Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
Hello,

I reserved my R1S on Apr 15, 2022 and signed the binding contract as well.

Estimated Delivery
May - June 2023

Adventure Package
Dual-Motor AWD
Large pack
LA Silver
21" Road wheels
Black Mountain + Dark Ash Wood

I live in the Detroit area.

I was not expecting my estimate to be this early and it's been causing me stress. But what I really want to know is...

What are the estimated deliveries for other dual motor reservation holders?
Sponsored

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO near Rivian and Tesla service centers
Vehicles
Tesla
While I can't comment on estimated deliveries for other dual motor reservation holders, your May - June estimated delivery of the dual motor variant is good news.

I'm currently configured for R1T quad motor, but would/will switch to either R1T/S dual motor if I can get it after a reasonable wait. R1S dual motor with high-300 mile range estimate (max pack) fits my needs better than quad motor.

Thanks for providing your delivery estimate.

DJ24

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Clubs

Also May-June 2023. Dual Motor R1S. May 2022 reservation.

Laurent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
My understanding is that there will be very few, if any, Dual Motor R1S deliveries in 2023.
From my Rivian guide on March 2nd: "As implied in the video with RJ, very minimal deliveries of this spec will be made beginning of fall, prioritizing our 2018/2019 pre-order holders, then continue production the following year in 2024."

OP
OP

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
My understanding is that there will be very few, if any, Dual Motor R1S deliveries in 2023.
From my Rivian guide on March 2nd: "As implied in the video with RJ, very minimal deliveries of this spec will be made beginning of fall, prioritizing our 2018/2019 pre-order holders, then continue production the following year in 2024."
That was my understanding as well. But there are at least two cases in this thread where we had a pretty late reservation, just last year, and we're seeing very early deliveries. I haven't heard any information about when they're starting to deliver. But it seems like when they did their last update, they started to prioritize at least some of the dual motor delivers.

Edit: And, seeing as how our estimated delivery is May/June, it seems that someone thinks they'll be able to do some deliveries before fall.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
While I can't comment on estimated deliveries for other dual motor reservation holders, your May - June estimated delivery of the dual motor variant is good news.

I'm currently configured for R1T quad motor, but would/will switch to either R1T/S dual motor if I can get it after a reasonable wait. R1S dual motor with high-300 mile range estimate (max pack) fits my needs better than quad motor.

Thanks for providing your delivery estimate.
It does seem like they started to prioritize the dual motor deliveries over filling in the pre-orders sequentially. But, maybe they're supply limited with the quad motors, and having the dual motors just allows them to deliver more overall. When looking at the data someone collected about pre-orders a few months ago, there didn't seem to be that many dual-motor pre-orders. So, it might be a way to get one earlier.

DJ24

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Clubs

Hello,

Estimated Delivery
May - June 2023

Adventure Package
Dual-Motor AWD
Large pack
LA Silver
21" Road wheels

I was not expecting my estimate to be this early and it's been causing me stress. But what I really want to know is...

I was also 2024 on the October delivery estimate release then bumped up to May-June ‘23 on January estimates. Seems like a change in timing on their dual motor production (which they are already manufacturing). I am like you and still a little skeptical but figured the April delivery estimates will provide more clarity if May-June is realistic or not. The people who were invited to configure their R1Ts, it says mid-2023 availability for dual motor so makes me think they are making the dual available sooner rather than later (especially since right now the dual is only going into the EDV and Amazon only wants 10,000 this year).

Added: I also assume focus from now until end of March is build and deliver as many vehicles as possible. And there will be some announcement in April about dual motor, max pack, etc

Last edited:

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
But was that timing for Max Pack specifically? OP has the Large pack.

MuskOxFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (selling), Porsche Taycan
Occupation
Tech
Hello,

Estimated Delivery
May - June 2023

Adventure Package
Dual-Motor AWD
Large pack
LA Silver
21" Road wheels

I don't get it. I'm a July 2021 reservation holder for a quad-motor R1S and I have a mid 2024 delivery date. I'm in a major market. How could Rivian be delivering dual motors a YEAR before mine?

Sponsored

OP
OP

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I don't get it. I'm a July 2021 reservation holder for a quad-motor R1S and I have a mid 2024 delivery date. I'm in a major market. How could Rivian be delivering dual motors a YEAR before mine?
It seems like they brought up some dual motor estimates. My first estimate was 2024. There's at least a couple possible reasons (my speculation):
1. They are supply constrained with quad-motors
2. They make better margins with the dual-motors and want to make more money more quickly
3. They're making so few dual-motors that it doesn't effect the quad-motor deliveries much (and the above)

yourgrace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
@usofrob
Can you please share more details about the binding contract? I reserved a dual-motor R1S w/ Large pack on Sep 2022. However, IIRC, I didn't sign a binding contract. No delivery estimates for me yet.

I am contemplating if I should wait longer as dual motor deliveries estimates are coming out now or just go with another SUV and come back to R1S with a max pack

OP
OP

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
@usofrob
Can you please share more details about the binding contract? I reserved a dual-motor R1S w/ Large pack on Sep 2022. However, IIRC, I didn't sign a binding contract. No delivery estimates for me yet.

I am contemplating if I should wait longer as dual motor deliveries estimates are coming out now or just go with another SUV and come back to R1S with a max pack
The binding contract is only applicable if you made your reservation before the IRA bill was passed on 2022-Aug-16. It's purpose was to help lock in the ability to get the $7500 tax credit under the old rules. Rivian is suggesting it may work, but it hasn't really been tested yet. Since you made your reservation in September, it is not applicable to you.
Sponsored