First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention. People lover to talk about delivery estimates. Maybe the people on this forum are not the typical dual-motor reservation holders as they didn't offer that at first. And/or there aren't that many dual-motor reservations.
Sponsored

OP
OP

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I don't get it either. That's why I started this thread.

DJ24

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Clubs

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention. People lover to talk about delivery estimates. Maybe the people on this forum are not the typical dual-motor reservation holders as they didn't offer that at first. And/or there aren't that many dual-motor reservations.
I think there was just a very small window post price-hike (March 2022) and pre-pre order without configuration (May 2022) that there aren’t many with a configured dual motor reservation. Pre price hike reservations have to pay more for a dual motor so they have no incentive to change from quad. I think I only configured a dual motor because I was originally Explorer trim but they got discontinued in I think October 2022.

KC_R1S

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Optometrist
I am one of those in that small window. Reserved a dual motor RIS on 3/20/22 and have May/June 2023 estimate as well as others on this thread.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Either way it means more volume in deliveries so that's great. I'm July 22 so no eta at all but hoping for a dual motor one day.

Sponsored

Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

There is no option to select max pack or enhanced version when you are on configuration studio for R1S.

alextakesphotos

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / 911
New member here. I have a May 2022 reservation for dual motor with a May-June 2023 delivery. I am hoping this is accurate since the lease on my current vehicle was up in Feb and I extended it 6 more months.

KC_R1S

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Optometrist
New member here. I have a May 2022 reservation for dual motor with a May-June 2023 delivery. I am hoping this is accurate since the lease on my current vehicle was up in Feb and I extended it 6 more months.
There should be a new delivery update at the end of the month (since they do that quarterly), so I'm anxious to see it it has changed at all from May/June for me as well.

Last edited:

allisgoodman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
I am in the same boat with a post-March configuration of an R1S. It's dual-motor with large pack. Also has 2023 May-June estimate window. Wondering what the estimate will be with the new delivery update at the end of this Month.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Just for reference my window was Dec-Jan received my truck late March. My wife’s lease was up in end of Jan so we chose to buy out the lease instead of extending it and sold it once the Rivian came in. YMMV, but I wouldn’t put tremendous weight in the estimates.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I don't get it. I'm a July 2021 reservation holder for a quad-motor R1S and I have a mid 2024 delivery date. I'm in a major market. How could Rivian be delivering dual motors a YEAR before mine?
Profit

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just don't be surprised if delivery dates are extended....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

There should be a new delivery update at the end of the month (since they do thqt quarterly), so I'm anxious to see it it has changed at all from May/June for me as well.
In 3 more adventurous weeks

OP
OP

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
There was recent information given implying they had supply chain issues with the quad motor. So, having dual motor will allow them to ship more vehicles, and it might not have much effect on the delivery rate of the quad motors. Their factory is still underutilized by a lot.

So, of those of us that'll be getting our dual motor R1* first, who's going to get it on YouTube to compare with someone's Quad Motor?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

There was recent information given implying they had supply chain issues with the quad motor. So, having dual motor will allow them to ship more vehicles, and it might not have much effect on the delivery rate of the quad motors. Their factory is still underutilized by a lot.

So, of those of us that'll be getting our dual motor R1* first, who's going to get it on YouTube to compare with someone's Quad Motor?
I don't think there are issues specifically with quad motors, just that the dual motors require less of the parts that are still supply constrained (chips) and therefore can be produced in greater volume.
Sponsored