Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
I don't care to continue this further, about what is stated as fact, or not, but your quote above, bold italicized, is clearly stated as fact too, in which I more or less agree with because it makes sense, but it is something that you, nor I, know to be factual.

We are only presuming these people were paying customers. We are only presuming they were pre-order holders. Bottom line is we don't know. We only know they were current, or past employees. That is why I stated my thoughts as an opinion. You disagree and I'm okay with that, but it doesn't change what I believe, nor will it you.
Rivian employees who have purchased their trucks and taken delivery have used language directly stating they bought their trucks.

I have friends who work at Rivian, in engineering, for years, and they've told me they're aware of exactly 0 people who were simply given a truck for free.

Acting like there are no Rivian employees who now have the title on a truck but didn't pay for it is... conspiratorial.

I hope you're correct in believing that deliveries have been made to the General Public. But, until it is proven and all questions are answered, I will continue to believe none have been made.
I stated that:
1 - Paying customers received their trucks (employees)
2 - "General Public" customers exist who would be perfectly willing to buy a truck today in without any further information.
3 - There are at least some members of the "General Public" - who post on these forums - that would NOT post on these forums if they got their truck.

I never stated I believe deliveries have been made to the general public, and in fact before reading other messages in this thread *I did not believe so*

Now that we have 2nd hand "non employee delivery" anecdote, I am inclined to believe it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Bay area? I have a friend who works at Rivian that told me last week he was headed to the bay are to deliver trucks this week.
The picture was taken on the 5 in the central valley. The dad took a picture of his young (maybe 4 or 5 year old) son is at an EA charging station. Don't know which direction they're going.

My friend's wife did ask if we're getting ours soon since their other friend is getting his, but wasn't sure when the actual delivery would be. I guess he got it.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
If he isn’t a forum member clearly it doesn’t count… :CWL:
"They don't count, they work for Rivian!"
"Even though they paid for their truck, they're NOT a customer delivery"
"I don't care that they USED to work for Rivian, they once did! It's absolutely reasonable for someones employment history to make their purchase invalid!"
<99 more steps of moving the goalposts>
"Well, I can't personally hound them here on these forums. Only members of these forums since I personally preordered count."

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Other thought: Rivian isn't lying to anyone. When they said they were going to ship in July they thought they were. When they said they thought they were going to ship in September, they thought they were. And, now we here that "real" people are getting Trucks, so at least that debate can die in a fire.
That's the rational, common sense explanation. Therefore, it can't possibly be true in this day of endless conspiracy theories, lol.

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

You're pretty new here I see.
It'll just shift to a slightly different variation of the same theme.
Long time lurker here and a denizen of forums since the days of FIDONet BBS's - the more things change the more they stay the same.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Friend of a friend got his car today. Not posting the picture though since it has the person's kid in the photo. Trying to confirm if said person works for Rivian.

Edit: 2019 preorder. Not an employee or related to Rivian. It is a white R1T. In California. Not on the forums.
I hope that means that whatever was slowing down production has been fixed and that they are starting ramp up more now.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'm sure you're an honorable and truthful man, but I need proof. "Trust, but verify." ?
Not to poke the bear but just curious, why do people only need proof of positive things but all negative statements are taken as gospel?

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S
I'm sure you're an honorable and truthful man, but I need proof. "Trust, but verify." ?
riviantruckmom is the IG account we're talking about. Someone flat out asked if they were associated with Rivian. No reply, yet. We'll see if she replies and that'll settle it, if she replies.

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Not to poke the bear but just curious, why do people only need proof of positive things but all negative statements are taken as gospel?
Your remark was directed towards me. I don't know the answer to your question. I require proof for everything, even the negative aspects, but some things are obvious, such as lack of communication and not answering questions relevant to the vehicle they're selling. If you have something specific in mind, I'll be happy to answer your question the best I can. Positive or negative.

riviantruckmom is the IG account we're talking about. Someone flat out asked if they were associated with Rivian. No reply, yet. We'll see if she replies and that'll settle it, if she replies.
Thanks for the information.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Random: Anyone hear from Kweimer lately?

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Acting like there are no Rivian employees who now have the title on a truck but didn't pay for it is... conspiratorial.
Strong accusation if directed towards me. I said that I more, or less, agreed with you the employees were paying for their vehicle because it makes sense, but we didn't know for a fact. When I made that comment, I had no idea you had friends at Rivian and were discussing whether anyone got free vehicles. You have proof and that's good enough for me. It falls in line with what I believed to be true.

I never stated I believe deliveries have been made to the general public, and in fact before reading other messages in this thread *I did not believe so*
........there's been multiple people on this forum in multiple threads stating - as fact - that clearly normal non-employees haven't gotten their trucks yet, because clearly if they had they'd be posting on these forums.

Yet again, I believe that statement of fact to be wrong, since I am a counterexample.
You're correct. I interpreted your comment wrong. You were arguing about whether non-employees would, or wouldn't be posting on forums. I took it to mean it was a wrong statement saying non-employees had not gotten their trucks.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Can we just start a poll at the end of each month to see how many forum members have gotten a delivery, delivery date or even a guide contact? I'm sure there are many that are shy, and don't want people bugging them about it ?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
What I've noticed is they never answer that question. The person made a comment about the white and also asked her if she works for Rivian. She acknowledged the white color comment and didn't answer the question. Sorry, she's an employee. Almost all of them use the #keeptheworldadventurousforever.
Sponsored