Sponsored

Guide Contacts & Counting by Thanksgiving?? Can they do it??

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I agree with all of these rants. I work in marketing and I can't help but observe that Rivian totally dropped the ball here with mobilizing all of the folks like us on these forums. We are obviously a captive audience and we could have accomplished a lot of guerilla marketing for them via word-of-mouth and that "I'm friends with someone on the inside" type of information dissemination. All they had to do was recognize that the pre-order holders are loyal and give them consistent, transparent, and early access to information and allow things to go out organically. It's not like they were trying to keep the _existence_ of the R1T and R1S a secret.
Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I find it particularly frustrating after all the build up of September.

1. MT TAT series starts
2. Breckenridge media event
3. “Deliveries” start!
4. ……deafening silence.

This vehicle has clearly not launched and it’s starting to feel like Rivian is being pretty dishonest about it.

For perspective, they are not providing any kind of estimated delivery timeframe other than “stay close to the phone for your guide call!”. Even Tesla provides an estimated delivery window.

I fully expected communication to greatly improve once deliveries start.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I fully expected communication to greatly improve once deliveries start.
Well, deliveries of the final, fully polished product haven’t really started yet, have they? So you still might be right!:CWL:

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Although it might not be at numbers that everyone was hoping, I am just happy that there are people (even on this forum) that have 'scheduled' delivery dates in October. If/once they confirm delivery it means we are on our way...even if the ramp up isn't as fast as some of us may hope.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I’m in no hurry and not stressed. I want my truck to be high quality and without a ton of issues.

We have a Mini Cooper EV coming in November/December that will keep me entertained (in a different way than the Rivian) and will save me a ton of money in gas.

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Ehhhh, I get why people are stressing out, but it just doesn’t seem worth it tbh.

Until otherwise informed, I’m still assuming that my November delivery is valid ?‍♂

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Somebody may remember when the configuration site was opened, it took maybe five days to lock in your order before the LE's ran out and if memory services me right, LE's were sold out quickly, within a few days (five at most)...

So, I believe the LE quantities is a smaller number, but what that number is, who knows...

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to deliver my Rivian, and it maybe until then if we are really good that we will see our Rivian on our driveway on Christmas morning ;)

Rants may get your some coal....:)

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Somebody may remember when the configuration site was opened, it took maybe five days to lock in your order before the LE's ran out and if memory services me right, LE's were sold out quickly, within a few days (five at most)...

So, I believe the LE quantities is a smaller number, but what that number is, who knows...

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to deliver my Rivian, and it maybe until then if we are really good that we will see our Rivian on our driveway on Christmas morning ;)

Rants may get your some coal....:)
My guess: total 10-20k LE orders (5 and 5 or 10 and 10) that they thought they could do in a year on one line (one other amazon; one other batteries).

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
also,
My guess: total 10-20k LE orders (5 and 5 or 10 and 10) that they thought they could do in a year on one line (one other amazon; one other batteries).
I'm guessing 5 to 10k total with a conservative ramp up originally from Juny/July.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
also,

I'm guessing 5 to 10k total with a conservative ramp up originally from Juny/July.
That would also be cool because I feel like for those they would try to limit production ramp he double hockeystick . . . .

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
The configuration and FAQ allow LE holders to switch between the R1T and R1S. That, combined with the fact that there is no waiting list for an LE and that they will not allocate more when some cancel (to convert to the Max pack, Explore, Lightning, CT, etc) indicates they don't have a specific number for each model. They seemed to shut LE configurations down when it got to about what they thought they could produce in about the first 6 months (June -Jan pushed to Sept - "Spring").

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Personally, in my case sooner If I can get my LE R1S sooner is better. I'm happy about the First Mile event in Normal but frustrates me that there is no updates about other locations.

Also, if they can start delivering R1T s00ner to real customers, it would address the bad press from media outlets like Bloomberg and help their IPO. And we can also hear feedback about real life range. meridian audio quality, and fit/finish issues etc.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Personally, in my case sooner If I can get my LE R1S sooner is better. I'm happy about the First Mile event in Normal but frustrates me that there is no updates about other locations.

Also, if they can start delivering R1T s00ner to real customers, it would address the bad press from media outlets like Bloomberg and help their IPO. And we can also hear feedback about real life range. meridian audio quality, and fit/finish issues etc.
As a fellow LE R1S pre-order holder, I would really like them to start doing deliveries ASAP. I am now in the grey zone where my current car will need some fairly expensive maintenance s00n. I would rather trade it in and let the dealer/next-owner deal with that but I need my Rivian first.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
As a fellow LE R1S pre-order holder, I would really like them to start doing deliveries ASAP. I am now in the grey zone where my current car will need some fairly expensive maintenance s00n. I would rather trade it in and let the dealer/next-owner deal with that but I need my Rivian first.
What kind of expensive maintenance? I have both a 10 and 20 year old cars and neither needs expensive maintenance.

Last edited:

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
I agree. My car warranty expired recently and the shorter the time until I trade it in the better.
That said, please refer to the IPO materials. They really can't spew much BS when it comes to that. They anticipate a few thousand vehicles delivered in 2021. Unless we see a postponement of the IPO, I guarantee that we're going to see vehicles cranking out of Normal within the next 6 weeks. At least 1000 per week will start shipping prior to the IPO.
My reservation number is somewhere around 16,000 and I reserved in Oct 2019. I've always figured or guessed that there'd be at least 15-20000 LE orders. At a production clip of 5000 vehicles per month that would indicate the Spring 2022 final delivery date is pretty reasonable
Sponsored