RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Did anyone see what this was about before it got pulled?

Rivian R1T R1S Edmunds article removed? Screenshot_20221001-090802
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So, annoying, potentially dangerous, but seemingly nothing "critical" failed. Just a glitch. Not one that anyone should have to deal with, but the vehicle didn't "die". Nice find.
Kinda sounds like user error to me, maybe they accidentally put it into neutral and were too confused to notice it, but I wasn't there so...

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Kinda sounds like user error to me, maybe they accidentally put it into neutral and were too confused to notice it, but I wasn't there so...
Lifted their butt off the seat 😁

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

interesting that it got pulled. maybe they did realize it was user error. or they wanted to put more details in and republish.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

interesting that it got pulled. maybe they did realize it was user error. or they wanted to put more details in and republish.
Makes sense they would pull it as it reflects negatively on the product despite the later realization it was only a case of user error. Printing a retraction may have also been an idea.

Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
"Tried every trick in the book" except to put it into drive again. This feels sensational and it's hard to believe that two people both thought that opening doors in traffic, lock and unlock the doors to then try putting it into drive was "the next thing to try."

Article: "... the truck came to a stop in the middle of the freeway .... decided to try every trick in the book. They put the R1T into park, locked and unlocked the car, and opened and closed the doors (in rush-hour traffic)"

OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

"Tried every trick in the book" except to put it into drive again. This feels sensational and it's hard to believe that two people both thought that opening doors in traffic, lock and unlock the doors to then try putting it into drive was "the next thing to try."

Article: "... the truck came to a stop in the middle of the freeway .... decided to try every trick in the book. They put the R1T into park, locked and unlocked the car, and opened and closed the doors (in rush-hour traffic)"
Upon knowing the details, yeah, it's not a great look for them and also reflects badly on Rivian (unfairly as far as how it was written). It's fair to say - the UI/UX on that stalk and the features implemented there could be done better, but less so to imply it's some kind of nightmarish experience in the middle of freeway traffic because of some "unknown" bug or glitch - this was direct user error and the lack of just trying to actually put it back into drive to... you know see if it DRIVES again, is a little embarrassing. Heat of the moment and all, I get it, and I think they were somewhat new to the vehicle but that's why you don't immediately publish things before they can be verified
Sponsored