First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Thanks guys. I know the Thanksgiving contact part; where are we seeing the LE deliveries through Summer 2022? Selfishly curious because am Launch R1s holder from Spring 2019 . . . .
I believe you are right. Last LE R1Ts should be in customer hands by Mid 2022. Maybe a little more for R1S. Non LE vehicles should start delivering early 2022. I'm behind you since I preorder my LE R1S Aug 2020. Well know more when they share expected production rates
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
So if I ordered today when should I expect to take delivery..?
Tough to know.... maybe late 2023/ early 24. I don't have any real numbers, so it's just a guess. I just know that non LE will start early 2022.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I believe you are right. Last LE R1Ts should be in customer hands by Mid 2022. Maybe a little more for R1S. Non LE vehicles should start delivering early 2022. I'm behind you since I preorder my LE R1S Aug 2020. Well know more when they share expected production rates
Interesting. Because only one R line, I figured all R1Ts then all R1s's for efficiency. Ie all trucks before any SUVs. You appear to have a different conclusion.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Tough to know.... maybe late 2023/ early 24. I don't have any real numbers, so it's just a guess. I just know that non LE will start early 2022.
I highly doubt non-LE deliveries will start early next year given they wouldn't have finished with LE production. Mid-2022 seems more likely.

Sponsored

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
I highly doubt non-LE deliveries will start early next year given they wouldn't have finished with LE production. Mid-2022 seems more likely.
I could see non-LEs being delivered before all LEs are delivered if the locations are set up. So where the first LEs are going, I could see them getting non-LEs before secondary markets get their LEs. I wont be happy about it, but I can see it happening.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
If R1S deliveries start in "fall" like they've said, then they must have 2 production lines.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I can't imagine they would wait to start producing R1S's and non-LE R1Ts until all the Launch Editions are delivered. There's gotta be some overlap. At least that's what I'm hoping for!

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
I'm wondering if better to switch to Max pack. Since I'm not near a service center, I'll likely be some of the last LEs delivered. Rivian has said Max pack start shipping January. A bit confusing with that timing.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
The most recent info from Rivian is that LE reservation holders will be contacted by Thanksgiving but deliveries will continue through Summer 2022 AFAIK.
Thank you. Can you point to where I can find this information, especially where LE deliveries will continue through Summer 2022. I heard about the "by Thanksgiving", but I believe that was from a Guide and not directly from Rivian, or Rivian's website. The reason I ask, is to determine whether I need to reset my expectations for a third time.

Edit: I see someone above me has already asked this question. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I'm wondering if better to switch to Max pack. Since I'm not near a service center, I'll likely be some of the last LEs delivered. Rivian has said Max pack start shipping January. A bit confusing with that timing.
If it were me, I would wait until I spoke with my Guide. You could always switch at that time and would have a better idea to see which you could get first. However, you might want to confirm with Customer Service to see if this is correct, so you won't lose your place in some imaginary line.

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
I could see non-LEs being delivered before all LEs are delivered if the locations are set up. So where the first LEs are going, I could see them getting non-LEs before secondary markets get their LEs. I wont be happy about it, but I can see it happening.
I also am no where near any of the service centers. But I would be very disappointed if they did not at least offer to deliver all of the LEs first. I am a Dec 2018 preorder.

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I also am no where near any of the service centers. But I would be very disappointed if they did not at least offer to deliver all of the LEs first. I am a Dec 2018 preorder.
I am Feb 2019 R1T preorder. I am 440 miles north of Normal, so even after they open a Detroit area Service Center (assuming they do) I am still 225ish miles from a Service Center. I would be happy to fly to Normal to take delivery, and would even be willing to sign some kind of waiver that acknowledges that service options (if necessary) could be delayed due to my lack of proximity to a service Center. The R1T will not be the only vehicle I have, so some unexpected downtime is ok with me.
I'll really be bummed if orders taken a year or two after mine get delivered before mine... I've been pretty patient so far...

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
If R1S deliveries start in "fall" like they've said, then they must have 2 production lines.
There are 3 production lines.
There are 2 total production lines: 1 for the R1 vehicles and 1 for the Amazon vans. The R1T and R1S will come off the same assembly line in the beginning. They will eventually add another assembly line, but I'm not sure they'll need it for a while. They have said full production capacity for the R1 line is a vehicle every 4 minutes -- there are 15 stations each setup to be 4 minutes or less of assembly work. They could easily get to >1k vehicles per week at that rate. That's pretty solid production for such an expensive vehicle.

Once they have cheaper models, they will need more lines, but those could very well be in the new factory at that point.
Sponsored