First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
I ordered my R1T LE in November 2020, much later than many on this forum. I just made it into the LE window. I was scheduled for a May/June delivery window. I was shocked to get an email about my guide contact on Friday, April 30th and even more shocked to schedule a call for 6pm EST that day. While on the phone with my guide I gave her 4 color choices, all with BM interior. As she was about to hang up with me she said "hold on for a second", and found a vehicle that met my original criteria except no spare tire. I took it! I signed the PBA that night and had my 8 steps within hours. I received my trade appraisal on Monday, May 2nd, and unfortunately it was well below KBB and CarMax. I was able to go into my online account with Statefarm and transfer my insurance from my 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance to the Rivian. My insurance went up only $12/month. I even received my insurance card (required in the 8 steps) online from Statefarm. With the 8 steps completed we scheduled "at home" delivery in a park in Orlando 2 days later. They would have sent the R1T to me on a flatbed to Tampa but I would have to wait a couple of weeks for that. No brainer, road trip to Orlando!

Wednesday at 9:30am, my R1T arrived at Heroes Park in Orlando with 2 guides in it. One was my delivery guide and the other was a trainee. The vehicle looked spectacular. This was our first in person look at the Rivian. It was everything I had hoped for and more. My only negative was that it was not detailed nor even washed that well. I stepped on the gear tunnel step only to find the roof encrusted with dirt. I believe that someone took a hose to the vehicle (except the roof) and rinsed it off prior to delivery. I have 10 items for service to address with 7 of them being cosmetic. The service request process is simple and convenient. I have received a phone call from a service advisor within a day after each request is initiated. They are trying to determine a date to have everything fixed at the same time since I am 70 miles away. It needs some body shop work (paint and buffing) plus some shop work. They claim to be able to either flatbed it in (takes longer to schedule) or I bring it to them and drop off for an Enterprise loaner.

All in all, I love the vehicle. I am scheduled to have full frontal PPF and window tint installed in 3 weeks. My shop claims to have the templates in their system already. Still shocked that I went 5 days from 1st guide contact to delivery.

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery! 6f381800-fbbe-413a-9487-51a63430cd93-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery! 0a7d40fc-0a30-4616-b2f0-f4282dadda2d-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery! 60462dfc-24ee-4423-a801-195411256dc9-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery! 600e9a35-a84d-4f10-a41e-f8a28bba44d6-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery! 772c29a4-b712-4e0b-ae7e-5dd40a8a79a9-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery! 0fad4b78-3b87-4fb5-845d-c5b2f8fffabd-jpe
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Congrats! Please share some pictures!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I ordered my R1T LE in November 2020, much later than many on this forum. I just made it into the LE window. I was scheduled for a May/June delivery window. I was shocked to get an email about my guide contact on Friday, April 30th and even more shocked to schedule a call for 6pm EST that day. While on the phone with my guide I gave her 4 color choices, all with BM interior. As she was about to hang up with me she said "hold on for a second", and found a vehicle that met my original criteria except no spare tire. I took it! I signed the PBA that night and had my 8 steps within hours. I received my trade appraisal on Monday, May 2nd, and unfortunately it was well below KBB and CarMax. I was able to go into my online account with Statefarm and transfer my insurance from my 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance to the Rivian. My insurance went up only $12/month. I even received my insurance card (required in the 8 steps) online from Statefarm. With the 8 steps completed we scheduled "at home" delivery in a park in Orlando 2 days later. They would have sent the R1T to me on a flatbed to Tampa but I would have to wait a couple of weeks for that. No brainer, road trip to Orlando!
Wednesday at 9:30am, my R1T arrived at Heroes Park in Orlando with 2 guides in it. One was my delivery guide and the other was a trainee. The vehicle looked spectacular. This was our first in person look at the Rivian. It was everything I had hoped for and more. My only negative was that it was not detailed nor even washed that well. I stepped on the gear tunnel step only to find the roof encrusted with dirt. I believe that someone took a hose to the vehicle (except the roof) and rinsed it off prior to delivery. I have 10 items for service to address with 7 of them being cosmetic. The service request process is simple and convenient. I have received a phone call from a service advisor within a day after each request is initiated. They are trying to determine a date to have everything fixed at the same time since I am 70 miles away. It needs some body shop work (paint and buffing) plus some shop work. They claim to be able to either flatbed it in (takes longer to schedule) or I bring it to them and drop off for an Enterprise loaner.
All in all, I love the vehicle. I am scheduled to have full frontal PPF and window tint installed in 3 weeks. My shop claims to have the templates in their system already. Still shocked that I went 5 days from 1st guide contact to delivery.
Great guides are out there

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Pictures, please! Congrats! What are your cosmetic issues?

OP
OP

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

Sponsored

OP
OP

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Pictures, please! Congrats! What are your cosmetic issues?
1. Paint defect on front passenger door sill. Rivian guide had this on their “we owe” sheet along with my spare tire, key wrist band and all accessories.
2. Paint chip on passenger rear door lower panel.
3. It is currently “love bug” season in central Florida. They must have let the dead bugs sit on the front hood and then they leach into the clear coat. They can be buffed out.
4. Looks like LG paint smear on my rear bumper. Makes me wonder if they did touch up somewhere nearby.
5. 2 small scratches on left side of rear bumper.
6. Small tear/defect on interior drivers door, near speaker.
7. 1” scratch on exterior windshield. Very light, should buff out.

Sounds a lot worse then it is. All can be easily fixed by a competent body shop and with proper parts. Luckily no drivability issues!

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Congrats! If you found 10 service items on day 1....take another day or 2 to look it over before sending it off....also wash the vehicle thoroughly so you don't miss anything....one thing I should have done. Its crazy to me that they show up dirty...what's the whole PDI for then?

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

It showing up dirty is strange. But I love to hand wash a car so I'm fine doing that the first week or so.

Thanks @FL_EV for the details!

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

@FL_EV I see the May flies or Clydesdale breed Horseflies are loving sport mode
Rivian R1T R1S Delivery! 1651852984412

rajiv.shahi

First Name
Rajiv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee - 2012, BMW 440i - 2018
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I am struck on the mileage information on financing step and getting no response from guide from last 2 days, any advice?

Sponsored

OP
OP

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I am struck on the mileage information on financing step and getting no response from guide from last 2 days, any advice?
I found that the best way to communicate with my guide was texting. I usually got a response in less than an hour, sometimes minutes.

rajiv.shahi

First Name
Rajiv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee - 2012, BMW 440i - 2018
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I found that the best way to communicate with my guide was texting. I usually got a response in less than an hour, sometimes minutes.
Thanks for the tip though not having success with SMS, I get failure notice but was finally able to get hold of him and was able to finish financing and insurance.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Very strange that they didn't just have you take delivery at the service center and instead at a park 20 min away from there. It's not like the service center location is super secret.

OP
OP

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Very strange that they didn't just have you take delivery at the service center and instead at a park 20 min away from there. It's not like the service center location is super secret.
They said it has to do with their lack of a Florida dealer license. Tesla did the same thing in their inception.