Sponsored

Delay Placeholder Vehicles

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
I sold my Ram awhile back in anticipation of my R1T showing up relatively early in the delivery process (April 2019 preorder) until more details came to light on how deliveries will actually occur. I was driving my soon to be 16 year old daughters car which she would like to have back so I picked up a Wrangler 4xe JLU (man I wish they would have made the range even 50/60 miles instead of the 27). I’m still holding on with my reservation for now but I’m not sure if that will hold or not.

Rivian R1T R1S Delay Placeholder Vehicles 3389B665-DD9E-42F3-8F04-BE5FC2FF8ADF
Sponsored

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I've had thoughts about dropping the LE (which I am worried will have manufacturing issues like my Model X did) and upgrading it to the 400-mile variant which will probably delay me until 2023 since I pre-ordered late and getting something else in the meantime.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
These are good options, the M5 which is my DD until I get something else, goes in the garage for the winter.

I naively thought I would have the Rivian before winter 2021 so I might need to just sell the M5 in this hot used car market and wait for a better option than Rivian is giving me. As we emerge from the pandemic I am actually going to need a daily driver.

I think RJ's letter was too little too late for me...

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Delay Placeholder Vehicles C5E12223-705C-4D69-AED2-B75E5765EF82

Picked this up a couple weeks ago, traded in my GC Trailhawk for more than I bought it for last year.

Have a Launch Edition (NOV 2020) reservation, but have been enjoying this JLUR so much we’ll see where I’m at next year…

Sponsored

WheeledLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Juiced HyperScorpion
Occupation
Thinker
I've had thoughts about dropping the LE (which I am worried will have manufacturing issues like my Model X did) and upgrading it to the 400-mile variant which will probably delay me until 2023 since I pre-ordered late and getting something else in the meantime.
That's something to think about. Like my wise Grandpa once told me...When I peeked behind the door of my butcher shop, I stopped eating bratwurst.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Still in progress of selling my 2011 Saab 9-4X Unicorn leaving me with my Ioniq EV and Alfa Giulia Quad as my fleet.

The R1S will replace the Ioniq whenever the time comes but hoping its before November of 2022 as that's when my lease is up.

Rivian R1T R1S Delay Placeholder Vehicles sapanSaablarge~2

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I moved back to Colorado in 2017 with a Mustang GT, which was a purchase when I was living in a different climate, and goes in the garage in the winter. I *really* need a car I can use in the winter here, and was hoping to get a LE before the end of 2021.

I walk to work, but I don't think I can go another winter of bumming rides from friends/family or renting vehicles during ski season. I want to go electric, but need a vehicle that can handle Colorado.

I'm considering selling the mustang in this used car market and buying a Tacoma or 4Runner. If I do that, I probably will let my LE reservation lapse, and/or consider the 400 mile Rivian. That's a really defeating decision, because I had been so excited about this vehicle and the company. I've really lost interest based on the lack of communication and repeated delays.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Have a Launch Edition (NOV 2020) reservation, but have been enjoying this JLUR so much we’ll see where I’m at next year…
Congrats on the JLUR, Wranglers are awesome! I love that color too.

I actually have half a mind to buy & upgrade a 4xe, but I'm not quite there yet. I continue to hear great things about them...

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Fortunately I did not sell my low mileage 2017 Canyon back to the dealer a month ago when they offered me over 85% of what I paid for it new. I figured the R1T would show up by Fall, but now I have to plan on bolting the winter wheels/tires back onto the Canyon and wait for the R1T to show up next Spring/Summer/?.

If the E-150 shows up my local dealer first I will probably go that route, even though the R1T is a better size for me.

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
Like everyone I was optimistic about receiving my R1T this summer as I was really looking forward to a new truck. Have had my Tundra for almost 10 years and told myself this is it even though not one problem with my truck and runs like I just bought it yesterday. Rivian announced delivery in June and I got so excited. But then reality set in…… not looking like until the end of the year even though I am Dec 2018 pre order and live in Florida.

but then the news came out about the new Tundra which has peaked my interest. Still waiting to hear about whether or not the tundra will be a plug in hybrid. If that is the case I might be very interested.

They are talking about the new Tundras being available by the end of the year. So I am going to wait and see which one will be available first…. Not sure why but have a feeling the Tundra will be ready before the Rivian….

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Congrats on the JLUR, Wranglers are awesome! I love that color too.

I actually have half a mind to buy & upgrade a 4xe, but I'm not quite there yet. I continue to hear great things about them...
Thanks, Skyote! I had a 13 JK for 4yrs and loved it. When we got the first delay back in May, I went ahead and started searching for a Wrangler to replace my GC, knowing I wont be getting a Rivian for awhile, due to my back of the line 2020 Preorder haha.

These JLUR are amazing! I am happy driving this while waiting (patiently) for the Rivians to start delivering. I gotta get this thing up to Marble Falls!

The 4xe's have had some pretty stellar reviews on them so far. I wish the electric mileage was better (only 27mi or so), as I would've gone with that. I got the 2.0L Turbo Mild-Hybrid with the oversized battery under the passenger seat and the ESS (electronic start stop) and its a fast little machine and pulls around 19mpg in the city, even with my lift and 35s!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Its definitely on the "soft-side" of being any kind of true adventure vehicle. Picked up this RAV4-Prime PHEV mainly so I can take my e-mountain bike to more distant places. Previously had just a sedan which limited me to nearby ride-out to trails. Now I can get a bit off the beaten path and enjoy more of the diverse trails available in southern California.

This plug-in hybrid RAV4 is AWD by way of electric-only motor (55 hp) powering the rear wheels. Combined power a tick over 300 HP with instant-on torque makes it quite peppy and fun to drive. The battery pack is slung low beneath the rear bench contributing to a solid and stable on-road feel. Having a dedicated station recharges the battery each evening and my short commute falls well within the 40 miles of electric-only propulsion. So far sips fuel at just over 70 mpg in actual use mileage having rolled past 1,000 miles on the odometer.

Rivian R1T R1S Delay Placeholder Vehicles RAV4-Prime photo