Sponsored

Anyone trying the EVBASE Running Boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
Has anyone checked with their guide or service whether these running boards void any Rivian warranties?
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Installed them today… to say the instructions are useless is an understatement. 2 of brackets were labeled for the incorrect sides. Full install and initial thoughts video coming…. They’re “fine”, but I may replace them.
IMG_0269.jpeg
why are you thinking of replacing them already when you just installed it? which running boards are you thinking of replacing them with. did you put back the plastic panels underneath or leave them off? do they seem sturdy and will last? so many questions.

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - many EVs in past
Occupation
EV charging deployment
why are you thinking of replacing them already when you just installed it? which running boards are you thinking of replacing them with. did you put back the plastic panels underneath or leave them off? do they seem sturdy and will last? so many questions.
I just posted my video and I think it will answer your questions, but happy to answer any additional.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

For a few extra bucks get the 1EV ones and support a local company.

Their product listing is very poorly written English that said "R1T Running Boards running boards instantly extend when you open your door, and then hides itself safely out of sight when the doors close."

I contacted them and they said they're not electric, despite the listing, and offered coupon code EVBASE11 for 15% off.

Also only support on WhatsApp at weird hours of the night.

Last edited:

Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Branden: "I don't really know how I feel about these."
Me: "I know how I feel about these."

Seriously, good one you @branden for taking one for the team and sharing your experience. Not only is the quality of this product highly suspect, there's no way in heck you're going to want to take these off-roading.

Pros:
  • inexpensive
  • modern aesthetic
Cons:
  • seemingly cheap materials
  • universal running board design (example)
  • rattle
  • reduced aerodynamics (and presumably, range)
  • reduced ground clearance
  • poor installation guide / incorrect labels

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO

Seriously, good one you @branden for taking one for the team and sharing your experience. Not only is the quality of this product highly suspect, there's no way in heck you're going to want to take these off-roading.

Pros:
  • inexpensive
  • modern aesthetic
Cons:
  • rattle
Yeah other than $ and availability (both are indeed important factors) I dont know why anyone would do these vs the @EV Sportline ones.

EV Sportline ones are significantly more expensive and the shipping cost is crazy but I feel you're getting what you pay for there. The timeline is another thing. Originally I was told April, now its May so its s00n.

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV charging deployment

Pros:
  • inexpensive
  • modern aesthetic
Cons:
  • rattle
That’s a good summary. Hard to recommend unless you just want basic running boards and don’t really care otherwise. I’m eyeing the Electruck4x4 Megawatt running boards - they address every complaint I have about the EVBase ones.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
That’s a good summary. Hard to recommend unless you just want basic running boards and don’t really care otherwise. I’m eyeing the Electruck4x4 Megawatt running boards - they address every complaint I have about the EVBase ones.
Why not the 1EV ones?

Sponsored

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
I don’t like that they’re not full length.
Seems anything more full length than these will necessarily lower the clearance, right?

Im just trying to get my wife/MIL in and out of the truck with something that's decent quality and hopefully minimal work on my side.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone trying the EVBASE Running Boards? Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 10.48.33 AM

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV charging deployment

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Wow looks like a 3 month wait on those too.

OP
OP
Foobar

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
These running boards are cheap quality. For a few extra bucks get the 1EV ones and support a local company.

Their product listing is bery poorly written English that said "R1T Running Boards running boards instantly extend when you open your door, and then hides itself safely out of sight when the doors close."

I contacted them and they said they're not electric, despite the listing, and offered coupon code EVBASE11 for 15% off.

Also only support on WhatsApp at weird hours of the night.
It's pretty clear that these guys just copy pasted a bunch of text to use on their material.

I think we can all agree that this product is very representative of "cheap Chineseium product" which in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing if you recognize that it's not a rock slider, the English instructions are worthless, and it isn't the highest quality that you'll find around.

So long as your goal is go for cheap and functions as a step, then go crazy.

Thanks to Branden for taking this on first - I'm now in a position where I'm not sure if I want to go forward with my install now that we've seen one in the wild. Perhaps I'll do it anyway just to see if I have the same rattling situation and if there's something that can be tightened to address it if so. But longer term, I don't really see a big need to do the install now as it was primarily my goal to do what Branden already accomplished - show the rest of us what this thing is all about.

On the upside, I was able to get it back when they had a 20% discount going, so my out of pocket was $560. If I don't keep it, I'll probably sell it to someone locally for around $500.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.