OP

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I emailed Rivian CS yesterday. As a very early holder of an R1T Max pack, I was wondering if we are pushed out into mid to late 2022 with the delayed release of LE's? This is the response I got from Rivian.

"There is no delay on the R1T long-range battery as it is still set to be available starting January 2022. If anything were to change specifically with the long-range battery date, we would be sure to update our entire Rivian community much like today."

So this seems to confirm, Rivian will be building and delivering all 3 models in January, R1S, R1T LE, and R1T Max Packs. So R1T LE starting in July, R1S in August then adding R1T Max Pack still in January.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I emailed Rivian CS yesterday. As a very early holder of an R1T Max pack, I was wondering if we are pushed out into mid to late 2022 with the delayed release of LE's? This is the response I got from Rivian.

"There is no delay on the R1T long-range battery as it is still set to be available starting January 2022. If anything were to change specifically with the long-range battery date, we would be sure to update our entire Rivian community much like today."

So this seems to confirm, Rivian will be building and delivering all 3 models in January, R1S, R1T LE, and R1T Max Packs. So R1T LE starting in July, R1S in August then adding R1T Max Pack still in January.
If their future potential delay notifications will be done in a manner ā€œmuch like todayā€ then even if they know they wonā€™t hit the January 2022 deadline they wouldnā€™t tell us about it until 12/31.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm

Thats a new wrinkle. I wonder if a later LE reservation could be reconfigured to a Max pack and basically expect delivery in the same time frame. All most makes you wonder if the problem is something specific to the LE. that makes knowing the EPA range estimate that much more important

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
Thats a new wrinkle. I wonder if a later LE reservation could be reconfigured to a Max pack and basically expect delivery in the same time frame. All most makes you wonder if the problem is something specific to the LE. that makes knowing the EPA range estimate that much more important
Iā€™d be willing to bet the issue is not with the vehicle itself, but with the support Rivian must provide after delivery (e.g. service/repairs). Iā€™m still operating under the assumption that the majority of LE will be delivered this year to people within some distance of a major metropolitan area (letā€™s say 150 miles) where proper after delivery support can be provided. Iā€™m optimistic by nature though lol

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

As CommodoreAmiga said, this response instills me more with fear than confidence. Their communication strategy has been incompetent at best, and intentionally deceitful at worst. Further updates that are "much like today" are not good enough.

Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Iā€™d be willing to bet the issue is not with the vehicle itself, but with the support Rivian must provide after delivery (e.g. service/repairs). Iā€™m still operating under the assumption that the majority of LE will be delivered this year to people within some distance of a major metropolitan area (letā€™s say 150 miles) where proper after delivery support can be provided. Iā€™m optimistic by nature though lol
If the delay in deliveries is not vehicle related and is related to lack of infrastructure to support the launch then who bares that burden. Don't go the covid route either, the world didn't stop turning and a lot of business found a way to get it done. Its immaterial at this point and what will be will be but doesn't instill confidence in the operational side of the company for me.

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
If the delay in deliveries is not vehicle related and is related to lack of infrastructure to support the launch then who bares that burden. Don't go the covid route either, the world didn't stop turning and a lot of business found a way to get it done. Its immaterial at this point and what will be will be but doesn't instill confidence in the operational side of the company for me.
Rivian does, at least for the first 5 years. Thatā€™s the whole point of a warranty.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
They are doing their test drive tour(s) for 4 months (per the job descriptions). If they start in August, that means they will run into December. These events prioritize LE holders and they are offering all LE reservation holders the opportunity to drive before ordering.
Ain't no way to fulfill both the test drive opportunity and fill all orders by the end of the year, so they had to push some LE deliveries into 2022.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
It seems to me that EPA range has become a red herring. The only thing that matters is real world highway range which can only be demonstrated by the first owners/reviewers of a production spec car. See Tesla figures for significant EPA overstatements and Porsche figures for significant EPA understatements. No one should make a decision on the basis of the EPA number without considering it in appropriate context and feedback from the real world. That said, Rivian may actually feel that it is important to have an EPA range over 300 to remain consistent with its own marketing.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
It seems to me that EPA range has become a red herring. The only thing that matters is real world highway range which can only be demonstrated by the first owners/reviewers of a production spec car. See Tesla figures for significant EPA overstatements and Porsche figures for significant EPA understatements. No one should make a decision on the basis of the EPA number without considering it in appropriate context and feedback from the real world. That said, Rivian may actually feel that it is important to have an EPA range over 300 to remain consistent with its own marketing.
Agreed the EPA number is not the same as real world but at least it gives a prospective owner some context

Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Whose "real world" numbers are going to be the standard? The EPA range is a number determined in a specific way (unless you're one of those car manufacturers who fully games it). It's better to start with a known process and apply your own deviation that just start anywhere and declare it canon.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Meanwhile, from a future Rivian Stories YouTube video entitled, ā€œHey guys, a Guide finally reached out to me, my Adventure begins Soon!ā€...

99E3250D-42D8-418B-BC87-8B29D47E5D74.jpeg

For a second I didnt even recognize LOL.

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs