First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Mine pulls right too. Not terrible, but it does pull right. I live 2 hours from a service center. Not willing to pay over $1k to ship it, and not spending a day hoping they might just get it right this time(they already performed a re-alignment once and still pulls right).

It's not road crown. I have tested extensively for that.
Sponsored

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
My R1T is the biggest vehicle I have had and the most aggressive wheels, 20 ATs. I’m trying to determine if my truck has this issue. On most roads it’s pulling to the right. I seem to mostly have to drive with the wheel turned a little bit to the left. However what is throwing me off is it doesn’t always seem to do it. I only have a little over 300 miles on it and only owned it for a little less than 3 weeks, so I don’t have a lot of data points yet. I want to get this addressed sooner than later if it is an issue. How can I determine if its alignment or aggressive tires with the road curve? I have tried driving on both sides of the road. I have seen it act normally and also on a rare occasion pull to the left on the opposite side of the road. This does make me think it’s just the tires. However when it is pulling, it is pulling a lot. It would only take about 2 seconds at a slow speed to pull off the road if not corrected. This seems like a lot even if it is the tires and road crown causing it.
Summed up my experience as well although I’m on the 22 Sports. I had an alignment done the first month of ownership and its improved since then but it still doesn’t feel right to me. My wife has a current gen Escalade and it doesn’t have this same issue. Rules out size of tire and vehicle.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Curious, has anyone tried getting a alignment from a 3rd party? When I got my Tesla I took it straight to a 3rd party for alignment since I had heard Tesla wasn't doing a good job at the time and people were having terrible tire wear after a few thousand miles. Glad I did, everything was off from the factory.

I get that it will be free with Rivian, but ive read people taking it multiple times because they feel alignment is still off, at that point maybe its worth having a company that does alignments for a living take a look?

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Curious, has anyone tried getting a alignment from a 3rd party? When I got my Tesla I took it straight to a 3rd party for alignment since I had heard Tesla wasn't doing a good job at the time and people were having terrible tire wear after a few thousand miles. Glad I did, everything was off from the factory.

I get that it will be free with Rivian, but ive read people taking it multiple times because they feel alignment is still off, at that point maybe its worth having a company that does alignments for a living take a look?
I have not done this with the Rivian but I take my other vehicles to independent shops for custom alignments. The problem with some places is that they will get it "within specs" which tends to be a fairly wide window. I like to ask for specific numbers, e.g. make sure the camber is at least -x but make sure it's the same on both front and both rear wheels. Make sure individual toe values same while keeping total in spec, maximize caster, etc.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I still have concerns this is not a simple alignment situation, but tied to subframe distortion that is showing up as front right pulls and front right being lower than rest. But I am just guessing. Just so weird it is almost always right and also almost always front rights that are low.

Sponsored

ThePineappleWins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I still have concerns this is not a simple alignment situation, but tied to subframe distortion that is showing up as front right pulls and front right being lower than rest. But I am just guessing. Just so weird it is almost always right and also almost always front rights that are low.
What do you mean by “front rights that are low”??

I have a mid 14XXX vin BTW.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
What do you mean by “front rights that are low”??

I have a mid 14XXX vin BTW.
The front passenger side of many trucks, myself included, even after a service center visit for same, are lower than the other 3 corners of the truck. Measurable by significant difference from wheel well to tire from left to right side of trucks.

Camber changes with elevation, so maybe if the ride heights are simply corrected side to side then the pulls would go away. Not sure. And maybe subframe has nothing to do with it. Still not sure. Just observing forum posts are attempting armchair engineering...

ThePineappleWins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
The front passenger side of many trucks, myself included, even after a service center visit for same, are lower than the other 3 corners of the truck. Measurable by significant difference from wheel well to tire from left to right side of trucks.

Camber changes with elevation, so maybe if the ride heights are simply corrected side to side then the pulls would go away. Not sure. And maybe subframe has nothing to do with it. Still not sure. Just observing forum posts are attempting armchair engineering...
Wow! Will be checking for this. What does Rivian say the issue is? How are they justifying it?

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Wow! Will be checking for this. What does Rivian say the issue is? How are they justifying it?
Sent me back my truck and said it's in spec. At this point, I am crossing fingers enough people escalate till we get a solution. I am 2 hours from a service center so now thwt they killed free towing, I am not spending $1k multiple times for multiple visits.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Someone had mentioned the droopy front right. Just measured and mine is 1.25” lower at front right. Probably part of my pull right issue. Hopefully can be fixed at tomorrow’s service appointment

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Someone had mentioned the droopy front right. Just measured and mine is 1.25” lower at front right. Probably part of my pull right issue. Hopefully can be fixed at tomorrow’s service appointment
Good luck and let us know. Mine went to service center about 1.25" lower and came back after recalibration, and is still .75" lower...and it was realigned...and still pulls right....although less than it did.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
How can they not be getting the alignment right before delivery? That blows getting a vehicle pushing 100 grand and have the alignment off at delivery. Where is their QC team?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Everyone that has these issues should request the SC check for the following:
  • Alignment specification
  • Faulty ride height sensor
  • Leaking airline
  • Ride comfort module (the valves/manifold that control air pressure)
My first R1T had an alignment done and comfort module replaced. The right was a lot better, but not perfect. Also the steering wheel was actually straight after all this, so that was nice.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Everyone that has these issues should request the SC check for the following:
  • Alignment specification
  • Faulty ride height sensor
  • Leaking airline
  • Ride comfort module (the valves/manifold that control air pressure)
My first R1T had an alignment done and comfort module replaced. The right was a lot better, but not perfect. Also the steering wheel was actually straight after all this, so that was nice.
Thanks for this!

absolut87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I took delivery about a month ago and noticed the veering to the right and steering wheel off slightly as well. Didn't drive it much over the Holiday's and opened up a service ticket. I'm being told I'd have to bring it in (close to 3 hour drive). They gave me some potential certified collision shops near me that may work on it but the first one I called said they can't work on it.

***Update: second shop said they should be able to do the alignment so they're seeing when they can get me in.

This is pretty frustrating to read , especially people who have had to take it back several times. That just isn't going to be an option for me.

Does anyone have any pictures of how bad theirs is off?

I'm going to try to get a better picture today as it's generally a bit worse than this:
Rivian R1T R1S Alignment woes image0 (2)
Sponsored

Last edited: