Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'd literally just posted in my local club group asking if anyone was selling a wheel/tire since yesterday the website was still showing "Coming Soon". Some helpful person had pulled up the site and said it was available and I heard a record scratch...check and sure enough it's as you show. Called service and I have delivery/install scheduled for 8/10. Conveniently, just before I head out to Moab.

OP
OP

LongJoSilver

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X545e, BMW 428i, Infiniti FX37, R1S on order
Occupation
Engineer
I have mine at the shop for unrelated reasons and they just installed it for me! I'm going to try and haggle the price down to the original number-- if anyone else has success with haggling let me know!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I have mine at the shop for unrelated reasons and they just installed it for me! I'm going to try and haggle the price down to the original number-- if anyone else has success with haggling let me know!
I asked...they said no. :p

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Looks like some other swag is new too. Who wants a $150 hoodie, it's for adventure...

still no brake light accessory :(

limestoneR1T

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ R1T, 23' Tacoma, 22’ X5e, 20’ Rav4, 09’ Lexus
Order placed and have a mobile service apt. for delivery and install.

Last edited:

exRiv33

First Name
Mixhael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just called and guide is not letting me purchase a full size spare for the R1S and says it is only for R1T vehicles?? Anyone else getting the same response?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

It only took them over a year to get this done. So that should mean the tonneau cover fix will be done in another 6 months.

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Curious if they still using the same supplier/parts for the tire change kit?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just called and guide is not letting me purchase a full size spare for the R1S and says it is only for R1T vehicles?? Anyone else getting the same response?
Full size doesn't fit in the cavity in the R1S

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

Yikes. I know buying direct is more expensive for convenience, but $1,100 for a 21" spare seems pretty steep.

I think I'm going to look at a set of 4x cheap rims and putting some snow tires on them, and keep one for a spare in the off-season. I'd rather buy a complete package, but the lack of snow tires is bugging me, and $1,100 seems to be excessive. Or maybe my base expectations were off.

I'd buy a complete spare (or snow tire) package from a forum vendor if one were made available. Researching wheel & tire options wasn't high on my priority list.

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
I texted my guide asking if I'd still get pre-march pricing since they removed the tire from my configuration (which ultimately led to me buying one from the gear shop). I'll update with their response.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

full size spare doesnt fit in the R1S unless you want to just carry it on the floor, rooftop or get a hitch mount.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Yikes. I know buying direct is more expensive for convenience, but $1,100 for a 21" spare seems pretty steep.

I think I'm going to look at a set of 4x cheap rims and putting some snow tires on them, and keep one for a spare in the off-season. I'd rather buy a complete package, but the lack of snow tires is bugging me, and $1,100 seems to be excessive. Or maybe my base expectations were off.

I'd buy a complete spare (or snow tire) package from a forum vendor if one were made available. Researching wheel & tire options wasn't high on my priority list.
Same, I’m still gonna be on the lookout for a worn-out 21 or something on the cheap. I’ve seen them in some areas for as low as about $400. Considering I already have a more robust bottle jack and don’t really need the Rivian jack/wrench, that’s probably the way to go for a tire I’ll hopefully never need.
Sponsored