Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

CardiacR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I told you those 275/60/20 Wildpeaks are the way to go!!! And those Ram 2363 wheels were my first off-road wheel choice, but I couldn't ever find them for a reasonable price. Ended up getting the ones I have for cheaper than what used Ram 2363 wheels would have cost me. I assume people like you @Puttyandnapalm found those wheels pretty cheap. All-in-all...this is a great low-cost, off-road setup!
What wheels did you get that were cheaper than the Ram 2363s?

mrogerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Modified Jeep Wrangler
New to the forum, but have been researching winter wheels and tires for a while. This is the most helpful thread I have found so far after searching over the last few months. Thank you.

It looks like tirerack has a couple winter tire options, and wheels with a +18mm offset. Cost is roughly $2200 for an unmounted tire and wheel set. OEM TPMS sensors are available from EV Sportline for $350 or so In addition to the after market ones listed on Amazon. Any reason to think this would not work or be a bad choice?

I also have a request into EV Sportline to see if they have a recommended winter package for their wheels. Definitely more expensive, but damn they look awesome.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What wheels did you get that were cheaper than the Ram 2363s?
https://factoryreproductions.com/shop/dodge/dodge-truck-suv/style-70-ram-truck/

New to the forum, but have been researching winter wheels and tires for a while. This is the most helpful thread I have found so far after searching over the last few months. Thank you.

It looks like tirerack has a couple winter tire options, and wheels with a +18mm offset. Cost is roughly $2200 for an unmounted tire and wheel set. OEM TPMS sensors are available from EV Sportline for $350 or so In addition to the after market ones listed on Amazon. Any reason to think this would not work or be a bad choice?

I also have a request into EV Sportline to see if they have a recommended winter package for their wheels. Definitely more expensive, but damn they look awesome.
Just watch your width on the wheels, the above was successfully used but a different width/offset.

I don't have TPMS experience... Yet! But others have had success with some 441ghz sets auto pairing. Looks like biggest factor is keeping your old wheels/sensors away. I'll be storing mine in the shed instead of the garage for this reason.

Sponsored

Jakelake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
I have found a set of Dodge wheels but the seller says the wheel width is 9 inches. Offset is 19.09. He says they came off his 2014 dodge. they seem to be the correct wheel except for the 9 inch width. Does anyone know if these will work? The original post says the wheel should be 8 inches wide?

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have found a set of Dodge wheels but the seller says the wheel width is 9 inches. Offset is 19.09. He says they came off his 2014 dodge. they seem to be the correct wheel except for the 9 inch width. Does anyone know if these will work? The original post says the wheel should be 8 inches wide?
What's the part # and do you have a pic? I think that's the wrong one, a couple folks have bought that and learned the hard way.

Jakelake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
Could not get the part number but he now says they came off a 2004 but he had them on his 2014 Ram. I think I will pass. He could not, or would not, tell me the part number even though I asked him to check if it was 2363.

Sponsored

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Please note that I have the ram wheel setup. I bought blizzak lt 275/65/20 and they rub on lowest when turning and bumps. And low rubs on heavy bumps. I use low only in stiff mode.

Rubbing isn't major. I bought my wheels for 250 off fb and rattle canned them

Does anyone know a cheap 20 wheel with a larger offset?

Rivian R1T R1S Affordable Winter Wheels Setup: Ram 2363 20221220_114008

Last edited:

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

I've had the 2363 RAM wheels on and off my T for 15k+ miles and its a great option for a cost effective wheel the run AT's and matched to the 21" or 22" OD. I may even do a second set with All-Season 20" tires for max range since the 21's are $$$ to replace.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, confirmed. These wheels fit, and clear the calipers. https://www.trailbuiltoffroad.com/b...tory-reproductions-fr70-20x9-25#review-system.

Because they are +25 offset, they have a little more 'poke' than +48 OEM wheels, but I like the more aggressive stance. I've had them installed for almost 2 weeks now.
20230810_161610.jpg
20230813_055845.jpg
I was about to purchase ones from the service center next week but these look pretty nice.
Do you have a wider shot of the whole truck with these installed?

$1k savings sounds very nice.
Their bronze is like another $400 in savings. Not generally a fan of Bronze but seems like it would look nice with the Forest Green.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks!

I looked at the Hankook Winter iPike X as well, but read they get stiff and wear out sooner in the PNW since they're a true cold icy winter tire. Our temperate damp winters in the 30s-40s make it hard to find something that'll do well tackling street ice and mountain snow part-time, but living downhill most of the time.
That's just my general expectation for any true winter tire, and seems to be why very few of them have mileage warranties. FWIW the wear on my Nokians visually seemed pretty minimal last year. I put around 4k miles on them during the winter.

Have you started looking at all-weather tires?

They have packages for their base wheels. I'm waiting on some folks I know to hopefully have a spec 20" wheel soon, but if they aren't able to get them for winter I'll probably end up going the route of these rather than messing with the Ram wheel setup and offset.
For example:
https://evsportline.com/collections...1ev-for-rivian-r1t-r1s?variant=41572804067468

Their tire options for this appear to be limited to LTs at the moment, so your subject to the added weight of them if you package them together.
Sponsored