Sponsored

Anyone trying the EVBASE Running Boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Foobar

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
I just posted my video and I think it will answer your questions, but happy to answer any additional.
Branden,

One question - admittedly, I skipped around the video so I apologize if it was addressed already, but were you able to identify where the rattling was coming from? I have the parts out of the box sitting on my floor and everything seems to be intact and not subject to any rattling. Things may be different once mounted, so if that's the case this might just be a case of needing a washer somewhere or something.
Sponsored

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - many EVs in past
Occupation
EV charging deployment
Branden,

One question - admittedly, I skipped around the video so I apologize if it was addressed already, but were you able to identify where the rattling was coming from? I have the parts out of the box sitting on my floor and everything seems to be intact and not subject to any rattling. Things may be different once mounted, so if that's the case this might just be a case of needing a washer somewhere or something.
I haven’t - I was drained after the install so I didn’t dig into it much beyond making sure all the fasteners were tight. I suspect the rails themselves may need to come apart and have a washer or foam added.

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV charging deployment
Also worth noting - I didn’t use the fasteners included for the truck side mounting as there didn’t appear to be any way they would actually work (too short) so I reused the factory fasteners.

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
I just posted my video and I think it will answer your questions, but happy to answer any additional.
Thanks for the informative video Branden!

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Yeah other than $ and availability (both are indeed important factors) I dont know why anyone would do these vs the @EV Sportline ones.

EV Sportline ones are significantly more expensive and the shipping cost is crazy but I feel you're getting what you pay for there. The timeline is another thing. Originally I was told April, now its May so its s00n.
Hey we made adjustments to lower shipping costs - should be much better - anyone seeing crazy shipping charges please PM me!

Sponsored

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

I don’t like that they’re not full length.
FYI - If we go any longer, the whole running board would need to drop down (because the side cladding rolls down on front / rear edges). Dropping the steps down will definitely reduce range. We also recognized there is no functional purpose to go “edge to edge” - But looks are subjective, we get that. We chose to match the body lines of the body cladding, which also allowed us to keep the design optimized for minimal range impact. That said, we added a few inches to each side (longer than our original prototypes/photos). Check these photos for different angles https://evsportline.com/blogs/rivian-running-board-customer-gallery

We put a lot of effort into optimizing aero on our design, I think time will prove the value of this effort once others see the range loss impact from other products. 👍🏻

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Hey we made adjustments to lower shipping costs - should be much better - anyone seeing crazy shipping charges please PM me!
Mine were $200.will PM you

OP
OP
Foobar

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Yeah, that pretty much seals the deal for me - I'm not telling people to buy a specific alternative, but definitely don't buy this one. It's one thing to defend your company's brand if someone is spreading false information, but Branden did nothing of the sort. If anything, Branden's review was actually pretty favorable, all things considered.

Last edited:

Sponsored

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Good way for them to turn a pretty positive review given what it was into a negative outcome

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV charging deployment
Came here to share my tweets with screenshots, but glad to see @kanundrum already did 👌 Definitely wouldn’t recommend supporting this company out of principles at this point. Product is meh, but the company is a joke.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Came here to share my tweets with screenshots, but glad to see @kanundrum already did 👌 Definitely wouldn’t recommend supporting this company out of principles at this point. Product is meh, but the company is a joke.
Likely they'll just pop up under another name. Seems to happen a lot

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.
Thanks @branden. Im not an attorney but looking through the terms of this Act I don’t see any indication that additional functionality is covered. Meaning that while this act protects the warranty when using after market parts for existing functionality (eg light bulbs or oil filters) it makes no mention of adding functionality like in this case of adding running boards. So imagine if you were to add a bed topper for example since Rivian doesn’t make one, and it damages the trim or breaks the rear glass. Then I would imagine that wouldn’t be under warranty.

I pinged my guide and this was his reply:
“While other 3rd party products may work with your Rivian vehicle, Rivian has only approved and rigorously tested the products sold on www.rivian.com and cannot speak to additional options available on the greater marketplace. The New Vehicle Limited Warranty may be voided, in whole or in part, due to improper usage.”

Definitely more of a catch-all type response but there’s a non-zero risk that Rivian may deny a warranty claim if they think the running boards caused a problem. Like I’m not sure if those frame bolts are just there hanging out waiting for an accessory or are they actually holding stuff together and if that’s the case then adding running boards brackets effectively shortens those bolts and could that result in bolt failure?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.