Kunzene

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Clubs

Can't remember if I posted my pre-order date.

I pre-ordered 11/15/2020, which was 1 day before the configurator came online.

I'm expecting to get my R1T LE sometime in December.
11/12/2020 for me. I was also able to reserve a LE R1T. With a late reservation date and living in rural Kentucky I will be thrilled if I have delivery by the end of the year.
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I configured an R1S and placed the deposit on 04/18/2021. I'm hoping to take delivery by 04/18/2022. Not sure if that's realistic or not.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
I configured an R1S and placed the deposit on 04/18/2021. I'm hoping to take delivery by 04/18/2022. Not sure if that's realistic or not.

I preordered in Feb 2019 and also hope to take delivery by then haha :fingerscrossed:

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
9/13/19 for a R1S LE.

I was hoping September, but don't really have any idea about timeline.

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
9/13/19 for a R1S LE.

I was hoping September, but don't really have any idea about timeline.
I reserved a RIS on 9/10/20. I figure I will get the car in mid Nov. Here is my simple calculation only using Reservation dates ( I realize there are other factors).
According to the other Forum there are reservations for 217 RIS LE. I excluded duplicate orders entered, Canada and Hawaii. This is based on a total sample size of 871 Reservations so it should be fairly accurate.
1. My reservation date is 146 out of 217.
2. That means 146/217=.673
3. I assume they will make 3535 RIS LE( just my estimate).
So that is an average of 705 cars a month( I realize there will be a ramp up). THE .673 NUMBER IS THE SAME WHETHER THEY MAKE 3,535 OR 5,000.
4. Going back to number 3 .673x3535=2379. So I will be the 2379th RIS made. Using all these numbers says around Mid Nov my car is ready. This assumes they make 2,115 cars from Aug-Oct.
So anyone can figure out exactly where their Reservation falls by looking at the spreadsheet on the other forum. Not sure this is helpful but helps pass the time waiting until RIVIAN gives out some real info.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Can't remember if I posted my pre-order date.

I pre-ordered 11/15/2020, which was 1 day before the configurator came online.

I'm expecting to get my R1T LE sometime in December.
This is surprising to me. This makes me now believe there are fewer pre 2020 preorders than originally thought, higher percentage of non LE preorders, higher percentage of anticipated attrition, greater production forecast, a comb off all this. otherwise I can't rectify our estimates with the statement "all LE delivered in 2021".
Congrats Eeyore you may be the winner of the "shortest wait to receive a Rivian" award. Time will tell.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
In reality though, there will be some overlap in deliveries as they aren't going to wait until every LE is delivered before starting non-LE deliveries. Most likely this means some LE deliveries will linger into early 2022, unless things go extra smoothly and they are able to start some non-LE deliveries in December. Any early non-LE deliveries would likely match LE spec (Adventure package with Large battery), meaning there could be the opportunity for new orders to jump in line ahead of those waiting for delayed options.
Not saying this couldn't happen but to be clear this is your own speculation that would contradict what Rivian's "official" communications are saying. Unless I am missing something.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
This is surprising to me. This makes me now believe there are fewer pre 2020 preorders than originally thought, higher percentage of non LE preorders, higher percentage of anticipated attrition, greater production forecast, a comb off all this. otherwise I can't rectify our estimates with the statement "all LE delivered in 2021".
Congrats Eeyore you may be the winner of the "shortest wait to receive a Rivian" award. Time will tell.
Evidently Rivian didn't prioritize order date when they opened up the Configuration Web Page. I'm also beginning to wonder about some of the order numbers and shipping sequence that I had been assuming. The statement about all LE orders by Thanksgiving is getting a little curious.

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Not saying this couldn't happen but to be clear this is your own speculation that would contradict what Rivian's "official" communications are saying. Unless I am missing something.
They did not limit the ability to order an LE based on reservation date when they opened it. If you were watching for them to open the website and jumped on before they hit the LE limit, you got on the LE list.

They will then use your number as well as the other criteria for delivery.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
They did not limit the ability to order an LE based on reservation date when they opened it. If you were watching for them to open the website and jumped on before they hit the LE limit, you got on the LE list.

They will then use your number as well as the other criteria for delivery.
I get that But I'm assuming we would have heard some mention of an earlier preorder holder that missed out on LE because the configurator filled to quickly. Has anyone who placed a deposit pre 11/2020 that wanted LE spec. not able to reserve one? I suppose Rivian could start delivering explore package R1's or max Pack R1T's pre 2021 it's just that they are saying they don't have plans to do so. I am surprised that Rivian can deliver all LE in 2021 but they have not backed down from that statement. If they do slip however this would mean things are not going as planned. If this turns out to happen I would assume they would still produce all LE before mixing the assembly line between LE and non-LE config's adding complexity, So that is where I question @timf's post. I wouldn't be surprised if their was a small (+,- 1 week) overlap between the last few LE and the first few non LE deliveries due to shipping location travel times.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I get that But I'm assuming we would have heard some mention of an earlier preorder holder that missed out on LE because the configurator filled to quickly. Has anyone who placed a deposit pre 11/2020 that wanted LE spec. not able to reserve one? I suppose Rivian could start delivering explore package R1's or max Pack R1T's pre 2021 it's just that they are saying they don't have plans to do so. I am surprised that Rivian can deliver all LE in 2021 but they have not backed down from that statement. If they do slip however this would mean things are not going as planned. If this turns out to happen I would assume they would still produce all LE before mixing the assembly line between LE and non-LE config's adding complexity, So that is where I question @timf's post. I wouldn't be surprised if their was a small (+,- 1 week) overlap between the last few LE and the first few non LE deliveries due to shipping location travel times.
I have to assume that the reason they are standing behind all LEs in 2021 is because they limited the number of reservations to what they thought they could deliver (probably with a buffer). They filled up the LE reservations in less than a week.

I did hear a few people say they they missed out on the LEs. I can't find the posts now and not sure if it was this forum or another one. They did not share reservation numbers/dates but seemed to be OK with it because they wanted the larger pack and did not have to struggle with the decision to wait for it, that was made was made for them.

I would be surprised if some non-LEs are not delivered sometime in December. It would not make sense if the lines are running smoothly and they meet their LE goal early, not to keep it humming.

That being said, there are a lot of things being done that don't make sense to me. However, I am not privy to the decision discussions to fully understand them. It is really is hard to predict with anything other than a SWAG what will actually transpire.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
My reservation date is 12/8/2018. Reserved LE R1T Launch Green. I'm hoping that's the color they will start with, plus I'm in L.A county. I don't know what my reservation # is, but I hope I will get it early!

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
My reservation date is 12/8/2018. Reserved LE R1T Launch Green. I'm hoping that's the color they will start with, plus I'm in L.A county. I don't know what my reservation # is, but I hope I will get it early!
You are in the top 10% of Reservation Holders based on your date. Plus obviously LA will be an early delivery period. If they can make 10% of their Launch RIT’s in the first 45 days you should see it in July. I’m presuming they don’t start making anything until after 6/15. The only other variable is the famous Launch Green. No one knows when Launch Green will be made. You would think that Launch Green means it will be made at the Launch or they would have called it,”Last color made green”.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I pre-ordered my R1T 10/21/20. My first color choice is limestone. However I would like to see it in person before I confirm my order. I do live in Los Angeles but I figure with my late registration and my color option I probably wont be getting my R1T until December.

Interferon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P100DL
Truck with adventure and max pack. Ordered November 2020
I would guess delivery will be sometime around July 2022
Sponsored