Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

luriaj

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Datsun 269Z
Seven days until March 1st. I was told I would be able to get my wall charger early. Not a peep from. Has anyone with the March-April window heard from Rivian? I am at 3 years since deposit tomorrow (2/23/2019). seems like it's time to get my truck. Venting and curious.

J
Sponsored

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
Nope. Still standing by...since Nov 2018. ?

I think you should plan on the April part of that March/April window. ?

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Maybe its unrealistic optimism but I think at some point they'll "catch up" and deliveries won't be too far off from the windows provided. I'm struggling to understand why Rivian would create their own deadlines only to miss them while not looping in customers, again. Something they specifically said they'd improve on moving forward.

edit: Should have added my thought process: they’re no longer pre ipo. The investors aren’t all enthusiasts, you can’t get on calls with them in perpetuity and say “soon” like you can with enthusiast customers.

Last edited:

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
March-April window here and not a peep. I never had a guide contact me either. While the lack of communication is annoying, I am just trying not to fret about it too much. Hopefully they can work out the kinks quickly and can deliver on the fantastic product we all hope for. I would much rather wait a few more months than be stuck dealing with issues after delivery, which would surely sour the entire situation.

Maybe Rivian should think about staffing up the communications department though. ;)

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Maybe its unrealistic optimism but I think at some point they'll "catch up" and deliveries won't be too far off from the windows provided. I'm struggling to understand why Rivian would create their own deadlines only to miss them while not looping in customers, again. Something they specifically said they'd improve on moving forward.
I totally agree, maybe they will catch up in the 2023 window. :CWL:

Sponsored

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
I have a March/April window.

My 'realistic' hope, Summer 2022, my best guess, late Spring 2023 or Fall of 2023. This is based on everything I've read and seen.

Outside of a possible few hundred token deliveries over a span of months I think Rivian is at least 6 months behind, maybe more before they will hit "meaningful production numbers".

While anything is possible, deliveries as scheduled would seem improbable. I base this assumption on Rivian's track record, where they are currently on service center roll out and the still fairly stagnant communications.

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

the struggle is real... real annoying. get on it Rivian

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

with the quarterly earnings call coming up in March, i suspect the stock and general sentiment is going to take a hit based on Q4 2021. which means Q1/Q2 2022 will be very important quarters. based on the lack of comms for jan/feb delivery windows, its already not looking so great for Q1 however, my sense is in March they will push out "a lot" of vehicles. a lot is a lot compared to zero. and in Q2 we'll see it ramp up more. yes im optimistic but for their long term survival, i need to be.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I drive by giant lots where trucks and cars are stored waiting for chips. I'm hoping Rivian is doing the same thing, hundreds of trucks just waiting for one module...

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
Not a peep here, either. Order date of 11/26/2018, order number of #1234 (for whatever that’s worth) and I live 4 miles from Bellevue SC. My guide keeps telling me that we are still good for Mar/April, but she swore we were good for November also.

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hope I'm wrong but given the discussions on the Jan/Feb thread, I can't imagine March/April reservations will be on time unless Rivian can make up some serious ground fast.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
I drive by giant lots where trucks and cars are stored waiting for chips. I'm hoping Rivian is doing the same thing, hundreds of trucks just waiting for one module...
Thats the thing that annoys me about Rivian, I mean if they have parts shortages. They have very low volume and they had a long time to put in advance orders. Manufacturers were ramping up orders over a year ago since the possibility of a sh*tshow for supply chain was obvious back then. There is no way Rivian should be suffering due to supply chain issues if they had competent management.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
my sense is in March they will push out "a lot" of vehicles.
You'd think that the January February people would have heard by now since the call is March 10th...
Sponsored