First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Sooooo does the alarm on this truck just not work? I have a car show on Monday and was hoping to lock the truck and leave the windows down so people could look in.

If you open the door from the open window nothing happens. No honking, no alarm, nothing. Also, once in it lets you unlock ALL the doors and mess with the whole interface.

Also nothing gets recorded on the alarm section of gear guard.

Finally, if you set the panic mode (hold lock on fun for two seconds) it just flashes the lights with no sound. Also didn't record anything in the get guard.

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Sooooo does the alarm on this truck just not work? I have a car show on Monday and was hoping to lock the truck and leave the windows down so people could look in.

If you open the door from the open window nothing happens. No honking, no alarm, nothing. Also, once in it lets you unlock ALL the doors and mess with the whole interface.

Finally, if you set the panic mode (hold lock on fun for two seconds) it just flashes the lights with no sound. Also didn't record anything in the get guard.

Did you try this with all forms of key out of range?

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Did you try this with all forms of key out of range?
The key was pretty far away yeah. Couldn't put the truck into gear and it was asking for the key

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy

Not sure if this is related to your issue, but my Gear Guard stopped working completely after the last update, 2022.19.3. It's going in for service later this week.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

@jjswan33 @godfodder0901 and anyone else in the PNW, has anyone done a tire rotation yet? If so, where did you go?
I'm really not looking forward to a Bellevue SC trip if that's what it takes...

Sponsored

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

@jjswan33 @godfodder0901 and anyone else in the PNW, has anyone done a tire rotation yet? If so, where did you go?
I'm really not looking forward to a Bellevue SC trip if that's what it takes...
I did it in my driveway, would definitely not do it again with the included jack.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I did it in my driveway, would definitely not do it again with the included jack.
Right. For $100 to rotate and align at SC, I could get a couple 6 ton bottle jacks. I still have my 4 ton jack stands from the Rover, but where would I place them?

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn’t find it via search.

Day 1 of driving on a smooth highway without any cars nearby. Speed at 60. Windows up, no air, and no music. Cabin is quiet but I do hear what I assume are the motors “whirring” as I accelerate or decelerate. It’s very noticeable although not bad. I think I was expecting it to be much quieter.

anyhow is this everyone else’s experience? Simple fix is obviously turn on radio or roll down windows.
Same here but I love the sound of the motors....especially when I get on it!

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
Question for all the owners on vehicle panel and door fit/finish. When I received my R1T last week, it was obvious that Rivian did a poor quality check. Both driver and passenger doors were not aligned. Front quarter panels and hood have some alignment issues. Etc etc.

my question is how many others have had these issues and was service able to fix? I submitted a ticket last week but haven’t heard from Rivian yet. Thanks for your feedback.
I had the same issues and they fixed most of them and only got my doors 50% better still sick it about 1/8th of a inch. SC told me it is a close as they can get them.

Sponsored

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain

I was told there was/ is a issues with gear guard Gary. If you have turned on do not record at home then on some trucks it will not work at all. Just turn off do not record at home. Hope this helps.
Revo

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Question for all the owners on vehicle panel and door fit/finish. When I received my R1T last week, it was obvious that Rivian did a poor quality check. Both driver and passenger doors were not aligned. Front quarter panels and hood have some alignment issues. Etc etc.

my question is how many others have had these issues and was service able to fix? I submitted a ticket last week but haven’t heard from Rivian yet. Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, same here. Had it sent to the service center who was able to fix the panel alignment problems plus some other minor issues that QC 'missed'.

I don't know if this is a common problem or if it is more prevalent to deliveries at the end of the quarter.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Need opinions here. Will be taking my R1T on its first long drive to Las Vegas. Trying to decide if I should valet or not. There is a charger but in valet garage. Anyone with valet experience? Thanks

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Need opinions here. Will be taking my R1T on its first long drive to Las Vegas. Trying to decide if I should valet or not. There is a charger but in valet garage. Anyone with valet experience? Thanks
having seen the documentary about valets, “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”, I would not valet a rivian or anything else.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I’ve valeted our MY before. I think it depends on 2 things. One how much you trust the valet and second how much you trust the venue.
Note with modern cars that allow you to track them from an app, valets are smart enough to know they will get caught and at any reputable employer they will be fired if they go joy riding.
If you think the venue can afford to replace the vehicle and will do so to keep their reputation, you have little to risk. They will vet their valets. And cover you if something goes wrong.
Sponsored