First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Mercedes SL550, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
retired
My 39 month journey with Rivian has almost come to it’s end. I would like to vent a bit.

I’ve completed the 8 steps. Unfortunately Rivian seems to have collected payment twice, but apparently that was just a “bug” in their system. Their going to fix it.

Delivery is scheduled for Friday the 13th at my home.

Shortly before delivery my guide tells me that the delivery has been postponed. I have the option of picking up my vehicle at a children’s soccer field in South Orlando (144 mile round trip through tourist infested Orlando). I live in the Daytona Beach area.

OR, they will deliver it via Flatbed in a week. Using the Rivian calendar that may mean early June. Unfortunately my Rivian cannot be picked up by me at the Orlando Service Center. (licensing issue)

I was never a fan of the conventional Dealer model of auto sales. Didn’t enjoy the experience of sitting at a desk with the salesman… looking at his little league pictures and hearing him say “what’s it going to take to make this deal happen?). I’m really frustrated. I thought Rivian would be better.

I changed from Ocean Coast to BM interior so I could get my truck this year. (3/5/2019 reservation). I really wanted OC but I understand the problems they’re having.They quickly advised me that a truck matching my order was available in Orlando for immediate delivery. Just complete the steps and pay us. Did that…

BTW, I’ve recently experienced an Orlando Tesla purchase and it was flawless.

Currently texting with my guide to determine what my options are.
They can drive it over from the Service Center (70 miles), but I guess I’m a little bit funny that way…. a brand new $80,000 car needs to be driven it’s first few miles by it’s owner. Seems like Rivian advertised that…..
Hopefully my guide will find some way to get the car to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Looks like my 39 month journey may end up at auction. If the buying experience is like this I wonder what happens when the tonneau cover breaks.

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery cancelled, Charged twice purchase-summary

Rivian R1T R1S Delivery cancelled, Charged twice delivery_friday
Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Hang in there man. Finish line is visible.

Either delivery option is fine, though I'd want it on Friday the 13th. I'm sure they'll correct the overpayment.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Sometimes people get sick? Or trucks breakdown?

I'm sure you'll get it soon.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I will drive to Orlando to pick it up for you.

My delivery was canceled because Rivian damaged the truck during the final PDI. Now I'm waiting for any news on when it will get repaired and delivered.

As my guide emailed me, "I am sorry that your delivery experience is not how you expected it to be."

Last edited:

Sponsored

Twistedlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia, Yukon XL, Volvo S60
Same boat as Rhidan. Delivery canceled 12 hours before pick up- found an issue that requires it to go to Body shop. Been waiting a week to even get an estimate on when it will be IN the body shop, let alone a new estimate for delivery. Already paid for the truck, now just waiting in line again. Frustrating, but also need to remind myself this is the risk with a start up.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Just let them drive it the 70mi to you, if that’s what gets it to you soonest.

I found my last car at a dealer that was 300+ miles away. Shipping would’ve. Taken weeks to get an available transport. My car broker used a licensed/bonded etc commercial driver to bring the car down.

it was fine. Granted, $60k gas car not $80k electric truck.🤗

you will never be the first person to put miles on a new car unless you manage to drive it off the line yourself.

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

My 39 month journey with Rivian has almost come to it’s end. I would like to vent a bit.

I’ve completed the 8 steps. Unfortunately Rivian seems to have collected payment twice, but apparently that was just a “bug” in their system. Their going to fix it.

Delivery is scheduled for Friday the 13th at my home.

Shortly before delivery my guide tells me that the delivery has been postponed. I have the option of picking up my vehicle at a children’s soccer field in South Orlando (144 mile round trip through tourist infested Orlando). I live in the Daytona Beach area.

OR, they will deliver it via Flatbed in a week. Using the Rivian calendar that may mean early June. Unfortunately my Rivian cannot be picked up by me at the Orlando Service Center. (licensing issue)

I was never a fan of the conventional Dealer model of auto sales. Didn’t enjoy the experience of sitting at a desk with the salesman… looking at his little league pictures and hearing him say “what’s it going to take to make this deal happen?). I’m really frustrated. I thought Rivian would be better.

I changed from Ocean Coast to BM interior so I could get my truck this year. (3/5/2019 reservation). I really wanted OC but I understand the problems they’re having.They quickly advised me that a truck matching my order was available in Orlando for immediate delivery. Just complete the steps and pay us. Did that…

Currently texting with my guide to determine what my options are.
They can drive it over from the Service Center (70 miles), but I guess I’m a little bit funny that way…. a brand new $80,000 car needs to be driven it’s first few miles by it’s owner. Seems like Rivian advertised that…..
Hopefully my guide will find some way to get the car to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Looks like my 39 month journey may end up at auction. If the buying experience is like this I wonder what happens when the tonneau cover breaks.

purchase-summary.jpg

delivery_friday.jpg
id faint if i saw that down payment figure on my account

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
They can drive it over from the Service Center (70 miles), but I guess I’m a little bit funny that way….

Sorry not sorry.

Seems like the hold up with getting you a truck is you. You've waited 3+ years for the truck, they offer to put a mfer in it and drive it to your door and you're like "naw". Come on man.

And you're so slighted by the disorganized buying experience that you'll immediately sell the truck for profit to avoid an issue you haven't even had yet? Please.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Heroes community park? I know they had someone from Tampa pickup there. It's in lake nona. Not much tourists in between Daytona and there. And Daytona isn't exactly devoid lf tourists 🙃

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

you will never be the first person to put miles on a new car unless you manage to drive it off the line yourself.
My land cruiser had 2 miles on it when I took delivery last year… that was the closest I’ve gotten…

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
My land cruiser had 2 miles on it when I took delivery last year… that was the closest I’ve gotten…
pretty good for something that came roro. Mustn’t have been loaded very far into the ship!

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Just anecdotal. I had ordered a Model X a few years back and they matched me with one about 13 hours away. I could either pick it up or wait an unknown amount of time to pick it up locally if I paid shipping costs(3000). I chose to fly down, they said it had to be within 3 days, I asked if it could be 4 so it would be on the weekend, no. I flew down, on the way they called and said they needed to delay because the falconwing door wasn’t working on passenger side. I told them I was halfway there. They said they’d call back. They said I could pick it up as is and have it fixed later. I pick it up, start 13 hour drive with my girlfriend. Every so often the passenger airbag alert would go off for 15 mins then stop. Imagine driving your 120k car 13 hours and having a constant loud chime. Also the rear passenger motor went out in a week, and immediately had to replace the half shafts🤷🏻‍♂️

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Just anecdotal. I had ordered a Model X a few years back and they matched me with one about 13 hours away. I could either pick it up or wait an unknown amount of time to pick it up locally if I paid shipping costs(3000). I chose to fly down, they said it had to be within 3 days, I asked if it could be 4 so it would be on the weekend, no. I flew down, on the way they called and said they needed to delay because the falconwing door wasn’t working on passenger side. I told them I was halfway there. They said they’d call back. They said I could pick it up as is and have it fixed later. I pick it up, start 13 hour drive with my girlfriend. Every so often the passenger airbag alert would go off for 15 mins then stop. Imagine driving your 120k car 13 hours and having a constant loud chime. Also the rear passenger motor went out in a week, and immediately had to replace the half shafts🤷🏻‍♂️
Heaven forbid if you had to wait a week for your Tesla to be delivered via flatbed!