehicle as a 2022 it is 4 years old, versus a 2021 being 5 years old.

A good real world example, my Jeep purchased in late 2013 as a 2014 according to KBB for trade in value.

2014 $19,635 - $22,854
2013 $15,282 - $17,681

Just for grins I did a 2015 as well 21,599 - 24,720

All of these are exact same specs just one year different as of today.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
In WY, having a later model year means you pay higher fees each year when you register the car. You pay based on MSRP x an age factor that is a declining scale from 60% down to 15% over 6 years. If you buy a 2022 model year in 2021, then you’d pay the highest rate for two years before it starts declining. Over 6 years on a $75,000 car it would yield ~$1,000 in additional registration fees if it’s a later MY.
Sponsored