Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
FYI ACH didn't work for me because the account names have to match (one of my accounts is a living trust).
If you are having the same issue you'll have to pay via Wire Transfer
Thanks, looks like a wire transfer it is, although in CA a certified check should work based on a guide checklist shared earlier.

Once done if you can provide timings for wire transfer that would be great.
Sponsored

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
My step 8 showed up this morning as well. I have completed all steps but 7 & 8. My upload documents is still in progress.. I’m assuming since I held off on ACH payment? I need a slightly better gauge on delivery window before I submit payment. I would like to hear A 2 week window.

Insurance card was verified good by my guide.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I wonder what order they are being delivered based on made.

Any other people that have their delivery want to share their sequence number on the vin? Don’t need the exact number but would be good if we knew the starting number like 2500, 2800, etc. just so we get a feel for numbers produced.
Mines in the 1500s and just got on the 8 step plan?‍♂

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Thanks, looks like a wire transfer it is, although in CA a certified check should work based on a guide checklist shared earlier.

Once done if you can provide timings for wire transfer that would be great.
Yeah Certified check would work but capital one makes that a bit harder then wire. According to capital one the wire transfer went out same day, i'm just waiting for my third party loan docs to upload and then i should get a delivery date.

TXRIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Technology Sales
I was "order" number 6309 from Feb 2019, got my 8 step email today, but then they delivery date is for this Friday! Of course, I am out of the country of all times right now, so they were able to accommodate pushing it out 2 weeks. Wish I would have had more than 2 days notice after the 3 year wait, but super excited. Didn't realize guide contact to delivery could be only 10 days.

Sponsored

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
My step 8 showed up this morning as well. I have completed all steps but 7 & 8. My upload documents is still in progress.. I’m assuming since I held off on ACH payment? I need a slightly better gauge on delivery window before I submit payment. I would like to hear A 2 week window.

Insurance card was verified good by my guide.
I did the ACH transfer on Friday and truck was delivered the following Tuesday so just a few days.

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I was "order" number 6309 from Feb 2019, got my 8 step email today, but then they delivery date is for this Friday! Of course, I am out of the country of all times right now, so they were able to accommodate pushing it out 2 weeks. Wish I would have had more than 2 days notice after the 3 year wait, but super excited. Didn't realize guide contact to delivery could be only 10 days.
My situation was exactly the same. I think from guide contact to delivery in my driveway was 12 days. If you get through the 8 steps, delivery seems like it's just a day or two away.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Waiting on step 8 to open up to pick a date! So close!
This thread has been a great support group for the 8 step process. Would highly recommend.
Rivian PreOrder Addiction confirmed

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
The only hiccups I saw were that if you didn't complete something such as insurance, the delivery portion just said error. It didn't tell you that it was held up because of insurance, etc., it just said error so I didn't know for sure if that was the problem. Their 8 step process should really say, "insurance incomplete" or something to that effect so you know what the problem was. That being said, my guide was fantastic in dealing with it and trying to get it resolved on a Saturday when their insurance department was closed. She was even texting me Friday night at 10pm making sure everything was working out ok. I was very impressed at how involved she was.

Sponsored

SEPA R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Got my invitation to join the "8-step" club this morning. Working my way through it but can't schedule delivery yet as my vehicle is in the "final stages of inspection". Does anyone know how long that typically takes?

Can't wait to finally take delivery.....patience is not my strong suit!

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Yeah Certified check would work but capital one makes that a bit harder then wire. According to capital one the wire transfer went out same day, i'm just waiting for my third party loan docs to upload and then i should get a delivery date.
Does this mean you financed through a third party who funded your capital one bank account for you to use for purchase, and then you wired funds? I'm curious how the financing piece works with a third party lender. At a dealership, the financing people still do this for you even if it's not the captive finance company. Everyone seems to be paying cash here but I'm planning to take advantage of rates below 3%... assuming the rate environment doesn't change excessively between now and my Jul-Sept delivery.

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Got my invitation to join the "8-step" club this morning. Working my way through it but can't schedule delivery yet as my vehicle is in the "final stages of inspection". Does anyone know how long that typically takes?

Can't wait to finally take delivery.....patience is not my strong suit!
I was told my truck was in delivery prep and that took 5 days before I go the email to even able to start the 8 steps. Did the steps on Friday and Monday and truck was delivered yesterday so it all happens pretty quick once truck is ready.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
I'm stuck now waiting for a manual valuation of my trade-in. The website says it should take ~2 hours. Fingers crossed!
Do you mind sharing details? Did you have to submit photos, etc.?

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
FYI ACH didn't work for me because the account names have to match (one of my accounts is a living trust).
If you are having the same issue you'll have to pay via Wire Transfer
Got my 8 steps notification this morning. Super excited!!! VIN ending in 3711.

ACH didn't work for me because... no idea. I got message during processing about Plaid incompatibility with Wells Fargo 2FH. Went to bank to see if they know what that was. My banker had never heard of Plaid. Just ended up doing wire transfer. Might not be as instantaneous as ACH but it was nice to have "adult" supervision via a banker vs. Plaid. I'm sure Plaid is OK. So what's another entity with keys to the kingdom, right?

I went with my insurance. Might have been some benefits to "Rivian" insurance but couldn't have been easier to get what I needed from my agent. Surprisingly little increase over my '17 Tacoma considering newer, more valuable and higher performance vehicle.

Guide said in route to ATL Service Center. Do others have that status or are most people getting 8-step once their vehicle is already at Service Center?
Sponsored