I'm actively negotiating the price for a demo Mach E now. Wish me luck! :sun:
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Wish I had a timeline on when I'll get my R1S. Ordered last week. I've got some time before I really need a car, but that'll be early next year when my want switches to need.
Yeah, if you ordered last week, don't hold your breath for next year. Unless folks stop dropping like flies or Rivian figures out how to scale very quickly, you aint seeing it until 2023. And the former is more likely than the latter.

Richland Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ 2022 Volvo XC60
Although very frustrated with the delays and lack of communication, I also accept that I am buying a first run vehicle. Along with the allure of being one of the first there is the reality of delays. Decided that my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 200+k miles isn't all in on another ski season (kind of like my right knee). With a July 2019 R1S reservation I am not expecting my R1S until after ski season. Broke down and did a Volvo Care subscription on a XC60. The minimum 5 months maximum 24 months made it a great fit as a placeholder. Now if only there was a subscription service for knees!

Sponsored

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm actively negotiating the price for a demo Mach E now. Wish me luck! :sun:
You wonā€™t regret it! I got actual money for my 2012 Expedition that needed at least $4k of work done on it, and leased a Mach-E. Iā€™ll either transfer it to my wife or swap it for the R1S when my turn comes.

The Mach-E is the most fun Iā€™ve had with a car in a long, long time.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Pulled the trigger on a low miles 2019 Raptor earlier this week! Happy so far!
Did the same on a 2018 back in 2019. Couldn't be happier. What a machine. It's the most comfortable and versatile truck I've ever driven. Almost bought a CPO MB SL550 but really needed a truck. Now I have the best of both worlds. My wife calls it my sports-truck!
Best of luck with your Raptor. Hope you have as much fun with it as I've had. ?

UhOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf
I ordered a Volvo Care xc90 to hold us over. Extremely impressed with the car, though I wish we'd been able to get the T8 plug in hybrid. The Volvo Care lease seems like a great deal if the lease is only 5-8 months. Much less a great deal if we have to ride out the full 24 months...

So, can I ask readers on this thread what a sensible expected delivery date is for R1S LE holders, mid 2020 order? I had thought RJ's latest communication and guide contacts indicated that late LE holders like me should expect something in early 2022. But a few comments on this thread make me think that's naive. What is the latest thinking? (And please don't say "soon"!)

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I ordered a Volvo Care xc90 to hold us over. Extremely impressed with the car, though I wish we'd been able to get the T8 plug in hybrid. The Volvo Care lease seems like a great deal if the lease is only 5-8 months. Much less a great deal if we have to ride out the full 24 months...

So, can I ask readers on this thread what a sensible expected delivery date is for R1S LE holders, mid 2020 order? I had thought RJ's latest communication and guide contacts indicated that late LE holders like me should expect something in early 2022. But a few comments on this thread make me think that's naive. What is the latest thinking? (And please don't say "soon"!)
End of 2022 maybe Early 2023.

UhOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf
End of 2022 maybe Early 2023.
Kanundrum: thanks so much for your reply and your efforts on the forum more generally; I've benefited from them. I just 'liked' your reply, but I do not actually like the content! I trust your judgment, but what explains your estimate? Hasn't the whole thing been moved back six months (first deliveries June --> November) so if I was initially going to get my R1S at the end of 2021, now I'd be getting it six months later? Or is the logic just that after so many delays, you'd be crazy not to build in extra delays in any estimate at this point?

In any event, I think I'm going to buy a T8 XC90, if I can find one with air suspension.
Sponsored