First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Ditto. I'm visiting Phoenix and the ambient temp is 112 deg; the fan is on maximum overdrive even when parked. It's so loud at one point, it completely drowned out my conversation with my Rivian service advisor while on speaker phone...
That is what I am experiencing. Must be weather related, was 100 today !
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

That is what I am experiencing. Must be weather related, was 100 today !
Must be why mine was so quiet after getting home. Rainy and 50s/60s today. Juneuary here 🤷🏼‍♂️

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Received r1t today. The fan in the front is quite loud and runs constantly whenever unlocked. Is this normal?
Something to be aware of also, your cabin climate settings could be turning on once you unlock also. If I am going to be working around and inside the truck I will often reach in and turn off climate control and that turns most of the front end noise off while it is unlocked.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Something to be aware of also, your cabin climate settings could be turning on once you unlock also. If I am going to be working around and inside the truck I will often reach in and turn off climate control and that turns most of the front end noise off while it is unlocked.
Yeah, if sitting in the truck when fast charging with AC on, gets very loud…quiets down 60% when AC is turned off. Someone mentioned same fan, compressor works to cool battery pack as well, so guess this is reason it’s working so hard.

MTBinBend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE El Cap, Black Mountain 20" AT Nov 2020
Question for all the owners on vehicle panel and door fit/finish. When I received my R1T last week, it was obvious that Rivian did a poor quality check. Both driver and passenger doors were not aligned. Front quarter panels and hood have some alignment issues. Etc etc.

my question is how many others have had these issues and was service able to fix? I submitted a ticket last week but haven’t heard from Rivian yet. Thanks for your feedback.

Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Question for all the owners on vehicle panel and door fit/finish. When I received my R1T last week, it was obvious that Rivian did a poor quality check. Both driver and passenger doors were not aligned. Front quarter panels and hood have some alignment issues. Etc etc.

my question is how many others have had these issues and was service able to fix? I submitted a ticket last week but haven’t heard from Rivian yet. Thanks for your feedback.
My experience is they have been very responsive.

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

I have some tickets in for panel alignment issues, wind noise, etc. They did come out and try to fix at my house during a mobile visit, but decided it was too much for them to handle given their tools (plus all the rain). So it will be taken to Portland to resolve in their shop.

Overall they are pretty responsive to tickets you create in the mobile app. Also, calling them works too.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I've had some tickets I opened from the app that have been open a week or two now and no response. Minor issues, like the tire sticker in the driver door jam is for the wrong wheels/tires, tailgate alignment issue...and I feel like I have another one or two that have not gotten a response. But again, minor issues really so I'm not sweating it.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Ditto. I'm visiting Phoenix and the ambient temp is 112 deg; the fan is on maximum overdrive even when parked. It's so loud at one point, it completely drowned out my conversation with my Rivian service advisor while on speaker phone...
What the heck are they hoping to accomplish running the fans in such heat?

If you're generating the heat inside the vehicle then yeah it makes sense but this doesn't seem to be an uncommon account - fans running/BMS working with the vehicle parked and doing nothing. Unless they're refrigerating the battery it's just wasting power.

Also in keeping with the thread - does anyone regret or wish they could change the color they ordered, which one did you get? I'm on the fence between FG and blue, though the red and yellow ones have looked sharp in every photo I've seen too.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
What the heck are they hoping to accomplish running the fans in such heat?
They are cooling the battery. At 112 degrees the battery will get to hot and will degrade unless it is cooled.

Sponsored

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
They are cooling the battery. At 112 degrees the battery will get to hot and will degrade unless it is cooled.
Cooling it with what is my point, 112 degree air?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Search brought me nothing, so here goes - how is the reflectivity of the dash on the windshield. I'm going for black mountain, but I see lots of "shiny bits".

In my current JGC, I have mostly black interior but the designers, in all of their lack of wisdom, left some "brownish chrome" bits that have horrible glare on the windshield and side windows in bright sun. Wondering if Rivian has the same issue.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Search brought me nothing, so here goes - how is the reflectivity of the dash on the windshield. I'm going for black mountain, but I see lots of "shiny bits".

In my current JGC, I have mostly black interior but the designers, in all of their lack of wisdom, left some "brownish chrome" bits that have horrible glare on the windshield and side windows in bright sun. Wondering if Rivian has the same issue.
Polarized sunglasses are the way.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I second the polarized glasses. Without them, the pleather dash itself becomes a reflective surface. Nothing shiny gets me though.
Sponsored