Sponsored

FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I hope someone does RB+FE because I expect that combo could be sneaky good like CY+FE.
If someone does, their Guide will be like: "Are you sure? Are you really sure? Seriously, this is a lot of money. Are you really, really sure?" ?
Sponsored

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
One of the reasons I'm even more Gung-Ho than ever on Launch Green with Forest Edge is that from the front seat while driving in the wild, I'd prefer neutral colors that match my surroundings.

I'd rather the visible surfaces of the truck blend in and that I not see sheet metal and interior bits that create a heavy contrast to the scenery outside the windows. On the coastal side of the PNW, those surroundings tend to be various shades of green.

I love all of the colors and interior options, and also encourage everyone to get what works for them. There are numerous combinations that are outstanding and I'm glad I've found the one that works for me. I hope everyone finds a combo that they love as much as I love mine.
I’m leaning towards launch green myself with forest edge, but am unsure if this will be matchy matchy. What do others think?

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I’m leaning towards launch green myself with forest edge, but am unsure if this will be matchy matchy. What do others think?
Think of it as two part harmony, same note different octave.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I think all three of the interiors would look great with the wood trim from the the Forest Edge. At the very least, the FE's rich-colored trim has seemed consistent throughout the life of the Configurator. The lighter color from the Ocean Coast seems to change from time to time, as does the darkened version in the Black Mountain.
Totally agree. The wood trim on OC and BM seem inconsistent over time. Overall, BM has too much black. OC and FG have variations in color mixed in to give some visual contrasts but BM is monotone. Even in the Explore trim with BM has the white headliner to break up the monotonous look. Don't really get the design/color choices of BM on Adventure trim.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I’m done with all black interiors. My Expedition is all black and that’s after I said I wouldn’t do it again. I get they’re popular as it hides a lot of the accumulative dirt and grime and people like black leather and all that, but nope done with it. So BM is 100% out for me. I do like the green accent stripe on the seats in BM, but that’s it’s only redeeming quality, IMO.

For now my config has Ocean Coast, but I’m really wanting to see both it and FE in person. I prefer the wood in FE and while I like green I’m not sure I’d want my primary interior color to be olive drab, which is how it looked in all the pictures up until recently. Seems it’s more grey….

I think the worst potential exterior color with FE would be red. I know people are worried about it with the blue, but I’d take RB+FE over RC+FE if I had to choose between the two right now. CY+FE is definitely not my thing, but I’ll admit the pictures make it look good.

GMK83

First Name
Guerin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder)
I’m currently configured on my R1S LA-FE with the dark 20” AT setup. Think I’ll stick with this. I’ve gone back and forth on exterior colors and LA Silver continues to come out on top. I’d like to see the limestone in-person on a vehicle. The color plate at the last mile event was nice, but want to see it on the vehicle in the sunlight.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Saw the FE interior at the Venice Experience center, was on the FG R1T. Not gonna lie, it was VERY nice but not sure why the upgrade is SOOOOOO expensive as there are no other upgrades included. I'm on the fence getting an R1S with FG+FE or with BM interior. 2K is a lot for the upgrade! Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Saw the FE interior at the Venice Experience center, was on the FG R1T. Not gonna lie, it was VERY nice but not sure why the upgrade is SOOOOOO expensive as there are no other upgrades included. I'm on the fence getting an R1S with FG+FE or with BM interior. 2K is a lot for the upgrade! Decisions, decisions, decisions!
Why $2000? Maybe Rivian thinks: FE looks so good and paying more helps the customer ‘feel” rich, both being partly true, but neither reason justifying the FE choice. For me, living in mud, dust, and snow much of the time, in the Rockies, nudges me to the Launch Green exterior rather than another choice, like El Cap Granite. Forest edge with its rich brown wood looks great with LG — adding character to an other wise bland color palette, so it’s LG & FE for me.
Sponsored