First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Nov 2020. I got an LE R1S but I'm probably last on the list.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

I know its all guesses but I have a 11/20 order date for a R1S. I also have my current lease expiring now. I was looking at swapalease and thinking of taking over someones lease short term but would love everyones input on how long you think I should be looking for? Im assuming my late order would mean I wouldn't get delivery in the "Jan 2022" timeframe that is mentioned in my order confirmation?

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

I will? I was very late to the game as that is when I gave my $1k deposit.
Sorry it was a bit of humor regarding the fact that in general we keep hearing we'll hear more "very soon", but also that a few folks having CS say they'll be hearing from their guides "very very soon" based on their early order dates.

Apologies for any confusion :D

Reactions: TUD

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I know its all guesses but I have a 11/20 order date for a R1S. I also have my current lease expiring now. I was looking at swapalease and thinking of taking over someones lease short term but would love everyones input on how long you think I should be looking for? Im assuming my late order would mean I wouldn't get delivery in the "Jan 2022" timeframe that is mentioned in my order confirmation?
The configurator says deliveries begin Jan 2022, preying on the optimist in all of us :D. That simply won't be the case if you pre-ordered in 11/20. I would swap into a lease ending in mid 2022 at the earliest if I were you. That way even if you are pleasantly surprised with an earlier delivery you have the option of buying out your lease and trading it in.

I swapped in to my Lexus lease which expires June 2022, but I expect my Launch Edition R1S by the end of the year. I'll easily break even when trading in the Lexus, and hopefully will pocket a grand or two extra. If I were to switch to an Explore package, I would expect a delivery no earlier than Q2 2022 with a preorder date of 8/2020.

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Sorry it was a bit of humor regarding the fact that in general we keep hearing we'll hear more "very soon", but also that a few folks having CS say they'll be hearing from their guides "very very soon" based on their early order dates.

Apologies for any confusion :D
The FIRST rule of rivianforums.com ... will be revealed very soon.

Sponsored

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I placed my preorder for an R1T the day before you on 5/27/20, order no. 50255.
Maybe I'll get my base model before you! lol.

Good luck!

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Can't remember if I posted my pre-order date.

I pre-ordered 11/15/2020, which was 1 day before the configurator came online.

I'm expecting to get my R1T LE sometime in December.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Can't remember if I posted my pre-order date.

I pre-ordered 11/15/2020, which was 1 day before the configurator came online.

I'm expecting to get my R1T LE sometime in December.
Its going to be interesting to see how Rivian prioritizes that combination of a relatively late pre order date LE vs an early pre order non LE

Reactions: Rad

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Its going to be interesting to see how Rivian prioritizes that combination of a relatively late pre order date LE vs an early pre order non LE
Rivian has indicated that all LE will be delivered in 2021. Non LE deliveries will not begin until 2022. Same way some R1T orders will jump ahead of earlier R1S orders. Certain configuration details will take priority over pre-order date.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Rivian has indicated that all LE will be delivered in 2021. Non LE deliveries will not begin until 2022. Same way some R1T orders will jump ahead of earlier R1S orders. Certain configuration details will take priority over pre-order date.
In reality though, there will be some overlap in deliveries as they aren't going to wait until every LE is delivered before starting non-LE deliveries. Most likely this means some LE deliveries will linger into early 2022, unless things go extra smoothly and they are able to start some non-LE deliveries in December. Any early non-LE deliveries would likely match LE spec (Adventure package with Large battery), meaning there could be the opportunity for new orders to jump in line ahead of those waiting for delayed options.
Sponsored

Last edited: