alextakesphotos

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / 911
..."
To align with the opening of a Rivian Service Center and its projected customer capacity in your area, we have had to move your delivery window back. Your new delivery window estimate is now in your Account.

We know this is not the news you were hoping for, but we sincerely believe it’s best to deliver your Rivian vehicle when we can also provide you with the added confidence of local service support. Our team is working hard to expedite the development of this infrastructure to get your R1S to you as soon as possible.
"...
Where are you located? I got the same justification and pushed back from May-June to July-Aug 2023.
Sponsored

OP
OP

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
That's interesting. How far away from the Plymouth SC are you? Madison Heights is going to be slightly closer for me, but not a whole lot. I think at this point Rivian knows I understand the waiting period for service items so maybe that's encouraging them to get mine out the door earlier? Of course early March is quite a bit earlier than mid-April for the reservation.

I had initially put mine in as an R1S Dual+Standard, so that estimate was "2024", and depending on how things go I might switch it back to that.
I'm about 25 miles from both of them. I'm in NW metro Detroit. So, I'm going to take them at their word and that they expect to be a bit backed up with the move to Madison Heights.

I don't mind being delayed, I wasn't initially planning on buying until early 2024. So, it's just a little more stress on the finances getting it earlier. But, I think it'll be enough of an upgrade of the model 3, that we'll take it as soon as we can.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I spoke to CS a few days ago. They told me production of dual motor R1 will not start until " the end of summer". So maybe they moved that up and some folks are seeing July estimated delivery.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I changed my pre-order from quad to dual motor in this last update, and that moved my estimated delivery from Jan-Jun 2024 into Aug-Sep 2023.

Looking at the crowdsourced dashboard, It seems like they need another month or two to get the dual-motors off the line. But they plan to batch out a whole bunch of them as soon as they're able.

Nickm53

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor R1S - MINI R55
Occupation
Chiropractor
Clubs

I am a mid May 2021 pre order with a dual motor. Estimate is Aug - Sept 2023, I live in Portland, close to a service center and state that has “good” direct sales laws.

I suspect Rivian is has to balance supply chain issues (been reported quad motors are a bottle neck), cash flow, direct sale laws in states that are tricky, and who knows what else. I don’t think they are outwardly trying to push a Quad early pre order back just to squeeze in a dual motor or post price hike customer to make a few more $$. I imagine they know how many Quad motors they have coming in and instead of letting the lines idle, might as well build some Duals and fill capacity.

I do get the frustration of early people getting passed by, but you are getting a large price discount and the longer you wait, the likelihood the build quality will be better.

Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
Clubs

If what Rivian told me is correct the folks who have July and August estimate will be some of the first deliveries if the Enduro dual motor equipped R1. I debated waiting but I went with a quad motor. I want to sit on the sidelines while any kinks with the DM get worked out.

gtbguy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Toyota Landcruiser Ford F-150 4x4
Occupation
Retired
June-July 2023, Dual Motor R1T, large pack, April, 2022 reservation.

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
It doesn't specifically have to do with deliveries to customers, but I ran into a group of rivian employees charging two R1Ts and an R1S in western Colorado and was told they were dual motor vehicles and they were testing in a bunch of off road and on road conditions, partly to better calibrate the drive modes for the dual motor vehicles. It was also great to finally see an R1S in person.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

June-July 2023, Dual Motor R1T, large pack, April, 2022 reservation.
Hello! We live just outside of Santa Fe ,NM. We have a July , 2022 reservation. Am I to understand you have a delivery date for a Rivian?

Sponsored

gtbguy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Toyota Landcruiser Ford F-150 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Hello! We live just outside of Santa Fe ,NM. We have a July , 2022 reservation. Am I to understand you have a delivery date for a Rivian?
Yes, I do live part time in Santa Fe, I also have a home in Chandler. I'm sure that has a lot to do with getting my truck sooner than later.

Apatel323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Anyone receive confirmation of the dual motor r1t scheduled for delivery? I’m curious on when preorder customers will get it.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Anyone receive confirmation of the dual motor r1t scheduled for delivery? I’m curious on when preorder customers will get it.
When I spoke to CS they said "end of summer". The earliest estimate I have seen for folks who ordered dual motor is July.

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
I am a mid May 2021 pre order with a dual motor. Estimate is Aug - Sept 2023, I live in Portland, close to a service center and state that has “good” direct sales laws.
Hey Nick, sorry if I'm misreading but you're a pre-price-increase customer ? How'd you get a dual-motor ? (I'm in Bend so not too far away). I'd prefer dual for the range and cost if they offer any price incentive for pre-increase customers. The CS rep I spoke to today mentioned the possibility of dual motor being available to us in the configurator in the coming months. If it comes along with a lower price, I might take that option.

Nickm53

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor R1S - MINI R55
Occupation
Chiropractor
Clubs

Hey Nick, sorry if I'm misreading but you're a pre-price-increase customer ? How'd you get a dual-motor ? (I'm in Bend so not too far away). I'd prefer dual for the range and cost if they offer any price incentive for pre-increase customers. The CS rep I spoke to today mentioned the possibility of dual motor being available to us in the configurator in the coming months. If it comes along with a lower price, I might take that option.
Helps if I can get my years straight, I preordered May of 2022 post price changes. Sorry for the bad information, life has been a blur as of late.
Sponsored