Sponsored

FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
But there’s also the paradox of rarity - eventually a combination that very few people ordered because it was weird may become desirable simply because there are very few.

See: BMW Z3 coupe, porsches with weird interior/exterior combinations, etc
True, but the key word there is "may".
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If someone really loves the CY/FE (perhaps because it aligns with the colors of your favorite sports team) or any other color combo, I think they should absolutely get it. My point was not to discourage people from buying a color combination they are in love with, but to provide an additional consideration for those still waffling.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

If someone really loves the CY/FE (perhaps because it aligns with the colors of your favorite sports team) or any other color combo, I think they should absolutely get it.
This is my argument against the combo for me personally. Can't be driving a packers mobile around chicago. Even though I like the color combo.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I'm vertically-challenged enough so that I can't see much of my hood while driving, so I'll never really see the two colors at the same time, haha. If I'm in the truck, I'll get the color I want in there, and if I've got the lawn chair set up in the garage as I lovingly carress the awesomeness that is my R1S, I'll only see the exterior. Screw everyone else, I'll get what I want.

Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If someone really loves the CY/FE (perhaps because it aligns with the colors of your favorite sports team) or any other color combo, I think they should absolutely get it. My point was not to discourage people from buying a color combination they are in love with, but to provide an additional consideration for those still waffling.
I would've agreed with you before Rivian started using CY/FE as a canonical build. To learn that Rivian has been thinking about CY and FE together potentially all this time (given that it's part of the very first, official, public builds), and that they may have even designed them to specifically go together (not to imply that it was only designed for yellow just that it was heavily considered during the design phase), makes me think that CY/FE isn't just a wacky, eccentric build but is actually one of the premiere combinations.

That said, I could be wrong (at least for my tastes) so I do still want to see it in person before committing.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I would've agreed with you before Rivian started using CY/FE as a canonical build. To learn that Rivian has been thinking about CY and FE together potentially all this time (given that it's part of the very first, official, public builds), and that they may have even designed them to specifically go together (not to imply that it was only designed for yellow just that it was heavily considered during the design phase), makes me think that CY/FE isn't just a wacky, eccentric build but is actually one of the premiere combinations.

That said, I could be wrong (at least for my tastes) so I do still want to see it in person before committing.
I don't have a source ready (sorry!), but I've seen here several times that Rivian had originally planned to "disallow" certain interior/exterior combos, until at some point they decided to just open it up and let people get what they want. And that CY/FE was one of the combos not allowed to configure. If I had to go out on a limb, FE with Blue or Red may have been not allowed as well.

But really, since OC and Black really go with literally everything, I can't see any reason for gating any of those combos.

Apparently RJ even did a "WTF" double take seeing that CY/FG spec'd for the first mile event.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Apparently RJ even did a "WTF" double take seeing that CY/FG spec'd for the first mile event.
Haha, if that's the case and my read of the situation is entirely wrong then that's pretty funny. I'd want to know what the team responsible for selecting the builds was thinking if they went with a risky combo no one had seen or thought about before.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Personally, I would only pair the FE with the neutral exterior colors (black, white, silver/grey) or one of the greens for a tone-on-tone look for those who really like green. I would avoid pairing FE with blue, red, or yellow as it just isn't going to appeal to most people in case anyone is at all concerned with future resale.
Agree!, though the right yellow may work.

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I'm vertically-challenged enough so that I can't see much of my hood while driving, so I'll never really see the two colors at the same time, haha. If I'm in the truck, I'll get the color I want in there, and if I've got the lawn chair set up in the garage as I lovingly carress the awesomeness that is my R1S, I'll only see the exterior. Screw everyone else, I'll get what I want.
A definite change of “perspective” from seat to chair!

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

I actually had chance to drive the R1T in the CY/FE combo at the First Mile event and looks great. I was shocked. SO much so that I am seriously considering changing to that from my LG/OC on my current configuration.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
To reply to a lot of questions/thoughts, the interior colors in person are more neutral than they appear in the configurator. By which I mean they look great but I don't think any interior would look particularly weird with any particular exterior color. And the wood looks much nicer than in the configurator which used generated images. I liked all three and have more dilemmas now than I did before the event. Hoping to see Limestone and Launch Green in person before I have to decide because the rest all looked good to me.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

One of the reasons I'm even more Gung-Ho than ever on Launch Green with Forest Edge is that from the front seat while driving in the wild, I'd prefer neutral colors that match my surroundings.

I'd rather the visible surfaces of the truck blend in and that I not see sheet metal and interior bits that create a heavy contrast to the scenery outside the windows. On the coastal side of the PNW, those surroundings tend to be various shades of green.

I love all of the colors and interior options, and also encourage everyone to get what works for them. There are numerous combinations that are outstanding and I'm glad I've found the one that works for me. I hope everyone finds a combo that they love as much as I love mine.