Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
For a second, i was admiring your garage and lift, then saw the Optima logo and figured out that was a screenshot from their garage. :D

Try a breaker bar?
LOL, I wish I had a lift for this. It’s mostly fine but I’m not a skinny dude which made the panel removal pretty entertaining.

There’s a local shop in town that specializes in off-road stuff, so I’m cautiously optimistic they’ll be able to break this thing loose for me without me needing to buy a breaker bar I’ll use once. 😅
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
@obfuscurity, that impact wrench should be sufficient so she’s on there. Agree a torch isn’t the smartest, but maybe a heat gun would be enough? Maybe remove the other two hex bolts first and give the bracket a targeted hit or two CCW?
Also, a Torx TP55 plus bit is needed, not T55. Big difference.

Last edited:

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
2023-02-05 14_55_07-DCE Rivian R1T and R1S Rock Slider Product Overview_Install - YouTube.png

I don't risk stripping the bolt or the T55 bit, so I guess my next option is to take it to a local shop and ask for their assistance. I assume that putting a torch anywhere near this is a bad idea, yes?
That little 1/2" to 3/8" adapter you have absorbs a LOT more torque than you imagine. Guessing you got it but if not you may have to break it loose by hand.

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got back from the shop. They were successfully able to break that bolt loose. I had them go ahead and loosen (and re-tighten to 100 lb-ft) all four of those bolts mounted to the brackets, since those seemed to be the hardest to remove.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Just got back from the shop. They were successfully able to break that bolt loose. I had them go ahead and loosen (and re-tighten to 100 lb-ft) all four of those bolts mounted to the brackets, since those seemed to be the hardest to remove.
How did they do it? Asking because I'm sure others will have the same issue.

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Breaker bar. I don't have specifics beyond that (did he use the DCE-supplied TP55 bit or one of their own, i.e. 1/2" vs 3/8").
@obfuscurity Did you finish the installation? If so, I'm sure most of us would love to see some post-installation photos!

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
looking forward to the end result. These are the best slider options I've seen and hoping to pick up a set soon.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

looking forward to the end result. These are the best slider options I've seen and hoping to pick up a set soon.
Agreed. These seem to be great quality.

I'm pretty interested, too - especially after I think they published no detectable range impact after much testing?

I just have some house project expenses that are taking priority right now, but if there is ever that group buy briefly referenced in the past, I'll probably pull the trigger.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Agreed. These seem to be great quality.

I'm pretty interested, too - especially after I think they published no detectable range impact after much testing?

I just have some house project expenses that are taking priority right now, but if there is ever that group buy briefly referenced in the past, I'll probably pull the trigger.
I wouldn't anticipate any significant range impact. But like you, I'd like to see a little more info on the install before I drop that kind of cash. A group discount would make a big difference.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I wouldn't anticipate any significant range impact. But like you, I'd like to see a little more info on the install before I drop that kind of cash. A group discount would make a big difference.
….like they promised! They don't seem acknowledge it anymore though.

Not sure where that information originated from. Something may have been taken out of context. We will have a group buy and there will be a minimum. We are evaluating capacity and timing for an estimated orders and will have an official deal to offer soon.

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The quality is indeed excellent. Although it appears that Rivian might have made some subtle changes in the underbody hole locations (the two M10 / 15mm head bolts provided by DCE went unused in my case), the end result was exactly what I was hoping for. Grip is excellent and the wife loves them. She even hopped in with the truck still at full height without even realizing it. 😄

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_7683.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_7684.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_7685.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_7686.JPEG

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've communicated with DCE regarding the hole changes and unused hardware, along with my VIN number. I stand by these sliders but I also look forward to DCE updating their install video and included parts to reflect the possible redesign(s) from Rivian.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
The quality is indeed excellent. Although it appears that Rivian might have made some subtle changes in the underbody hole locations (the two M10 / 15mm head bolts provided by DCE went unused in my case), the end result was exactly what I was hoping for. Grip is excellent and the wife loves them. She even hopped in with the truck still at full height without even realizing it. 😄

IMG_7683.JPEG
IMG_7684.JPEG
IMG_7685.JPEG
IMG_7686.JPEG
Can't for mine to be shipped. Once I saw the how clean the underside looked, i decided to buy. Thanks for posting pics
Sponsored