Sponsored

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I posted this in general topics, but didn't get much of a response yet, so maybe this is a better place.

For those with a truck already, is your steering wheel perfectly centered when traveling down a straight road? I took delivery this weekend and my steering wheel isn't level when traveling down a straight, non-crowned road. I had service try to correct this issue twice but my steering wheel still is off center (sits more in the 8 - 2-o-clock position than a level 9 - 3-o-clock position). The service tech insisted it was perfect and just due to road crown, but it clearly isn't.

I've never had this issue with a new car previously and wondering if anyone else has the same problem. The tires are all equally inflated and the truck tracks straight. They even put it on the alignment rack twice, but the steering wheel is still a bit off center.
Sponsored

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Has anyone had issues with the ventilated seats not working reliably? Noticed last night that when engaged I could hear the changes in the fans however I did not feel anything. I wonder if there is some sort of vent or other mechanism that opens/closes that isn't working all the time. Felt fine this morning.
I have noticed this as well, but it isn't regular enough for me to rule out my clothing as a potential cause.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
I posted this in general topics, but didn't get much of a response yet, so maybe this is a better place.

For those with a truck already, is your steering wheel perfectly centered when traveling down a straight road? I took delivery this weekend and my steering wheel isn't level when traveling down a straight, non-crowned road. I had service try to correct this issue twice but my steering wheel still is off center (sits more in the 8 - 2-o-clock position than a level 9 - 3-o-clock position). The service tech insisted it was perfect and just due to road crown, but it clearly isn't.

I've never had this issue with a new car previously and wondering if anyone else has the same problem. The tires are all equally inflated and the truck tracks straight. They even put it on the alignment rack twice, but the steering wheel is still a bit off center.
I had that issue with my Ford F150 Platinum and my Acura MDX. They can fix it w a simple alignment. I have heard that on some vehicles, you can also loosen the steering wheel and adjust it that way but I think the suspension alignment is the way to go, which means a visit to a nearby SC

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I think I've tossed out this question in a few threads but with no luck, so giving it another try!

Could an R1T owner take a measurement of the longest possible diagonal length in the gear tunnel?

For context, I'm curious to see if skis would fit in the gear tunnel. I’m looking at buying a pair of 180cm skis and planning whether or not I need to order a ski rack mount in the configuration.
Measured from where I thought would be the furthest point possible on the front, lower corner on the passenger side. Safe to probably estimate based on what I saw that the cargo area starts inside the plastic mounding because there is some offset/intrusion from the gear tunnel door, etc.

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 20220607_103013

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
I and my wife both have the Note 10 and did not have any issues. Hate to have to say it, but have you tried rebooting your phone?
Thanks for the reply, yes rebooted the phone, reinstalled the Rivian app, rebooted the infotainment, rebooted the entire truck and trided my wifes samsung s20 phone. All after full reboots.

Thanks Revo

Sponsored

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
I think I've tossed out this question in a few threads but with no luck, so giving it another try!

Could an R1T owner take a measurement of the longest possible diagonal length in the gear tunnel?

Here is a photo at the top diagonal (I had stuff in the tunnel) you may gain a 1/2 inch at the bottom because its a bit wider.

For context, I'm curious to see if skis would fit in the gear tunnel. I’m looking at buying a pair of 180cm skis and planning whether or not I need to order a ski rack mount in the configuration.
Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]!

If not asked already: When will my R1S be delivered?
Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 20220607_114813

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What, you didn't like my answer on your thread? Jeeze!

If you don't like what the SC has to say, get a second opinion from another place. I've posted the spec caster, camber, and toe. Give it to them and good luck.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
What, you didn't like my answer on your thread? Jeeze!

If you don't like what the SC has to say, get a second opinion from another place. I've posted the spec caster, camber, and toe. Give it to them and good luck.
You didn't provide an answer in my other thread -- you just asked if I high-centered the truck. Obviously that wasn't the case, since I explained in the post that I just took delivery of the truck and the steering was off center from the moment I pulled out of Rivian's lot. With respect, your "answer" wasn't of much benefit, so I posted in this owner's thread to see if others have encountered the same issue and what resolution they found. If my post here offends you for some reason, please accept my apologies and kindly ignore the post.

Last edited:

MTBinBend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE El Cap, Black Mountain 20" AT Nov 2020
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn’t find it via search.

Day 1 of driving on a smooth highway without any cars nearby. Speed at 60. Windows up, no air, and no music. Cabin is quiet but I do hear what I assume are the motors “whirring” as I accelerate or decelerate. It’s very noticeable although not bad. I think I was expecting it to be much quieter.

anyhow is this everyone else’s experience? Simple fix is obviously turn on radio or roll down windows.

Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn’t find it via search.

Day 1 of driving on a smooth highway without any cars nearby. Speed at 60. Windows up, no air, and no music. Cabin is quiet but I do hear what I assume are the motors “whirring” as I accelerate or decelerate. It’s very noticeable although not bad. I think I was expecting it to be much quieter.

anyhow is this everyone else’s experience? Simple fix is obviously turn on radio or roll down windows.
Ditto with mine. I have heard many journalists making the same comment so I'm assuming this is normal. My Tesla and polestar makes motor noises too just not as prominent but they are both dual motors and not quad like my R1T.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Cabin is quiet but I do hear what I assume are the motors “whirring” as I accelerate or decelerate. It’s very noticeable although not bad. I think I was expecting it to be much quieter.
Embrace it! So many manufacturers, even in ICEs, now use synthetic sounds to hint at what the drivetrain is doing. The motor noise/whine on the Rivian is the genuine article. It's likely more noticeable because there are 4 motors vs 1 or 2. My MINI will whine a little bit under full throttle, but is otherwise fairly quiet...also only has a single motor that is only 181 hp.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Received r1t today. The fan in the front is quite loud and runs constantly whenever unlocked. Is this normal?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Received r1t today. The fan in the front is quite loud and runs constantly whenever unlocked. Is this normal?
If it's hot out, yes, BMS protecting your cells. I only hear fans fire up now when I bring the fob near it or open the doors when unlocked and no fob.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ditto. I'm visiting Phoenix and the ambient temp is 112 deg; the fan is on maximum overdrive even when parked. It's so loud at one point, it completely drowned out my conversation with my Rivian service advisor while on speaker phone...
Sponsored