Sponsored

Guide Contacts & Counting by Thanksgiving?? Can they do it??

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I had asked my guide that question and he said that they can't provide an estimate on max pack delivery timeframes yet.
Really makes me wonder if that's because they're putting different hardware in it (other than just size).
Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Really makes me wonder if that's because they're putting different hardware in it (other than just size).
Why is this surprising? They are still in the process of ramping up initial production. Until they have met certain milestones in the production ramp, they won't know, and certainly won't commit, too a time frame for producing max pack vehicles.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Why is this surprising? They are still in the process of ramping up initial production. Until they have met certain milestones in the production ramp, they won't know, and certainly won't commit, too a time frame for producing max pack vehicles.
Not surprising persay. My recollection (or maybe just impression) was their timing was supposed to be January and consistent with the non-LE deliveries (for the R1T). Just piecing together some pieces regarding "future hardware" and charging, and the max pack being available initially. Just a hunch. ?‍♂

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
I had not seen this Tweet from Jeff Bezos. "Now, RJ, where are our vans?!"

Jeff, you'll need to talk to your Guide for more info.

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Ehhhh, I get why people are stressing out, but it just doesn’t seem worth it tbh.
I'm not stressed about when I get my R1S, BUT I am becoming increasingly concerned about the company.

I know my preorder and potential investment is miniscule to what they want/need to raise from the IPO (ie they don't need me) but they are sure doing a really crappy job of promoting or heck even advocating for themselves. At this point the only people that are advocating for Rivian are many of the members here. I can't be the only one frustrated with this and that is what concerns me.

The whole joke with "s00n" was funny for a time and for me it still isn't about the lack of deliveries, but the lack of transparency and simple communication gives me pause on whether they can do the "hard stuff".

The only thing IMO that they have going for them at this point from a long term health standpoint is the van orders from Amazon. If they did not have this, I would seriously be questioning my order when the time comes to lock it in.

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
My Deposit date is close to yours on 12/12/2018. I spoke with Rivian this week as my wife is growing restless in what has now been almost 3 years of thinking and anticipating the R1T. My configuration is for R1T Max Pack. My question to Rivian was after Thanksgiving or maybe into December will I get a call from a guide? The answer was, deposit/pre-order date is only 1 factor and that I should Not anticipate a call this year. She stated, guides are reaching out when you are within ~60 days of production. At this point, with all the challenges of a start-up, I'm quickly losing hope of getting an R1T in 2022. If that is the case, then I'm starting to wonder do I just wait for the refreshed R1T in a few years. After all, much of the development of the R1T was 2015-2018, 400v system architecture, will they move to 800v, no heat pump today, 180-degree drop tailgate, etc. etc...
I reserved in Nov 2018, but not the max pack. I am becoming fairly confident I will not receive my RT1 in 2022 either. If I am wrong I would happily eat crow.

In fact I do not think the majority of LE holders will. Regardless of why, Rivian is much further behind then I think any one of us expect.

I believe currently the priority is the IPO and nothing gives me more pause then a company that offers an IPO before shipping out a real product. I think historically that hasn't bode well for early reservations.

Last edited:

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I reserved in Nov 2018, but not the max pack. I am becoming fairly confident I will not receive my RT1 in 2022 either. If I am wrong I would happily eat crow.

In fact I do not think the majority of LE holders will. Regardless of why, Rivian is much further behind then I think anyone of us expect.

I believe currently the priority is the IPO and nothing gives me more pause then a company that offers an IPO before shipping out a real product. I think historically that hasn't bode well for early reservations.
I still think the current silence and lack of any evidence of production/deliveries is predictable production ramp issues but I am starting to think Rivian was/is not as production ready as it appeared with the announcement of the first sellable R1T.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I still think the current silence and lack of any evidence of production/deliveries is predictable production ramp issues but I am starting to think Rivian was/is not as production ready as it appeared with the announcement of the first sellable R1T.
Agreed.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’m surprised the investment crowd hasn’t picked up on this yet in connection with the IPO.

I keep hearing that Rivian started deliveries “in September,” but any amount of scrutiny would show that, prior to the IPO, Rivian has not yet sold vehicles to the public in any measurable amount, and it’s unclear whether they have made any sales beyond a few to long-term employees.

Any amount of scrutiny would also show some very loyal, but dissatisfied pre-holder customers, who have been left in the dark on when Rivian will actually make sales.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I think someone on this forum should trying cancelling their order and see if they get sent to a manager that can bump them up the list to keep them from cancelling. Any volunteers? :CWL:

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I just canceled my SirrusXm service via chat. I typed “Please cancel my service “ 13 times before I finally got a cancellation confirmation email.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I just canceled my SirrusXm service via chat. I typed “Please cancel my service “ 13 times before I finally got a cancellation confirmation email.
13 more to get removed from their mail and telemarketing campaigns trying to get you back...

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I don't.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000

In fact I do not think the majority of LE holders will. Regardless of why, Rivian is much further behind then I think any one of us expect.

To add further stress to this issue of waiting for an R1T (Max pack with no idea of delivery date), my local Ford Dealer just texted me. When can I come in and work out my Build sheet for F-150 Lightning! I asked can I get a Demo ride? No, we will not be receiving a Demo. Ok, when could I anticipate taking delivery? As of now, Ford is telling dealers (per this dealer) 16-20 weeks. There are some things I like about the Lightning and my wife likes, but I think I'll have to roll the dice and just stick with Rivian. Hoping things look brighter as we get into 2022.
Sponsored