Sponsored

Dear Rivian...R1T WISHLIST BELOW

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
A digital rear view mirror so I can see what's behind me when I am carrying a large load like the rooftop tent mounted on the truck bed (factory option) which will completely block your rearward vision...Alternately, a cheaper method would be allowing driver to turn on the rear facing camera while driving (à la Tesla) and use it to replace to rear view mirror...
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Massaging seats.

Cooled wireless phone chargers that are side mounted to the console like the E-tron. Uses no space then.

Top down view.

Android auto. Mostly to access media apps on my phone. I don't care about mapping so much.

And (I'm guessing) faster DC charging.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Side walls seem to be the weak link in the videos posted of flats.
Riviandog,

I agree. I remember Zach of JerryRigEverything (nm?), with cameras rolling, striking the top edge/side of a tall, sharp rock with the outside of the front driver's tire. Rather than striking the rock with the tires threadface, the sidewall impacted the sharp rock and pinched the sidewall into the rim, gouging the wheels bead surface and scathed up the side of the wheel as well. All of this resulted in a well-captured and nicely-documented sidewall blowout.

I didn't notice the approach to that rock and whether taking it more head on would have prevented the side gouge that resulted in the blowout, but that's why we carry spares.

Hopefully, the plethora of cameras aimed at the trail and the tires' paths will guide us toward the best track to help us avoid hitting objects in a way likely dangerous to the wheel/tire unit.

Let's keep rollin'!

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
1)Please give us energy consumption displays, graphs, odometer tables in natural units (Wh/mi) instead of something ridiculous like Mpge.

2)Please give us energy consumption displays, graphs, odometer tables in natural units (Wh/mi) instead of something ridiculous like Mpge.

3)Please give us energy consumption displays, graphs, odometer tables in natural units (Wh/mi) instead of something ridiculous like Mpge.

Etc.
So close...

Rivian R1T R1S Dear Rivian...R1T WISHLIST BELOW Screenshot_20211002-215701_YouTube

Rivian R1T R1S Dear Rivian...R1T WISHLIST BELOW Screenshot_20211002-215717_YouTube

Rivian R1T R1S Dear Rivian...R1T WISHLIST BELOW Screenshot_20211002-215728_YouTube

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Two things about that display are very bothersome. The first is that there are no numbers on the graph or slider. The second is that the efficiency number that is presented in in mi/kWh which is pretty useless if you don't have kWh info handy. What I really fear is that Rivian (and Tesla - I just noticed that the numbers have been taken off the power meter) are trying to dumb things down to increase public acceptance just as the ICE OEMs replaced the gauges with "idiot lights" in the days of yore. This is devastating to the geeky types who, I fear, may be the only types drawn to these vehicles at the moment.

Out of curiosity I did a poll here asking for member preference. About 5% chose mi/kWh. about 20% chose kWh/mi but the majority, 67% chose what I think is the obvious answer and that is to give the choice to the driver. I hope Rivian will give the choice to the driver.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
A digital rear view mirror so I can see what's behind me when I am carrying a large load like the rooftop tent mounted on the truck bed (factory option) which will completely block your rearward vision...Alternately, a cheaper method would be allowing driver to turn on the rear facing camera while driving (à la Tesla) and use it to replace to rear view mirror...
Seems natural that this would happen at some point.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
If you consider this confirmation. I can understand why you might not, but there is also this. When you say terrible, I'd be interested to here any details you might offer about your specific use and experience. It might help a lot of us!
BMW navigation is based on Mapbox and it simply doesn't have the breadth of data Google maps has. Routing is less efficient. I can't search something on my phone and have it pop up in my car when I get in.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Mapbox is a developer toolkit, not an end-user product. Saying it's terrible is either a critique of it's ability to satisfy developers (not particularly relevant here) or inaccurately conflating mapbox with something that another OEM built on top of it (also not terribly helpful).
So Amazon will know where I'm driving... great

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
All manufacturers... actually all companies including their competitors have or should have their eyes on user forums to gauge interest of their prospective and/or current customers. It gives them trending analysis visibility on concerns and features that impact future sales.

With that said, as a Rivian community, it might be interesting to collect features that would be good to voice to Rivian for future iterations.

If you'd like, please feel free to drop a post with interesting and desired features, software related or hardware requests. We can add polls and geographic analytics to better communicate the future of R1T enhancements.
After watching latest video on trans America trail, I'd like to have something similar to New Bronco with turn assist, locking via braking rear inner wheel for tight turns.

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
Two things about that display are very bothersome. The first is that there are no numbers on the graph or slider. The second is that the efficiency number that is presented in in mi/kWh which is pretty useless if you don't have kWh info handy. What I really fear is that Rivian (and Tesla - I just noticed that the numbers have been taken off the power meter) are trying to dumb things down to increase public acceptance just as the ICE OEMs replaced the gauges with "idiot lights" in the days of yore. This is devastating to the geeky types who, I fear, may be the only types drawn to these vehicles at the moment.

Out of curiosity I did a poll here asking for member preference. About 5% chose mi/kWh. about 20% chose kWh/mi but the majority, 67% chose what I think is the obvious answer and that is to give the choice to the driver. I hope Rivian will give the choice to the driver.
This is exactly my hope that the community RAISE these concerns and VOICE them directly to the manufacturers via the forum and threads like this one.

Sponsored

Sportsman

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5
Occupation
VP - Sales
Sirius/XM. Simply a gotta have. Bezos funding aside, Apple CarPlay I can live without; but a satellite signal for amazing programming via Sirius XM I will not.

Freerster

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, Tesla Model X P100D
Occupation
Retired
I wish that the tent rack had an option that you could rise and lower the front and back. That way when you park on a hill the tent would be level and your not sliding up or down in the tent while your sleeping.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I wish that the tent rack had an option that you could rise and lower the front and back. That way when you park on a hill the tent would be level and your not sliding up or down in the tent while your sleeping.
No need when the truck does that for you...

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
Brilliant foresight!

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
My only *must have* feature is Apple CarPlay. I don't even touch the iDrive system on my current car. It just loads up CarPlay wirelessly when I start, and I don't ever leave it. Waze, Google Maps, etc, but also better voice integration and most importantly better Apple Music integration. I am not switching to Spotify, and having bluetooth as the only option is a big step backwards. Preferably Rivian would implement it wirelessly as well, but even if wired is the only option it really needs to be there.

Nice-to-haves would be massaging front seats and a heads-up display (use both all the time), ventilated rear seats, more granular seat controls (thigh support, bolsters, headrests), rear-seat sunshades (power preferred), frunk-grille cut-out (F-150 Lightning style), power rear-glass (Tundra/4Runner style), and removable top (which is allegedly coming).

Also, I wouldn't mind an actual glovebox. Still haven't really seen an explanation for why that's missing...
Sponsored