ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Given the strikes, I would not be surprised if they are cancelled or suspended. Also possible if they are starting to pile up on dealer lots, they want to sell the ones produced, instead of specific customer orders, that the customers may back out of now that interest rates are higher.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
One of my favorite aspects of being a Rivian owner is that I’m Rivian’s actual customer. With Ford, dealerships are the customer. Both models have pros and cons, but at least Rivian has to be accountable to us for their decisions.

mike2191

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I cancelled my Lightning order. I was one of the 1st reservationist. I wanted the pro. Which was $40,000. When it was my time to pick they said I have to pick the higher models which was around $60,000 because they only made a few of the pro that I wanted. I said no and I’ll wait for the pro In the 2nd round. When it was my time again they increase all the prices by $20,000. So I cancelled my order. I lot of the reservations cancelled thier order due to this bait and switch. Would have been my 1st ford. I Will never buy a ford again. Rivian honored thier pricing.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Rumor has it that Ford is canceling all Edsel models too. That is what people are saying; that's what they're talking about.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I cancelled my Lightning order. I was one of the 1st reservationist. I wanted the pro. Which was $40,000. When it was my time to pick they said I have to pick the higher models which was around $60,000 because they only made a few of the pro that I wanted. I said no and I’ll wait for the pro In the 2nd round. When it was my time again they increase all the prices by $20,000. So I cancelled my order. I lot of the reservations cancelled thier order due to this bait and switch. Would have been my 1st ford. I Will never buy a ford again. Rivian honored thier pricing.
My inlaws went to the Ford dealer to look at getting the F150 Platinum ICE. They walked out when they said it was going to be $90,000+. So, when I hear people say "The F150 is cheaper than the Rivian.. I agree that the Lightning might be, but the ICE is about the same"

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Multiple factors at work here. Strikes, parts shortages are still a thing, 2023 model year has all but run its course, yet 2024 order guides are not available. Saw a reddit post where someone had their Lightning canceled, but dealer tells them the allocation is still assigned to them. They've effectively been rolled over to a 2024 it's just Ford has not released the 2024 order info or placed in their system and can't advise.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Given the strikes, I would not be surprised if they are cancelled or suspended.
Ford is also making public moves that strengthen their bargaining power in the contract negotiations. Some are related to supply issues secondary to the strike, others are not. It could be that the they're just rolling people to the next model year like they have done around this time previously, but it's in Ford's interest to blame it on the strike.

One example is the Michigan battery factory--it's more likely to be related to congressional scrutiny regarding the partnership with a Chinese company but the announcement made it seem like it was because of the strike.

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

My inlaws went to the Ford dealer to look at getting the F150 Platinum ICE. They walked out when they said it was going to be $90,000+. So, when I hear people say "The F150 is cheaper than the Rivian.. I agree that the Lightning might be, but the ICE is about the same"
I saw a video where just the tail lights are $5800 in parts due to the blue cruise sensors in them.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It would be a cold day in hell before I dropped 90k on a ford truck unless it was at least a 350 dually with the power stroke. I don't really need one of those but if I did I could see paying it.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I suspect this is strike related, not necessarily consumer demand related. With that said, I cancelled my F150 day 1 reservation when I got my R1S In June.
Sponsored