Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I am with most of you, love the wood color of FE but need to see the vegan leather with the vehicle colors. My exterior choice is right now between Midnight and El Cap Granite. Really need to see FE plus ECG, if not in the same vehicle at least on the same day; hoping the grey feel to FE doesn't clash with the ECG.

At the end of the day also need to decide if it is worth the $2k upgrade price for FE... Plus I am on team R1S and I am not sure how the colors look on all the R1Ts we are seeing is going to carry over on the R1S.
ECG and FE should go well — grey and green usually do — however, it’s worth noting that this is a dark grey and a lighter green. Is that an issue? I suspect not at all. I have a dark grey 2020 Tesla X with light earth tone interior that is complementary. My conclusion is that contrast often adds to each color. My problem is that I am going with LG and FE and there is little contrast between the two colors. LG for me is non-negotiable because I live on a dirt/gravel road. I prefer FE to the other two choices so I am all-in on green. Where I live we are surrounded by every shade of green imaginable so I might as well think that my Rivian is camouflaged.
Sponsored

Last edited:

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery

GMK83

First Name
Guerin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder)

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Hmm... I have to admit that when I was considering placing a reservation back in May-June all the way up until sometime in September I was probably 55-40-5 on likelihood of OC-BM-FE. That has possibly swung as far as 40-40-20 to UC-FE-BM. It's going to come down to which exterior color I end up picking.

The renders and prototypes of the R1S look so good in Forest Green, and I think FG-FE would just be too much green. I never would have picked LA Silver before, but now I think LA Silver with FE might be a decent compromise on cost and appearance. I see the inside of my car far more than the outside, so maybe that's a compromise worth making!

My current car is a dark blue Audi Q5 (Deep Sea Blue, IIRC) with cinnamon (?) leather. The leather is like a saddle brown color, and the rest of the interior is the same as a black interior. It's been a good compromise. I had a light grey interior once and liked that one fine, but I've never had an interior as light as Ocean Coast. My first car had charcoal leather seats and it was dangerously hot after sitting in the sun for a few hours. That experience has really weighed against Black Mountain.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

My current car is a dark blue Audi Q5 (Deep Sea Blue, IIRC) with cinnamon (?) leather. The leather is like a saddle brown color, and the rest of the interior is the same as a black interior. It's been a good compromise. I had a light grey interior once and liked that one fine, but I've never had an interior as light as Ocean Coast. My first car had charcoal leather seats and it was dangerously hot after sitting in the sun for a few hours. That experience has really weighed against Black Mountain.
I had a BMW 3 series with the "Oyster" interior which is a very light grey such that some people thought it was white. It worked really well with the car's ambient lighting at night and I thought it helped with summer sun compared to cars I've had with dark interiors. I did, however, have to have my seat cleaned yearly to remove color transfer from jeans.

For that reason, I think I'm leaning Forest Edge. Not as dark as the black interior, has a warmth to it that Ocean Coast lacks, and is likely to be more durable so I can avoid the color transfer issue. I'm really looking forward to being able to see them in person so I can make my final choice.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

The renders and prototypes of the R1S look so good in Forest Green, and I think FG-FE would just be too much green. I never would have picked LA Silver before, but now I think LA Silver with FE might be a decent compromise on cost and appearance. I see the inside of my car far more than the outside, so maybe that's a compromise worth making!
I have the same thought process, FG is my favorite R1S exterior. FE my favorite interior. But I have concerns how they will look together in person. I saw one of the review videos that had that combo and it looked good in the video. One day we will get to see it in person :)

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Going to join the rest of everyone here who has recently been swayed by real life pictures of Forest Edge. I was pretty much dead set on an R1S Launch Edition with:
  • El Cap Granite
  • Ocean Coast
  • All-Terrain Wheels
All these recent pictures have really been making me reconsider both the exterior and interior colors. All-Terrain wheels stay though!

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager
Same as many others, I've been super swayed towards FE. Only problem is Rivian Blue is my favorite exterior color by far. I'm imagining they could either clash or be fine. Would love to see a pic of them configured together, but not sure that anyone will have the same crazy idea o_O

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I have the same thought process, FG is my favorite R1S exterior. FE my favorite interior. But I have concerns how they will look together in person. I saw one of the review videos that had that combo and it looked good in the video. One day we will get to see it in person :)

Was it this video?

Instagram video by Club Rivian • Oct 6, 2021 at 1:29 PM

After seeing that I'm gonna take a step back on FE. If I like LG for the R1S ill do the Duck Combo, but otherwise its OC on RB or FG

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
Has anyone stumbled on a Forrest Edge interior on a Rivian Blue truck? My gut is that wouldn’t look great, but I’d love to see it before I lock in Black Mountain.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Personally, I would only pair the FE with the neutral exterior colors (black, white, silver/grey) or one of the greens for a tone-on-tone look for those who really like green. I would avoid pairing FE with blue, red, or yellow as it just isn't going to appeal to most people in case anyone is at all concerned with future resale.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Resale would be a concern for sure. I really don't think it will look good on blue, but I didn't think it would look good with yellow either and that actually does look pretty good. I guess it is good it seems more gray than the website.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Personally, I would only pair the FE with the neutral exterior colors (black, white, silver/grey) or one of the greens for a tone-on-tone look for those who really like green. I would avoid pairing FE with blue, red, or yellow as it just isn't going to appeal to most people in case anyone is at all concerned with future resale.
But there’s also the paradox of rarity - eventually a combination that very few people ordered because it was weird may become desirable simply because there are very few.

See: BMW Z3 coupe, porsches with weird interior/exterior combinations, etc
Sponsored