Sponsored

Lopsided/sagging suspension!!!

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I've got my Bellevue service appointment for this Thursday to address this too (well reported it as pulling to the right at low speeds, with also noticing that the right front is low) along with some other issues.
Was hoping to add more to the list for them to look at given the time it takes to get in there, but luckily I haven't found else anything yet. My luck, I'll notice when I get it back...

Re: more service centers for us, I think I read in another thread that they are breaking ground on one in Tukwila (supposed to be consumer only and the Bellevue one will transition to serving Amazon). Also, once the Portland one is up and running full service, that should help with the trucks that are being set up here that they don't have the ability to service down there atm.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I noticed the rear passenger side of the truck is lower than the drivers side, by quite a bit - all heights. to lesser extent, the front passenger side is also lower. As a result, the truck "leans right," and pulls right as a result. CS had me do several "hard resets," but that didn't change anything. I'm concerned about the lean and resulting abnormal tire wear. I have an open service request, but my SC (Bellevue) is now booking appointments for May 2023! WTF?

Thoughts/Suggestions?
Update: Now scheduled in Bellevue for a whole list of fixes, including the lopsided suspension for 1/18. Yep, that’s January 18th. 😀

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Update: Now scheduled in Bellevue for a whole list of fixes, including the lopsided suspension for 1/18. Yep, that’s January 18th. 😀
Awesome!

What did you bribe them with? Asking for a friend 🤔

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Awesome!

What did you bribe them with? Asking for a friend 🤔
Nothing, actually… other than asking them to cover the cost of tires if they wear down while I wait months for an appointment. I suspect they also monitor forums.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Nothing, actually… other than asking them to cover the cost of tires if they wear down while I wait months for an appointment. I suspect they also monitor forums.
That’s great. I would have told them the same thing if I were you.

I’ve been told by several people that Rivian employees often check the forums. Guides, techs, etc. I’m glad they do.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Four months sucks. Glad they got you scheduled sooner.

Product of being early adopters. This is the primary reason why many first day order holders are still waiting for their trucks. They don't want to deliver to locations they can't adequately service.

Will take time for them to build it up. But can say, it's not just Rivian. I'm in SoCal, the Tesla capital of the world and they scheduled me over 2 months out for service.

Except for items deemed critical that require towing or issues where the truck is completely dead and stranded, then they schedule in order. Critical items get moved to the front of the line.

Sounds like a leak in the system somewhere. And definitely something you want to get fixed right away. If it won't come up while driving, then it's likely a decent sized leak that the compressor can't keep up with, thus will overtax the compressor into failure. Probably best not to drive it for the next 8 days if you have alternative transportation. That much less time that you'll be overworking the compressor.

At least in my case, they were able to get the parts they needed pretty quickly, so hopefully once you get it in, will only be a few days before they get it done.

Best of luck

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Four months sucks. Glad they got you scheduled sooner.

Product of being early adopters. This is the primary reason why many first day order holders are still waiting for their trucks. They don't want to deliver to locations they can't adequately service.

Will take time for them to build it up. But can say, it's not just Rivian. I'm in SoCal, the Tesla capital of the world and they scheduled me over 2 months out for service.

Except for items deemed critical that require towing or issues where the truck is completely dead and stranded, then they schedule in order. Critical items get moved to the front of the line.

Sounds like a leak in the system somewhere. And definitely something you want to get fixed right away. If it won't come up while driving, then it's likely a decent sized leak that the compressor can't keep up with, thus will overtax the compressor into failure. Probably best not to drive it for the next 8 days if you have alternative transportation. That much less time that you'll be overworking the compressor.

At least in my case, they were able to get the parts they needed pretty quickly, so hopefully once you get it in, will only be a few days before they get it done.

Best of luck
Watch, my truck will be in service when my running boards arrive!

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
I played with the camp mode level setting while parked on a little slope for the first time. Worked great. But when I went to put it back into normal driving the truck wanted me to drive less than 8mph for a little bit to recalibrate to normal driving level. It was weird driving with the front passenger suspension at lowest height and the rear driver suspension at max height. Anyway, it got me wondering, has anyone with a suspension issue tried camp mode? And then turning it off to see if that makes a difference? Or is it just a manifold leak issue?

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Using tire change mode is supposedly a good way to rule out software because the truck should not make any adjustments after set in this mode. The SC was happy I ran this experiment and provided data. My truck is still at the SC, last item on the list is fixing the overnight suspension drop.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I played with the camp mode level setting while parked on a little slope for the first time. Worked great. But when I went to put it back into normal driving the truck wanted me to drive less than 8mph for a little bit to recalibrate to normal driving level. It was weird driving with the front passenger suspension at lowest height and the rear driver suspension at max height. Anyway, it got me wondering, has anyone with a suspension issue tried camp mode? And then turning it off to see if that makes a difference? Or is it just a manifold leak issue?
Mine has been at the SC for over 5 days on this. No updates to report, yet...

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Sorry to hear that but I hope they get it fixed and back to you soon!

05soxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Self
Mine has been at the SC for over 5 days on this. No updates to report, yet...
Just curious if there was any resolution to your issue? Getting major run around from service for very similar issue. Thanks in advance!

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Just curious if there was any resolution to your issue? Getting major run around from service for very similar issue. Thanks in advance!
Mine still at SC for over 3 weeks with similar issue.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes. All fixed. Just required recalibration and alignment.
Sponsored