Delay Placeholder Vehicles

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I just spent another 3K$ servicing my placeholder vehicle. I've honestly never ever had a vehicle this young that had broken front springs before.

I have no trouble being patient waiting for production. I know the semi-conductor delay is hitting everyone, and I'd rather have any early production issues sorted out first.
I'm honestly expecting delivery (subject to a test drive) spring 2022 to be summer 2022, maybe even fall.

I just bought a fat tire Ebike and am going to use that to commute, weather permitting.

BTW the continuous pop up ads every 15 seconds are annoying
Sponsored

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
I moved back to Colorado in 2017 with a Mustang GT, which was a purchase when I was living in a different climate, and goes in the garage in the winter. I *really* need a car I can use in the winter here, and was hoping to get a LE before the end of 2021.

I walk to work, but I don't think I can go another winter of bumming rides from friends/family or renting vehicles during ski season. I want to go electric, but need a vehicle that can handle Colorado.

I'm considering selling the mustang in this used car market and buying a Tacoma or 4Runner. If I do that, I probably will let my LE reservation lapse, and/or consider the 400 mile Rivian. That's a really defeating decision, because I had been so excited about this vehicle and the company. I've really lost interest based on the lack of communication and repeated delays.
Colorado here as well. I had a Model3 that was "OK" but certainly didn't go all the places I wanted to go in the mountains so I traded for a 2022 Defender 90 P400. I miss having an EV but I love the Defender and am glad I can go wherever I want again.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Chrome on Android. Haven't found one that works yet. Might need to move away from Chrome...
I use firefox on android and it integrates all plugins including ublock origin so it works pretty well!

Sponsored

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS P100D, Tesla MX 90D Unicorn, Rivian R1S
Are there even any 7 seater EVs out there? Model X is it? I'm looking at my options...

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Are there even any 7 seater EVs out there? Model X is it? I'm looking at my options...
Well, technically there's the Model Y but in reality those 3rd rows are for small children or dogs., otherwise there are no production vehicle options other than Model X. R1S is supposed to be the next one. Then there is a slew of them after that: VW, Hummer, Volvo, Mercedes, Lucid. Theres some options from China but they are not available in the States..

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, technically there's the Model Y but in reality those 3rd rows are for small children or dogs., otherwise there are no production vehicle options other than Model X. R1S is supposed to be the next one. Then there is a slew of them after that: VW, Hummer, Volvo, Mercedes, Lucid. Theres some options from China but they are not available in the States..
Wish I had a timeline on when I'll get my R1S. Ordered last week. I've got some time before I really need a car, but that'll be early next year when my want switches to need.

discsinthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
I moved back to Colorado in 2017 with a Mustang GT, which was a purchase when I was living in a different climate, and goes in the garage in the winter. I *really* need a car I can use in the winter here, and was hoping to get a LE before the end of 2021.

I walk to work, but I don't think I can go another winter of bumming rides from friends/family or renting vehicles during ski season. I want to go electric, but need a vehicle that can handle Colorado.

I'm considering selling the mustang in this used car market and buying a Tacoma or 4Runner. If I do that, I probably will let my LE reservation lapse, and/or consider the 400 mile Rivian. That's a really defeating decision, because I had been so excited about this vehicle and the company. I've really lost interest based on the lack of communication and repeated delays.
Have you thought about snow tires? For the money, they seem like the best upgrade for handling winter in CO. For me, they added way more confidence in winter than going from a FWD to AWD.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Chrome on Android. Haven't found one that works yet. Might need to move away from Chrome...
Edge on Android has built-in content blockers.

Sponsored

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

Crazy that this thread popped up for me today since I just went into a Ford Dealer yesterday and put a payment down on a Mustang Mach E GT.

They don't know the ship dates for the GT yet so I'm still hoping the R1T is built first but I'll probably go with whichever is first.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Wish I had a timeline on when I'll get my R1S. Ordered last week. I've got some time before I really need a car, but that'll be early next year when my want switches to need.
Hilbe, if you ordered last week it's highly unlikely you get into an R1S early next year. Late 2022 or sometime in 2023 is more likely. Unless money is no object and you have a few billion $$$ to fool with like Jeff B. then you can get a whole fleet of them sOOn!

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hilbe, if you ordered last week it's highly unlikely you get into an R1S early next year. Late 2022 or sometime in 2023 is more likely. Unless money is no object and you have a few billion $$$ to fool with like Jeff B. then you can get a whole fleet of them sOOn!
Yeah, I'm hopeful but I may end up with a Model Y with 3rd row or I'm hoping Tesla finally makes the Model S with the jump seats again.

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Switching to the 2022 Raptor. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
Same here, but purchased a Raptor in 2019 to replace a 20+ year old F150 as I realized that we'd have to wait awhile for the R1T. Problem is the Raptor is an awesome truck in every regard. It's made me think twice (often) about my decision to put faith in an unproven startup. For now I will stay the course with my R1T until I get a chance for a test drive, but it's really going to have to shine to beat out the Raptor. Just sayin'.
Sponsored