Sponsored

So there is a Delay in Deliveries. Launch Edition starts July

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
You decide what they're worth to you, but the Snow Peak kit they're including would be well over $1,000 purchased at retail.
Agreed. Saw your post, thanks for doing the research. I personally think that's an asinine number for some camp utensils, but other's may not. I guess I'm an old school camper. I could/would buy everything in that kit for <$50 at dollar tree or walmart on the way out of town.
Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Yeah, agree. Perspective - boo hoo, I'm going to have to wait another few months probably to get my $75K+ EV. A pretty fortunate issue to have I guess.
I agree with you, to bad so sad on the delay. It's that they lied about it I'm mainly upset that I can no longer trust their CS communications. I now believe they have range numbers and believe they could post them but instead they hide behind an estimated value this leads to rampant speculation in the worst case scenario. It is also a little frustrating that I didn't preorder another EV sooner or buy a Chevy Bolt, even though I hate GM, because I foolishly relied on their lies which I take responsibility for having read the legal preorder agreement in all its legalees glory.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
i just placed reservation for Ioniq 5, have strong doubts that my LE-R1S will be delivered in 2021.

Reactions: Rad

psyca

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37 (IPL), Subaru Crosstrek
I doubt they actually fully out lied to us - June was set over a year ago at this point - or, at least pretty close - and I bet they really did think they could hit it. Now if/when they hit July, they will end up being 1 month off, which IMO means they were actually pretty close to what they told us when the first announced June.

As for CS telling us June as recently as yesterday - wouldn't that happen now matter when they announced the delay? They can't have CS telling people about a delay before its announced - and really the delay may have not been officially announced internally until this morning or last night.

All in all I'm still really excited for this Truck, and while I of course wish it were starting in June, I'm really not all the concerned about delays at this point. From everything I've heard and read, its still going to be an awesome truck that is worth waiting for (Emme Hall's reviews for example https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/rivian-r1t-rebelle-rally/).

Sponsored

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
If any business was failing to meet my needs nearly as severely as many people here seem to feel Rivian is failing to meet their individual needs, I would be tremendously relieved to have the option of getting all of my money back at the click of the button, forgetting this site exists and moving on with my life free of that particular worry and burden.
This! And the reason most here stick around and refuse to drop their pre-order is that this product (not the marketing, communications or your feelings on the color accuracy of the configurator) is still expected to be superior in value and utility than everything else still out there. Until that changes, count me in.

And if you don't feel that way, then please quickly let Rivian know by asking for your money back so others can move up a spot in line.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

i just placed reservation for Ioniq 5, have strong doubts that my LE-R1S will be delivered in 2021.

As much as I hated it, I did it too, I just wish they did the Ioniq 7 first as it would be a R1S direct competitor. If by the time its released in my area (Fall of this year) I dont have an accurate grasp on a delivery date I shall be also not going the Rivian Route.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I doubt they actually fully out lied to us - June was set over a year ago at this point - or, at least pretty close - and I bet they really did think they could hit it. Now if/when they hit July, they will end up being 1 month off, which IMO means they were actually pretty close to what they told us when the first announced June.

As for CS telling us June as recently as yesterday - wouldn't that happen now matter when they announced the delay? They can't have CS telling people about a delay before its announced - and really the delay may have not been officially announced internally until this morning or last night.

All in all I'm still really excited for this Truck, and while I of course wish it were starting in June, I'm really not all the concerned about delays at this point. From everything I've heard and read, its still going to be an awesome truck that is worth waiting for (Emme Hall's reviews for example https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/rivian-r1t-rebelle-rally/).
Really well-stated. They're not going to announce the delay until they decide to announce the delay. For those who are upset they didn't announce earlier -- Rivian probably wanted to have as much information before announcing it.

A month ago, they may have been considering a 3-month delay, but with their heads down focusing on everything but providing us updates for May, brought that in by 2 months. We'll never know. They handled it reasonably.

And there was going to be a lot more than one months' unknowns and variabilities when anyone on these forums should have been expecting to receive their vehicles anyways. One month is well within any margin of error you should have been considering when getting your hopes up. As for the end of LE deliveries, I don't think Rivian ever publicly committed to getting them all out this year. The forums assumed (and some less-than-helpful CS reps certainly contributed in private conversations) and it took a life of its own.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Where's the thread with the poll of who is now cancelling over a 1 month delay? I'd like to know how many spots I've moved up. :CWL: I personally think the "by Spring 2022 for LE" is just a flexibility thing for Rivian due to the chip shortage, etc and they still all get delivered earlier in 2022.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Still no pictures of the interior, user experience, etc...something has gone wrong and they're still trying to figure out how to fix it in production vehicles
They’re removing icons to save more weight…. ?

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
As for the end of LE deliveries, I don't think Rivian ever publicly committed to getting them all out this year. The forums assumed (and some less-than-helpful CS reps certainly contributed in private conversations) and it took a life of its own.
Publicly committed to no, but they did commit to non LE R1T in Jan 22. I and others including Insideev made the assumption which I think was correct that Rivian would complete the vast majority of the LE build before starting on non-LE vehicles. Now the question for the new Spring 2020 timeline is meteorological spring (April 1) or astronomical spring which ends June 21 2022

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Publicly committed to no, but they did commit to non LE R1T in Jan 22. I and others including Insideev made the assumption which I think was correct that Rivian would complete the vast majority of the LE build before starting on non-LE vehicles. Now the question for the new Spring 2020 timeline is meteorological spring (April 1) or astronomical spring which ends June 21 2022
Assumption... The forums make a lot of those ignoring the most likely interpretations. Rivian never said all LEs would be delivered before any non-LEs. That narrative was created entirely on the forums. We won't know for sure until we wait and see, but I think people would be a lot less disappointed if they read for multiple interpretations instead of picking the one that best fits the narrative they want and assuming it's canon.
Sponsored