Sponsored

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T , Tesla Model 3
Not sure what you’re saying that. They’ve been responsive so far, I would just like for them to address these issues when they can.
Because this is a serious concern. It does not matter what kind of event they are at, they should prioritize looking into this.
Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I haven't heard from anyone.
That’s disappointing. Among the available options, I’m still most interested in these, but now I need clarification on the torque settings, hole changes, and unused hardware issues you identified. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Have you tested them off road yet?

Group Buy option would probably put me over the top to place an order (hint, hint).

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
That’s disappointing. Among the available options, I’m still most interested in these, but now I need clarification on the torque settings, hole changes, and unused hardware issues you identified. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Have you tested them off road yet?

Group Buy option would probably put me over the top to place an order (hint, hint).
I went with the group to Green Ridge State Park last weekend, but that route wasn't much of a test for sliders. I probably won't have the opportunity for some time to come, but we've been loving them as running boards.

Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

I've communicated with DCE regarding the hole changes and unused hardware, along with my VIN number. I stand by these sliders but I also look forward to DCE updating their install video and included parts to reflect the possible redesign(s) from Rivian.
I notice the edges of the plates look silver... does the finish come off or are my eyes deceiving me?

Also, now that they are installed, is most of the exposed metal from the plates being removed covered?

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
I notice the edges of the plates look silver... does the finish come off or are my eyes deceiving me?

Also, now that they are installed, is most of the exposed metal from the plates being removed covered?
Your eyes are deceiving you, it’s all powder coated black.

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delay in response to the questions regarding the torque specs for the sliders. We have been on the road for the past two weeks and have had little access to the forums. With that being said, it seems that there is variation on the hardware that's used on these vehicles, and we have cleared up the torque specs for the required bolts and are in the process of fixing the YouTube video on the installation.

The correct specs for torque are the following:

TP55: 95 ft-lbs
Hex Bolt: 55 ft-lbs

If anyone needs any questions answered or have customer service requests, the forums are not the ideal way to get in touch with us. We do have a number that you can reach our CS department at Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM PST.

1 (877) 934-7832
[email protected]

Thanks again for your patience and continued support!

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
Has anyone other than @obfuscurity on this forum received and installed a set of these @DCE sliders? Seems odd that I'm not seeing others?
I received mine today. Has the revised "stealth" top plate where DCE is quite a bit smaller. Looks awesome!

They look incredibly well made, and the texture of the powder coat is fantastic. Will try to install them tomorrow with the new torque specs!

Sponsored

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wanted to add my experience to this thread. I differ from @obfuscurity in having the reinforced underbody shield and having the "stealth" top plate revision.

I managed to install these last night in a few hours by myself
  1. Easy to pull off the panels and clips per instructions using a long flathead and a pick. No clips broken!
  2. No issues with impact wrench removal of TP55 or 17mm screws.
  3. Was able to mount the sliders by myself (note, make sure all of the TP55s are only out that 1/2" before sliding it in, except for the 2 at the front that are removed completely. I didn't do that at first and realized I had to slide the slider off again to put it on. Also the last 2 in the rear don't need removal).
  4. Used revised torque specs 95 and 55ft-lb without any problems.
Thoughts
  1. Appear incredibly well built. Solid, heavy, very nice powder coat and texture is really grippy. Very well packaged.
  2. The revised "stealth" top plate is an awesome revision. You have to look hard for the DCE stamping.
  3. I have the reinforced underbody shield. The removal of the plastic panels reveals a the open cell sides of the shield. This is the same as the Megawatt slider proto that was shown. While I know the plastic wasn't waterproof, and functionally nothing would change if water/mud got in there (its not open to anything else) I'd prefer not to leave an open space for crud to get into. Am considering if there is some way to cut the original panels and install to cover it up, just use some RV underbelly tape to close it up, or something else. All ideas/suggestions welcome!
  4. Doesn't make any noise driving and I'm not noting any range change (its only been a day).
All in all, it seems an awesome product, and the only rock slider thats actually shipping, which ended up being a major factor for me having something for the kids to have easier ingress/egress with intention of doing some trailwork this Spring. It looks like the Megawatt may be beefier at the cost of some clearance loss, but as I'm not planning on going hard core, I think (hope) the DCE meets my needs well.

Here are some pics. Sorry they are dirty, it was raining last night.

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0854 2
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0855 2
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0857 2
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0859 2
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0861 2
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S IMG_0862

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Wanted to add my experience to this thread. I differ from @obfuscurity in having the reinforced underbody shield and having the "stealth" top plate revision.

1. Easy to pull off the panels and clips per instructions using a long flathead and a pick. No clips broken!
  2. No issues with impact wrench removal of TP55 or 10mm screws.
  3. Was able to mount the sliders by myself (note, make sure all of the TP55s are only out that 1/2", except for the 2 at the front that are removed completely. I didn't do that at first and realized I had to slide the slider off again to put it on).
Thoughts
  1. Appear incredibly well built. Solid, heavy, very nice powder coat and texture is really grippy.
  2. The revised "stealth" top plate is an awesome revision. You have to look hard for the DCE stamping.
  3. I have the reinforced underbody shield. The removal of the plastic panels reveals a the open cell sides of the shield. This is the same as the Megawatt slider proto that was shown. While I know the plastic wasnt waterproof, and functionally nothing would change if water/mud got in there (its not open to anything else) I'd prefer not to leave an open space for crud to get into. Am considering if there is some way to cut the original panels and install to cover it up, just use some RV underbelly tape to close it up, or something else. All ideas/suggestions welcome!
  4. Doesn't make any noise driving and I'm not noting any range change (its only been a day).
All in all, it seems an awesome product, and the only rock slider thats actually shipping, which ended up being a major factor for me having something for the kids to have easier ingress/egress with intention of doing some trailwork this Spring. It looks like the Megawatt may be beefier at the cost of some clearance loss, but as I'm not planning on going hard core, I think (hope) the DCE meets my needs well.

Here are some pics. Sorry its dirty, was raining last night.

IMG_0854 2.jpg
IMG_0855 2.jpg
IMG_0857 2.jpg
IMG_0859 2.jpg
IMG_0861 2.jpg
IMG_0862.jpg

Thank you for your feedback!! We are glad you are having a great experience so far. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have!!

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

2. No issues with impact wrench removal of TP55 or 17mm screws.
  3. Was able to mount the sliders by myself (note, make sure all of the TP55s are only out that 1/2" before sliding it in, except for the 2 at the front that are removed completely. I didn't do that at first and realized I had to slide the slider off again to put it on. Also the last 2 in the rear don't need removal).
Thoughts
  1. Appear incredibly well built. Solid, heavy, very nice powder coat and texture is really grippy. Very well packaged.
  3. I have the reinforced underbody shield. The removal of the plastic panels reveals a the open cell sides of the shield. This is the same as the Megawatt slider proto that was shown. While I know the plastic wasn't waterproof, and functionally nothing would change if water/mud got in there (its not open to anything else) I'd prefer not to leave an open space for crud to get into. Am considering if there is some way to cut the original panels and install to cover it up, just use some RV underbelly tape to close it up, or something else. All ideas/suggestions welcome!

Here are some pics. Sorry they are dirty, it was raining last night.

IMG_0854 2.jpg
IMG_0855 2.jpg
IMG_0857 2.jpg
IMG_0859 2.jpg
IMG_0861 2.jpg
IMG_0862.jpg
That smaller logo is so much better!

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

So, these areas are now exposed? Are there any concerns with this for dust and debris getting into places they shouldn’t?

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Rock Slider Product Overview & Install video for Rivian R1T / R1S C0E3754C-9735-4A01-8F14-87B2D811865D

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So, these areas are now exposed? Are there any concerns with this for dust and debris getting into places they shouldn’t?
That is the question. It is clear that the plastic that is removed was not preventing water or dirt from getting in that space. I have to believe this is all manufactured expecting these surfaces have elemental exposures. For me its less avoidance of exposure and more avoidance of collection.

But, it is certainly more exposed now. All of the available options have this. The 1EV running boards have their open slot/round cut if the pieces are even put back on, the megawatt proto shown has this, etc.
Sponsored